What would you like to see happen to the Bush Beast?

Wonderbuzz

This thread is not about trying to save Wonderland, or getting the Bush Beast up and running again, or keeping it where it is under heritage order. Let's say that all options have been exhausted, and it has to come down. Would a small piece of track (paper weight size or a wall ornament size) be of interest to any theme park fanatics? What about the all the timber? It's treated timber, so a big bonfire is out of the question. But it would make a great talking point to say that your pergola out the back was made from part of the biggest wooden roller coaster in Australia, don't you think?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush Beast is so old that I'm guessing that all the arsenic used to treat the timber will have seeped out of the wood completely so a bonfire wouldn't be out of the question. We could organise a trip and take some sausages and marshmallows to toast over the fire. Why would you want in at your place Doctor? One large gust of wind would blow it over and take out your house. "The Bus is now leaving for Arsenic Creek, NSW"

Bush Beast is so old that I'm guessing that all the arsenic used to treat the timber will have seeped out of the wood completely so a bonfire wouldn't be out of the question.  We could organise a trip and take some sausages and marshmallows to toast over the fire. Why would you want in at your place Doctor?  One large gust of wind would blow it over and take out your house.
You have some WILD imagination bus! Yeah Doc...why would you build that thing at ur place?? Do you want your house to be takin down by the rides?? LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Sorry I like these smilies! They're mad!

Why you ask? Ill answer that with another question WHY NOT? I know it was old and rough, but no visit to wonderland was complete without a ride on the beast. Was the first coaster i ever rode on and i love it as much today as i id the first time i saw it. I still remember as a kid driving down the highway and the first thing youd be able to see was the top of the first turnaround, and as you turned off into wallgrove rd and went past the first drop id be all eyes out the window of the car with the excitement building that we were about to spend the day at wonderland. Mum and dad of course getting annoyed at me by this stage as hyperactivity set in hehe... Of couse over the last few years and the many trips ive had down the M4 in my own car, there was not one time i drove past where i didnt feel excited and the urge to pull up the car jump the fence and go for a ride. What can i say? I am just a person that loves rides...i love to ride em and look at em...and come on guys seriously is there any better looking or more impressive ride to look at then some massive wooden rollercoaster. Sure the newer steelies look mad too, but the sheer size and look of the wooden ones is someting that no steel can replace. wouldnt you want to drive towards your house and see something like that rising up from your backyard.......i sure would!!

You have some WILD imagination bus!
Yeah you are probably right. The arsenic would still be in the wood and therefore would make anything cooked over it toxic to eat. If you don't believe me read this article about treated wood. There are a couple of related articles at the bottom of that article. "The Bus is now leaving for Lobethal Sewerage Treatment Works, South Australia"

Speaking of the rides, I was driving down the M4 the other day and didn't get to take a good look but was there a tarp or something similar placed over the top of the spaceprobe? I thought they may have started disassembling it... It's also sad that coming down the motorway the construction of the M7 interchange pretty much blocks out the view to the coaster...it's a shame to see it go!

Speaking of the rides, I was driving down the M4 the other day and didn't get to take a good look but was there a tarp or something similar placed over the top of the spaceprobe? I thought they may have started disassembling it... It's also sad that coming down the motorway the construction of the M7 interchange pretty much blocks out the view to the coaster...it's a shame to see it go!
Really?? You thought you saw that Mickazee??? What a shame! I thought that the whole wonderland closing thing was just a joke (even though I saw it on the new..I just couldn't believe it!) Man...now I know that they REALLY are closed and will never re-open! :(:(:(:( I just hope that Luna Park will try to be more like Wonderland (except without neglected rides) Wonderland was like the first theme park I've ever visited! The Space Probe was the first thrill ride I ever rode! :(:(:( STUPID SUNWAY!!! JUST BECAUSE WONDERLAND ISN'T SOME MALAYSIAN THEME PARK IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY HAVE TO NEGLECT THE RIDES AT WONDERLAND! (sorry no offence...I'm just heaps pissed off!) NOTE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE!!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!!!

Speaking of the rides, I was driving down the M4 the other day and didn't get to take a good look but was there a tarp or something similar placed over the top of the spaceprobe? I thought they may have started disassembling it...
The top of Space Probe has a dirty side and a clean side. I think that is what you saw. I drive past Wonderland at least 10 times a day, 5 days a week and have not seen a tarp on Probe. Pattie, Luna Park will never be like Wonderland for a couple of reasons. 1. They don't have enough space. 2. The residents are wingers. Luna Park will never be a theme park and will always be a fun park. Saying that look here. "The Bus is now leaving for Tarpaulin Creek, ACT"

What to do with the Bush Beast. Hell, why not sell off buts of timber to amusement junkies for a high price. And then sell the rest to normal people for a lower price. That way they can rip us off...
Why do you want some old run down amusment park to rip us off??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey Bus What on earth are you doing to be driving past WL that often? With the SP thing, I think everyone will find that what is dirty is the signage holding the NTG logo that has gone all ****ty and brown where as the pod itself is still clean...

If coaster crazee thought the Bush Beast was the best coaster EVER, I am surprised he's not in love with Luna Park's Wild Mouse or the mini train out the back. Like I've said before, some people are easily pleased
I sometimes get confused about all those coaster freaks that so heavily criticize the Bush Beast for being "rough". What do you want? a Millenium Train or something? It's a ROLLER COASTER. It's supposed to be ROUGH! It's supposed to feel like it's about to come off the track or somehow destroy itself and risk the life of all on board.. and yet somehow every time roll back into the station incident free. And as far as I am concerned BB fit that bill perfectly. Unlike many other coasters it was a "relaxing" ride that you could do again and again all day long. The rougher the coaster, the louder the screams. Who cares how fast it goes. If you want speed keep driving and turn off at Eastern Creek Raceway instead please. Woodie coasters are all about a feeling of being "out of control". Lets hear more of those cracking sounds and grinding steel in our (especially woodie) coasters. The rougher, the older.. the better! ZordMaker P.S. Still some interesting (unofficial) things coming out of Blacktown Council lately. It's going to be a long time before anything happens to that site.