Moonlight Night Markets

Guest 239

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

Could they put it in Blue Lagoon and use the toilets and the slab from nightmares?

The Steel Taipan area does get close to the old Blue Lagoon area, so if they did end up doing this, they could possibly add a path connecting Taipan’s area to the markets and loop it back around towards the old LogRide Area, creating two access points within the park and an outside entrance point located next to Taipan’s Twisted Half-Pipe. 

Even as a proponent of 'ST shouldn't be a dead end', making it a loop with the market seems like a non starter to me. I'd also be very curious to know what state everything in Blue Lagoon is in. For my taste I think the old amphitheatre site is superior because of how close it is to the carpark, and the crowd that goes to these sorts of things is perfectly happy with demountable toilet blocks. Probably like it more than toilet blocks that are getting on for 40 years old. The path towards there from in park exists too, not that it would get much use but it is there.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Interesting. I guess trying to keep it separate from Dreamworld branding wise wasn't working too well.

It’s been incredibly successful. I think the name change is to reflect a greater level of partnership between the 2. We already know the wave swinger will operate at the markets, and the schnitzel outlet has been operating during it, as does the Lego store. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s been incredibly successful. I think the name change is to reflect a greater level of partnership between the 2. We already know the wave swinger will operate at the markets, and the schnitzel outlet has been operating during it, as does the Lego store. 

Yes, it has been successful. I meant from a branding perspective. I'm sure there were a few people who questioned why the market was being held at a closed theme park with seemingly no other relation. You go in and see more Dreamworld than Moonlight.

The new branding makes a lot more sense for sure. Also opens the possibility of opening other rides (Steel Taipan) during the market down the line which is exciting.

1 minute ago, joz said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Claw for $5/$10 makes a lot of sense

Not gonna lie, I recon we might see more things open flat ride wise post Dreamworld flyer as the tester. Small cheap to operate rides that are not headlining attractions just to earn some extra coin. 

Again the thing about Claw is it's quite popular generally, it's in exactly the right spot, and it isn't giving away your new hotness for very little. Also it gets people more used to going on rides at DW again. It's like 'OK, come to DW, don't even have to go on any rides if that's something you're worried about'. 'Oh you're here now, how about this old friend?'. Make it $20 for an all night pass so people go on a few times, you get some extra atmosphere in the place, you are doing something no other trendy market can do which may attract more people, and you're making money while doing some repair work to the reputation. Just seems so obvious to me. 

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

On 01/12/2022 at 8:15 PM, Ogre said:

Yes, it has been successful. I meant from a branding perspective. I'm sure there were a few people who questioned why the market was being held at a closed theme park with seemingly no other relation. You go in and see more Dreamworld than Moonlight.

I think the main reason to have the separated branding from launch is if it wasnt successful, or if they decided not to continue it it wasn't "Dreamworld's" markets that failed.

Now its successful, integrate it into the banner...?

On 01/12/2022 at 8:31 PM, joz said:

Again the thing about Claw is it's quite popular generally, it's in exactly the right spot, and it isn't giving away your new hotness for very little. 

Agree, claw is a no brainer at this stage if they're going to run rides, but the wave swinger has to open too. You can't have that sit in the middle of the markets and not open it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the night markets yesterday, which hadn’t been to in a couple of months. Since when did they become so popular? I went within the first few weeks of them launching, then a month or so after that and both those times they weren’t super busy. But last night, there must’ve been a couple thousand people there. It was so insanely busy and I haven’t been in DW when it’s that busy in years. In the lead up to Christmas and they had a jetpack show on, which would’ve drawn more people in, but for those who have been recently, has it been that crazy busy?

• 3 months later...

The old Wipeout Kiosk has been removed

6279841A-A51D-4060-871C-15E433C78742.thumb.jpeg.282b8d1bddcd8107812bcf74581a603b.jpeg

This has allowed for more room for food trucks during the night markets. A DJ is performing in Kickback Cove. And Game Site is open too.

Expanding the markets into Ocean Parade because they are getting very popular, so this provides more room for guests and trucks. But it will also allow them to test out using the area, when the area around the fountain becomes inaccessible when they start constructing the Dreamworld Flyer 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...