Thunderbolt

Jupster

Okay, this is a thread about the Thunderbolt rollercoaster... as you can see. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this ride? I personally loved it, it wasn't all that exciting, but it was a cool ride to go on. One time when I went we went on it like 7 times in a row without having to line up. I think it was a cool ride, great with the double loops. What did everyone else think of this ride? - Jupster

I think it was a classic, maybe if it didn't have the catwalk wasn't on the whole track and if was maintained a little more than it was it would've lasted longer. Another thing is that alot of people think it is rough, and rough it was, but when you compare it to the Cyclone at the moment it is really smooth. Comparisons aside though, nice coaster indeed, apart from neglected shattered windows, the overgrown gardens, but hey, those loops don't get much better.

Thunderbolt in its day really was an excellent ride. Very forceful, long and fast ride. Didn't have many up and downs, and had allot of straight track, but was still very fun. Sadly it got a bit neglected, and the ride became rough and uncomfortable. It probably could have gone a year or two earlier and no one would have made much noise about out.

I'm sure Thunderbolt was considered a good ride in its day...But I think we've all got to admit that that day has passed. I never liked the ride. Personally, the pacing wasn't that great and the ride became plain boring after the loops. There was little, if any, air-time and any elements it had after the loops were tame at best. While it was historic in a sense - and I will always remember it fondly for that - it had its moment and it was time for Thunderbolt to go.

3 Words: Rough As Guts! :) Not a very smooth ride, but good none the less. It had that little bit extra which Cyclone doesnt have. My personal fav. was the banked drop at the start! Love Banked Drops or Corners! Transition areas between corners and straight areas could have been smoother. Lets all just hope they replace is with something thats worth the trip to Queensland... Screammachine

Indeed, like a god damn B&M (hint hint) I hated the Thunderbolt, I hated everything about it right down to the smelly harnesses. It was rough, pretty boring in comparison to the Cyclone, and was boring and white (I reckon they should change the colours of the Corkscrew at Seaworld but oh well). It also, as mentioned was screechy, and was rusty. It deserved to die. No offence to those that were fans of it.

Just reckon that something like a B&M flyer would go so well either on the island or at the old Thunderbolt site (preferably). Can you imagine how psyched guests would be how this new type of coaster puts you into a flying position? A lot of people really get wrapped about the Giant Drop or the Cyclone, but a flying coaster (not vekoma, and no, it will not be from vekoma), how tops would it be? To fit with the themeing I would call it, Thunerflyer! No, actually, some names like Tsunami, Whirlpool, Tornado, you know, something tacky to go with the natural disasters theme.