VRTP Trading Hours for 2022

themagician

Not sure if this is in response to the chaos that there has been at the VRTP Easter school holidays, but they have published their parks operating hours for the rest of the year. And it is great to see they are extending the trading hours for the September and Summer holidays.

Wet n Wild slightly reduces their hours for the winter, but it’s great to see they are already stating they will be open until 8 next Summer. 
655CC38D-C97B-4B6D-A33F-C81D67F974FE.thumb.jpeg.9ce050835c9ecf0ab2c88863a737706a.jpeg

6BE5BD23-D755-410F-8930-6A6FF1FE8E4C.thumb.jpeg.0bc0d814da7fbbbf8efb26bd1b478cdf.jpeg

Movie World is slightly extending the hours for September and a reasonable amount of time for Summer (wouldn’t expect anymore because of the houses nearby)

19C3A2C6-BBC8-44FE-8241-9B92A3F91A39.thumb.jpeg.b603f0f9828fdd6b1a03b5d2f22e816e.jpeg
76934E3F-1EBD-42B7-98E7-F3742A5AC680.thumb.jpeg.1c5b78588a4468811a3ead6c20e5c6ed.jpeg

And SW will extend their too

265E790F-2985-49A4-8D50-E0D5A757E32C.thumb.jpeg.71e1b3d2386775ab871fd5329ab0643f.jpeg
AC7E371B-7430-407B-BD47-32057CDE1BC8.thumb.jpeg.61352ae71976a4ea22d50c69b2fe6548.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All seems fair enough. I rage at the rides close half an hour before the park does crap. I don't care how you spin it the park closes when the rides do. Otherwise, good. Exactly what they should be doing, and possibly a response to the past couple weeks. Also pleased to see WnW getting its normal 4pm closing time back too over winter; it had been reduced to 3:30 so that's a good thing.

I can almost guarantee they won't, but I'd love to see the Aqua Colour infrastructure put in late December and run a different 'non Carnivale Sea World themed' show at 7:30. Try and really take advantage of whatever boost Leviathan will bring.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Can someone explain why Movie World opening late is such a hard task with the residents? Luna Park Sydney operates to 11pm with residents on the literal doorstep.. not asking for that late.. but 8/9pm on Friday/Saturday night should be a no brainer. 

i was thinking this too, i mean they are open until around 10-11 for fright nights which takes place on Friday - Sunday after the September school holidays, after Christmas they should atleast until 8pm.

55 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Can someone explain why Movie World opening late is such a hard task with the residents? Luna Park Sydney operates to 11pm with residents on the literal doorstep.. not asking for that late.. but 8/9pm on Friday/Saturday night should be a no brainer. 

There is a limited number of allowable late night operations in line with the zoning I believe. I don’t think MW is looking for drawn out legal battles as seen with LPS. The housing in the surrounding area to the park also pre-dates the park, unlike in LPS case when the park predates the residents 

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems debatable…

if the sound is being amplified at a level above the tree line, the trees will do nothing to muffle it. 

the noise regulations and zoning is what it is. No point saying it shouldn’t be, it is.

Luckily the only thing above the treetops (23m ish) is the top of the coasters. 

Blue is trees at 23m ish - Red is rivals top height.

image.thumb.png.1e271b79c28c6f6f65294d9310e0caa5.png

10 hours ago, rappa said:

You forget that according to @Dean Barnett we should just get rid of seatbelts cause the yanks do. 
So why not open at night and make noise since other parks do too. 

#logic

Well then @rappa I'll change tact then and say we should get rid of seatbelts because the europeans do (Blue Fire doesn't have seatbelts) 

WE ARE NOT IN THE USA OR EUROPE

WE ARE NOT EVEN IN MELBOURNE OR SYDNEY

Stop with these nonsense suggestions the Gold Coast parks should do this and that just because it’s what happens somewhere else. They have their own sets of rules and regulations to abide by. 
You might not like it but thats how it is. 

• Like 3

People that live in Studio Village need to just shut up about the noise. They moved next to a working studio and theme park. We do events at the park all year long and 10pm, we have to cut all noise because these idiots moved next to an entertainment precinct. The next problem is GC city council has no backbone and bows down to these people. 

Edited by Pyro
wrong wording

I live in the middle of Surfers Paradise. 
We have residents in our building complaining to the council that the slingshot moved and makes noise affecting their peace and quiet…

… in Surfers Paradise 🤦‍♂️ 

There’s no hope expecting logic and reasonableness from the majority of the population 

55 minutes ago, rappa said:

BUT I WANT TO LEAVE MY DOORS OPEN!

AND I WANT TO LIVE IN A PARTY PRECINCT!!

AND I WANT IT TO BE QUIET WHEN I DO SO!!!!

this is the sort of person you are up against with these things. 

explains why the council can’t be bothered putting up a fight with them about this sort of stuff tbh

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Luckily the only thing above the treetops (23m ish) is the top of the coasters. 

Blue is trees at 23m ish - Red is rivals top height.

Go take a look at Wild West Falls. Nevermind - i've included a picture below - let's play spot the difference:

Wild West Falls Adventure Ride - Alchetron, the free social encyclopedia

Rio Bravo - Intamin Amusement Rides

See how Wild West has a giant wall built down the side of the drop? It shields residents from the screams of riders. Notice it's missing from the second pic? Thats Rio Bravo in Parque Warner - where no such residential issues exist.

There is a big reason nothing else is built up that end of the park despite decades of people coming up with amazing concepts, and its also why they continue to develop and expand into the carpark. 

The residents were there before these rides were, and too much noise, or too many late nights, and the complaints go to council and the park has to deal with them. 

As for trees and tree heights - Up in Cleveland, channel 7 filmed a TV show called Holey Moley. The local council received noise complaints from residents who were (at their nearest) over 250m away through a dense forest of trees. The filming had a handful of family friends and rent-a-crowd numbering a couple of hundred, as opposed to the thousands of people who attend movie world night events.

image.png.5df4d21668323fa7ecb2f4e5039e5288.pngimage.png.c2864210add516f687be29255e3f4d0d.png

The closest house to Movie World's operations is under 150m (Stunt Driver's fireball finale), and the closest distance to rider screams (Wild West's drop) is 230m. It's just simply unworkable.

Luna Park doesn't have to but only because of government support, court precedents and legislation. There was a time when the residents shut the park down. Come back and complain when Movie World is 100 years old, has been shut down and through court.

Here's a tip for free - there's a lot of people here who have had these discussions a dozen times before. This site has been around for almost 20 years. You've been around for 5 minutes. Why don't you try listening to these guys who have worked in the industry over those two decades, instead of telling them (wrongly) why they must be wrong. Theres a lot of people being quite a lot more patient with you than they should be - but that patience is quickly running out.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As for trees and tree heights - Up in Cleveland, channel 7 filmed a TV show called Holey Moley. The local council received noise complaints from residents who were (at their nearest) over 250m away through a dense forest of trees. The filming had a handful of family friends and rent-a-crowd numbering a couple of hundred, as opposed to the thousands of people who attend movie world night events.

Holey Moley was shot throughout the whole night to dawn - not to 9pm... not really fair to compare.

5 hours ago, rappa said:

WE ARE NOT IN THE USA OR EUROPE

WE ARE NOT EVEN IN MELBOURNE OR SYDNEY

No real need for caps - but can someone explain to me why Australia seems to be unique with art of having external seatbelts installed on rides that can't be done up by the guests? There's safe - then there's safety theatre - that just slows down the ops and generally just turns off the GP - which means less capital for new things overall. 

Sorry for all if I'm provoking too much discussion on a discussion board. I'm pretty sure you can block me if you're not a fan of discussion.. on a discussion board.

Don't get me started on Movie World charging for guests to meet characters...

Edited by Dean Barnett

36 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Holey Moley was shot throughout the whole night to dawn - not to 9pm... not really fair to compare.

it goes directly to your claim about trees being sufficient to ignore any noise concerns. The trees aren't sufficient. 

37 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

can someone explain to me why Australia seems to be unique with art of having external seatbelts installed on rides that can't be done up by the guests?

Superman seatbelts can be done by guests. So can Green Lantern. It seems to be a 'MACK' thing about these belts. Yes I realise Mack coasters overseas don't have them, but all their current seatbelt requirements seem to be more than just a redundancy to the restraint, they are themselves their own safety system. 

I boarded Tailwhip once, and got talking to the operators. Old mate did my seatbelt up, and then for some reason, turned around to shut the gate that was behind him as it was left open - The loader on the other side of the platform called him to come back to the chair. He forgot to swipe the tag on the seat to confirm the belt, and it timed out before he got back. They had to unlock and redo the harnesses and re-swipe the tags. I don't know why its needed, but its clearly a manufacturer requirement for the operators to do it this way, rather than a 'specific to Australia' thing.

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

it is pretty stupid complaining about noise when you voluntarily moved next to an entertainment precinct as big as Movie World

As has been stated, many times, the houses were their long before the theme park, and the bigger, more thrilling rides that exist now. 

...and i'd say loud screams, crowd noise, show explosions, and other theme park associated sounds, at 8-9pm - a time when many kids are being put to sleep during school holidays (and when many working adults are starting to wind down) is far more likely to keep people from going to sleep in the first place, as opposed to simple crowd noise at 2-3am (which is also further away) when people are already asleep.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We aren't las vegas. we don't have a history of opening late on the regular. Our parks should  have longer trading hours (and this thread shows they're looking at small extensions to try easing the crowds) but dismissing the concerns of residents, who were there first, who are demonstrably closer to sources of noise than other recent examples of noise complaints in residential areas - shows that you're not basing your arguments in reality - instead working on the selfish basis that all these other reasons shouldn't matter because someone else has done what you want these guys to do. Our coasters use seatbelts. our parks don't trade late. Movie World's neighbours were there first and don't like loud noise 12+ weeks of the year.

• Like 3