Money Machine??

Psycho

Ok.......WHAT ON EARTH?? Money Machine 12/04/03-27/04/03 YOU’RE IN THE MONEY !!! Who needs a time machine when Wonderland Sydney has the “Money Machine”? Simply visit Wonderland Sydney during the Easter School holidays, 12th - 27th April 2003 for your chance to “be in the money”. Collect your entry form from our front gate, guest relation’s staff and place it in the “in park” barrel. Three lucky adults and children will be drawn from the barrel and will spend 30 seconds each in the “Money Machine”. The machine will contain various denominations ranging from $5 notes to $100 notes. There will also be Bonus Vouchers placed in the machine randomly, should you catch one of these you could win up to 100,000 dollars!* Visit Wonderland Sydney during the Easter school holidays for your chance to increase your bank account. The “Money Machine” will operate daily with at 3.00pm. Don’t miss out on your chance catch the “Money Machine” at Wonderland Sydney, this Easter School Holidays and WIN !!!!!!! Full terms and conditions available at ----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines---- (please see promotions) and at Wonderland Sydney. *$100,000 cash available once to adults only during promotional period. If you are drawn there is a 1 in 30,000 chance of winning $100,000. Authorised NSW permit # TPL03/02897 Has the park management gone a bit odd? This reminds me of a tacky sixties game show! Will this really increase attendance.......... Maybe the 100 grand should be spent on something more constructive lol. Not that anyone will win it.......1 in 30,000!

there are a couple of fellows from america at work at the moment installing some system, that I cant talk about right now, anyway they also do the other australian parks, plus some parks in the states including Dollywood anyway one of them told me the following today wonderland is making there areas (lands) smaller because its to big a park and needs to be smaller so people can get around in a day after this construction a ride will be installed but he wouldnt say what. but did say more rides would follow also said scenic world in Sydney would be a known name in the press next year and will hold a world record for highest drop.

wonderland is making there areas (lands) smaller because its to big a park and needs to be smaller so people can get around in a day after this construction a ride will be installed but he wouldnt say what. but did say more rides would follow
This 'the park is too big' stuff is really getting out of hand. By reducing areas of the park, this will surely mean the closure of some rides, and god lets hope it would be TBB that will be closing down!
also said scenic world in Sydney would be a known name in the press next year and will hold a world record for highest drop
Highest drop? At Scenic World? That would mean this coaster would have to be higher than 420ft.. that is extremely unlikely!

No, It means it would need a drop greater than 400ft. It's the greatest drop record. Its possible but unlikely. If it happened it would be down into the valley but as i said, i doubt it. I'm not going to get my hopes up because of some workers in wonderland, even though it would be great if it was true.

That idea of Scenic World getting some sort of 'big ride' sounds intriguing (perhaps even a little absurd, but you have to dream :)). The park is run very well it seems. Around 10 years ago, you saw a tired old tourist trap which was just an interesting side-trip. Go there today, and you'll see a well presented, neat place with a nice restaurant etc. It is by no means a theme park or amusement park, rather a tourist destination. The fact that it has 'world' in the name doesn't make it a theme park. They haven't opened Orphan Rocker yet. It's sitting there, dormant for the best part of a decade. Part of me says that they should finish what they've already started before embarking on something equally as challenging. Yet I also feel that you learn from their mistakes. Had they have gone with an reputable company (which at the time would probably have been Arrow), the ride would have been running 10 years ago. I think (or know) that if they were to embark on something else, they'd do it properly. Their most recent attraction, Sceniscender, was built by Swiss company Doppelmayr (as the ski season comes closer, you'll probably hear more about them from me), and maybe they've seen what else you can get from Switzerland (and I don't only mean alpenhorns).