sea world - a few thoughts

bjkaus

yesterday i went to sea world for the 1st time in about 8 years so it was pretty much all brand new. here are a few thoughts seaworld is a good familly park. not one to go to for much thrills. some of the shows are great, but some get too preachy. i liked planet SOS 4d film, but shark bay was a bit preachy. Rides: Corkscrew: great ride by Arrow - Huss. it's really showing it's age now however and shakes alot. if i hace one complaint is that it's too small in length. Monorail: i only ever saw this full once. addmittily i pretty much only rode it from main station to mid station. still a nice smooth ride. Skyway: the pod syatem is alot slower than the chair syatem at dreamworld. i'm also guessing capacity is also less. however it's a nice way of getting to the rides area of the park Vikings revenge: good fun ride. proof you down't need SFX and other crap for a ride to be good. Bermuda triangle: Flashy. very flashy. not much in terms of thrills. however it's enjoyable. it's re-rideability however is something i'm not sure about. Pirate ship: this ride is one of the best in the park for thrills. it was great. nice and enjoyable. so yeah a quick round up of my SW day. i did notice 2 boats from bermuda triange and 1 vikings revenge one both off to the side on the left of the vikings revenge in the area between the revenge "track" and the corkscrew with covers on them.

bjkaus - thanks for the review. But I have to say I have no idea how you can say the pirate ship is one of the best rides in the park. It is a very basic 1970's flat with about a million clones all over the world. One day I'm going to set up a small park with a bunch of the cheapest portable rides I can find and no theming. The place will be a hit. Stuff spending millions on state of the art rides with detailed theming

i did notice 2 boats from bermuda triange and 1 vikings revenge one both off to the side on the left of the vikings revenge in the area between the revenge "track" and the corkscrew with covers on them.
Nothing out of the ordinary here. There's always some boats being worked on, except for when there's big crowds expected. Same with every ride at the park. Currently one of the monorails is in a million peices and is having all new computer systems installed. Just like to throw an opinion into the ring as well: Pirate Ship is very re-rideable so long as your into that sort of thing. Almost never a queue, and you don't have to walk too far. Also, in terms of how it compares to other thrill rides at Seaworld, think about this, there is only one other "Thrill" ride at Seaworld. Of course its going to be one of the best. Its like saying "Dreamworld's Train is one of the best transportation rides in the park". Goboi: Now I know who you are, didn't you help design Paradise Peir at DCA?