The Giant Drop Refurbishment 2022

5 minutes ago, Gazza said:

"Servoz"

"BP Coomera Refurbishment 2022" Thread:

- "Preparations are underway at BP for the refurb of the petrol pumps. Machinery has started to arrive and they have poured an extra slab to assist with the works."

- "This is why plain white concrete has no place at a BP. Stencil it. colour it. Paint it. Do exposed aggregate wash. Or use bitumen... ugh."

- "Some snaps of BP today!"

Riveting. 😄

7 hours ago, New display name said:

My wife asked me to take her somewhere really really expensive for out first date.  So we enjoyed our first date under the lights of the Coomera BP servo.

Ridiculous false story!!!

we all know enthusiasts don’t get dates 😂😂

Not sure why they spent resources on developing a new logo for a refurbishment when the previous logo was far, far better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The glowing logo is a nice touch - might’ve made more sense to illuminate the engine room too given that it’s the thing you can see from furtherest away (maybe they’ll do both?) 

PS: Dreamworld Marketing team, the link doesn’t work. You're welcome. 

9E5B7C5B-3DCA-41C3-8B40-B5CB1BB98B32.png

C1CBDA85-D4BE-4AB9-80EA-18818DBFD78B.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

DA52936E-98D3-4234-8F5A-E32FBFDE9AA9.pngl

are they getting new gondola’s with similar restraints to Lex Luthor and Zumonjaro at SFGA, or is it just the way the illustrations are made?

overall i love the new modern look of it as well as how they’re redesigned the station. i think it’ll fit in very well with ST and will overall look much better then currently

14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Must be the week for flubbing the website.

29E4FE3B-732B-4AE3-AE6A-3765E8777143.thumb.jpeg.f5947022b038a9ef0a18dab6549f0eae.jpeg

what’s the point in a lighting package if they’re only lighting it up in the daytime?

I totally missed that, good catch. Considering the investment costs to make it work I think you'd just be better off painting the letters white and calling it a day. For 90% the visual impact and at 10% the cost, you could light it from the bottom of the tower with proper fixtures and probably be able to run the lights at night, too. 

Also, from all directions of the Gold Coast? It's on one side of the tower, there's at least 180 degrees of direction that isn't visible. 😆

14 minutes ago, themagician said:

Having those letter being lights allows for them to turn them on and change the colour for night events. I can imagine they would make them orange during Halloween for example.

Not if they're only allowed to run them from dawn to dusk. (Perhaps they meant from dusk to dawn aka night time?)

I don't like how the paintjob looks on the tower but it might look better when its done other than that I really like how it looks especially the new lighting and how much they are doing to the ride. the queue updates aren't something I was expecting but defiantly welcomed as long as they keep it dark and don't try to make the theme more light hearted. 

20 hours ago, MARK28 said:

Love every part of this but I really like the skull reflection in the oil droplet on the original logo compared to this pretty basic image. I thought they could just modernise it and it would still be consistent with the new look. 

Totally agree. Loved the original logo

53 minutes ago, Slick said:

Cheers. 🍻

What side do we think the new "DREAMWORLD" letters will go on the tower?

Well, they say it will be visible from all over the gold coast. Personally, I think the southern (former TOT track) side would be best as that faces more of the gold coast (and more of the park!) than any other side. This also means it can be maintained without needing to interfere with the ride systems.

Sure, it isn't directly facing the highway, but i'd hope the gold coast has learned that putting light installations facing the highway is fucking stupid (and you can still see it when you're northbound)

8 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Personally, I think the southern (former TOT track) side would be best as that faces more of the gold coast (and more of the park!) than any other side. This also means it can be maintained without needing to interfere with the ride systems.

Isn't the whole purpose to build awareness to folks driving by? And by popping it on the south-side of the tower, only 50% of their audience see it. (And in before anyone says "everyone driving by knows what Dreamworld is" - if that were the case then Apple, Samsung, Nike, Microsoft etc. etc. wouldn't spend a dollar on advertising.)