Aussie World restricting number of rides per guest??

Coasterjoe

I have never heard of this before, but it was a complaint from someone on their facebook page. According to this user, aussieworld restricted them to a maximum of 2 rides per hour on one ride for all rides. I know they did have a restriction on repeated rides of SX360 due to blackout risk or something. Anyone keen to shed some light? Is this true? Is Aussie world on breach of advertising as they advertise day passes as unlimited rides? Here is a screenshot from said convo 40AC8AB4-F16C-40B1-8F0F-811EA30E0728.thumb.png.bac67c23b9b4a68936cf93f3dbd3bcee.png

Oh man, that’s unfair to say the least. Seems like a very new thing, maybe to do with Easter crowds? I have no idea as I have never travelled up to Aussie World. For a second there, I thought it was Adventure World being atrocious again since they introduced weight restrictions on all rides. 

If this really is the deal for Aussie World, I hope it gets removed asap. Like you said, it is false advertising if they claim “unlimited rides”. I have no idea why Australian theme parks have a knack for making it harder to ride things, and we already are on the lower end of the world in terms of available attractions. It’s just insult to injury really.

• Like 1

Its interesting, I remember being there on a somewhat moderate day and you would be maybe 2 rides away from front of the que, but operations were PAINFULLY slow, its almost like they are purposely trying to slow your day down. What should be a 10minute wait is all of a sudden 40-60minutes. Aussie World is forgetting itself it doesn't have major draw-cards like the bigger parks so their selling point is unlimited family fun and they are not really honouring that with crap like this. 

3 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

I’ve got through the website and there is nothing about limits on riding a certain ride multiple times with in a hr. If this is actually true it’s definitely something that should of been advertised especially when it says unlimited fun when buying tickets.

Yes this is exactly my issue with it. 

As @Slicksuggested I think its important to take this with a grain of salt until we have official confirmation of this. I will update if I hear back from Aussie World. It is extremely disappointing and deceptive if this is actually the case 

Ok it took a bit of fishing to get Aussie World to answer the question directly but here is the official answer from Aussie World when asked are Aussie Word restricting consecutive rides in a certain time frame. 

“Hi Joe
Sorry thr delay with my reply. I believe the discussion was with the SX360 ride where our operators request customers to have a 10-15 minute gap after 2 consecutive rides back to back. This is for health and safety reasons with the G force to ensure blood circulation flows. Hope this helps”

“The only ride is the SX360 where this rule will be enforced. If a customer is unruly or breach safety regulations  then they will be denied that particular ride”

So yes, Aussie World are denying this operation. Its possible that some of the operations misunderstood the directive for SX360 and extended it to other rides. Or the patron was particularly annoyed about not getting to lap SX360 and exaggerated the complaint. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yep. Pretty reasonable safety restriction, especially being as far as they are from medical services in the event that something goes badly wrong. The forces on that thing look pretty intense.

Oh absolutely its really a non issue. The complaint was however that people were ‘claiming’ that Aussie World was extending this restriction to all rides, which AW have since denied. 

It seems Aussie World have taken a very direct approach in their new marketing to make an advertised ‘unlimited rides’ stance clear. I think this on top of the response I got is enough to suggest that the customer complaints were largely exaggerated or it was a couple of isolated incidents by casual staff members who didn’t understand the directive. I hate to suggest this but its also possible that a particular ride operator was on a bit of a power trip that day. Either way I plan on visiting AW soon to see for myself how operations are going on quieter times. 
5E0DA516-D6FF-4C93-80D8-AB96B42F81C3.thumb.png.55c566714ec05c860df244ab7ead7976.png

• Like 2

Unbelievable - Another Australian park going alone with bat shit stupid policies. 

Rides that pull way more G's (I305, Mission Space (sustained G force), Shockwave, Tatsu and Vertigo) don't have any limits. Your body is back to normal immediately after the G force is removed. 

I really hope it was just a over-controlling op. 

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Unbelievable - Another Australian park going alone with bat shit stupid policies. 

Rides that pull way more G's (I305, Mission Space (sustained G force), Shockwave, Tatsu and Vertigo) don't have any limits. Your body is back to normal immediately after the G force is removed. 

I really hope it was just a over-controlling op. 

I can confirm that they do restrict consecutive rides on SX360, but its only if there is no que they ask you to go away for half hour then come back again. 

19 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

Does anyone knows the costs of the rides?

1D88AB40-5851-44FC-9B0F-F9F0330DA215.thumb.png.aa17c3c961582e94a20f1f9e0d224cd5.png

This is all that they have said, my guess is it will be similar to Luna Park prices which is $11.50 per ride per adult, hopefully they tier the prices and this is the upper end. It will definitely be better value to buy an unlimited pass but its good for those parents and grandparents that might only want to ride one ride.