Left wanting more.

Bussy

Wonderland may be left with most of its ride assets in January when the handover occurs. They have lost many opportunities to sell most of, if not all of the rides but they are unwilling to let potential buyers bargain the price down to a reasonable level. There have been several interested parties but have all been forced to turn their backs and walk away due to Wonderlands unwillingness to drop the price. It should be interesting to see what happens come January. "The Bus is now leaving for Moneybung, NSW"

Personally I can't see Dreamworld taking anything from Wonderland. Why would they, they obviously have pleanty of money at the moment. Whoever buys (if anyone) the slides will have to replace the tower and have Aquatube cleaned and resealed as it wasn't done during the last refurbishment. If the slides are going to go anywhere I betting that they will stay in NSW, but I think that they will not get a buyer for them and will be scrapped. More information about the future of Wonderland rides coming soon. "The Bus is now leaving for Sealers Springs, Tasmania"

Personally I can't see Dreamworld taking anything from Wonderland. Why would they, they obviously have plenty of money at the moment. Whoever buys (if anyone) the slides will have to replace the tower and have Aqua Tube cleaned and resealed as it wasn't done during the last refurbishment. If the slides are going to go anywhere I betting that they will stay in NSW, but I think that they will not get a buyer for them and will be scrapped. More information about the future of Wonderland rides coming soon. "The Bus is now leaving for Sealers Springs, Tasmania"

Yeah I agree... those slides should not be going anywhere. Water park technology has really improved since Wonderland built The Beach and I don't even think Jamberoo would want Wonderland's old stuff. As for Dreamworld I am fairly sure they will pull out something impressive when the time comes to upgrade their water park and I am looking forward to it. Wonderland did such a cheap job of refurbishing the slides it hardly made a difference and as wonderbus said they didn't even bother refurbishing the aqua tube. So dodgy

I dunno if they'd buy the slides from Wonderland. Afterall, Seaworld's slide tower must be on the market now, and is probably in better condition. Plus the last thing we sold was Thrillseeker which had its asking price cut in half after a couple of weeks and was sold not long after that. Unlike Wonderland, we know how to get rid of unwanted rides ;-) Still Dreamworld would be bloody insane to buy second hand stuff. Besides, if what I've heard about Dreamworld's new CEO is true, then there's no way he'll look buying old stuff. You'd think somewhere like Aussie World, Adventure World or one of the Luna Parks would be the most likley home to anything from Wonderland, and I can't see them going after the slides either.

The waterlides will probably be bought up by some piddling little park, only for the slide parts to lie on the ground, entangled with weeds and the supports to rust away, the slides never ending up being assembled. I have seen this happen when a large waterslide in my town that used to be operated by Apex was taken down from its lakeside location and moved to "Emerald Bank Herritage Farm", this all happened four years ago and the slide was never reassembled. BTW, when I first read this post, I thought it would be about the ALP wanting something more.

My sources tell me that the slides will be staying in NSW. There are a few interested parties still so they could be going to a couple of different places. Saying that the sale of the slides is still not a sure thing and in the end they may go to the scrap heap. As for the other rides it looks like most of them will be staying in NSW (in what for I'm not sure) but there are a couple of interested buyers from interstate.

BTW, when I first read this post, I thought it would be about the ALP wanting something more.
I presume you are talking about the Australian Labor Party, if so, why did you think that? After all this is the Wonderland Sydney forum. "The Bus is now leaving for Slide Inn, Victoria"