Wipeout

Inverted

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would've been the 4th round of people through and it had already broke down again. They must be having some serious problems with that ride!
After every annual maintenance at Wonderland the same thing would happen. It didn't matter if it was a bit ride or a small ride. The main reason is that when you mess around with electronics or anything mechanical it was a nasty habit of taking a while to get back to the way it was. I found that a ride would run fine during tests, which they would do dozens of, but as soon as it was put back under normal conditions things start happening. I don't see any reason for Dreamworld to get rid of a popular ride in the near future. "The Bus is now leaving for Buggins Flat, Victoria"

The Wipeout is indeed sounding pretty sick lately. I've been there twice recently, the 18th of October, and 25 November. On the 18th it was raining and the ride was on and off all day, nothing unusual.. except the ride seemed to be very "bland" i.e no really quick flips or unusual turns, It sounded really screechy, worse than usual. On the 25th it was closed for annual maintenance *cries* the water was drained, seats were off and it was pretty much in a zillion pieces all day. Earlier in the year, (7th July) Wipeout was working exceedingly well, it even did the little twists at the top, I went on it twice with no problems. I seriously hope they do not remove it :( It is my favourite ride there, and it always draws in the crowds, even with the Claw close to it.

For the last time, they're not going to remove it. Lke you said, you enjoy it, and why would they remove a much loved ride? Please everyone, read the post fully next time. I think I'll post some more photos for some of you about the Wipeout and its maintenance. Oh, and that Tower Of Terror photo is kewl too. :D

The first photo where the pool has been painted was taken on the 1st of December (last Wednesday). The second photo was taken on the 25 of October. They have been working on the WipeOut for well over a month. I think it's safe to say that when it opens back up, it'll be really nice. New paint, and no more life endangering noises.

The first photo where the pool has been painted was taken on the 1st of December (last Wednesday). The second photo was taken on the 25 of October. They have been working on the WipeOut for well over a month. I think it's safe to say that when it opens back up, it'll be really nice. New paint, and no more life endangering noises.
Hopefully they'll clean up the back of the headrests.. there is hair stuck in the foam! Eeew! And yes, I did read the post fully. I know they won't get rid of the Wipeout anytime soon.. however one day when it's removed, it will be a very sad day for the fans of the Wipeout.

Now hold is Disneyland at Anaheim? I don't think that works as an excuse really.
Slick i dont think thats a fair comment. How many times has wipeout been pulled completely to bits and put back together again? I dont know of the maintenance cycles in dreamworld, but if its anything like wonderland, with the exception of big coasters, annual maintenance took at most 3 days per ride. Now take Disneyland. they have a swarm of imagineers, technicians etc to make it the best it can be. when i went to disneyland, matterhorn was closed for an entire month just for routine maintenance. these guys don't rush the rides through as quick as they can to get it back online, they close it, rip it apart and put it all back together again every single year. so tell me again - the last time wipeout was ripped to bits? A rides age is only as apparent as the lack of work done on it. If dreamworld operated on a seasonal basis, then in the off season, they could rip every ride apart, oil it, grease it, fix everything, and put it back together. they can't do that on a 364 day a year trade. but the problem is simply that if dreamworld shuts down one ride, a high percentage of their guests is going to be disappointed, not to mention the pressure put on their capacity. if Disneyland shuts a ride, sure you're disappointed, but there's absolutely no pressure on capacity, compared to if they had the ride open that day. its just something that W.E.Disney knew about, and unfortunately, the designers of dreamworld did not.

I dont know of the maintenance cycles in dreamworld, but if its anything like wonderland, with the exception of big coasters, annual maintenance took at most 3 days per ride.
Every 'annual' maintenance at Wonderland was at least a week. This went for even the smallest rides (Baby Bumpers). The ride would be completely stripped down and cleaned and checked, they would then leave it in bits for a few days while they did other things, then they would put it back together. 3 days, you must be kidding. "The Bus is now leaving for Strip Tank, NSW"

Considering the fact that Vekoma's headquarters are in the netherlands and Dreamworld's engineering team are more than capable, it would be a waste of money to get those "people" in to "attempt" to "fix" the ride.
well when there are major problems, of course the company needs to come out and work on the ride.....plus Im sure there are offices somewhere else. Like huss for example, if they are called out to one of the rides here, HUSS Asia take care of it.

Guest galbraith

Demon and Probe only took 2 days Bus. They just closed them for 6 weeks to piss off the whingers. :P Bus is right Alex. Everything was stripped to nothing basically. You're full of knowledge Alex...

I just hope they soften up those harneses when they come down;theyre painful!
just to let you know. i used to work at Dreamworld on Wipeout. When you feel the pain the harnesses it is often the ride op tightening the harnesses extra tight. Wipeout is designed to loosen up during the ride. I know i was taught to double lock the harness. Whatever you do, do not in any way hold the harnesses out, a kid did that one day when i was working. Harnesses got triple locked that day. everyone bitched but the kid could of fallen out. Btw when the wipeout pool is drained and the ride operating. Leaves some fun times to **** with the guests heads :D had one girl ask why the pool was drained. we had her thinking the harness she was in failed the day before and we had to clean out the blood.

There is only so much a theme park can do to a ride in terms of modifications. Wonderland wanted to add a minor modification to the train but was told by Vekoma that if they did any warranty or support provided by them would cease. It is so much fun scaring kids and adults when operating rides. Adults were the best to scare because you would do something, like pull a bolt out of your pocket and pretend that it was off the ride but start it anyway, and the adults wouldn't know if you were serious or not and it would totally freak them out. I would ask Daniel or Galbraith to comment but they both seem to have disappeared. "The Bus is now leaving for Mod Well, Western Australia"