Adventure World New Ride DA application - 2022

Tim Dasco

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2022 at 7:27 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Adventure World has submitted a Development Application - Public Amusement - New Amusement Ride, Relocation of Existing Rides and Site works. Interesting to note it says relocation of Existing Rides and glad to see a New Amusement Ride is coming. Interesting to see what this becomes.  

1452605043_ScreenShot2022-05-19at7_05_03pm.thumb.png.853a41c8ce7b8008720decb72c41d0f8.png

Interesting...The only ride i can realistically see being moved is the drop tower? Very low ridership and just kind of sits there not doing much, could be better suited in the middle of the park if they finally decide to level the old castle instead of keeping it hidden behind scrub. Would also free up leftover turbo mountain space for future development.

On 20/05/2022 at 9:05 AM, jddc7 said:

My money is on a waterslide next to Kraken. But good to see

Seems likely. If you look at aerial photographs, the path up the hill is obviously designed with an extra slide in mind. However, the design of Kraken doesn't leave much room for said slide - hopping off you'd be quite a distance from anything. It would also appear krakens exit pool was only deisgned for the one slide.

6 hours ago, Aw hype said:

It would also appear krakens exit pool was only deisgned for the one slide.

Not true at all, you can easily utilise the existing conveyer all you need to do is widen the splash down pool.

This won’t be a new water slide as something that big would have had earth works started by now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems you are correct.

On 20/10/2022 at 5:38 AM, Gazza said:

Do they have magic bikes yet?

That's my first guess 

It looks like a set of magic bikes has arrived. Theming so far looks good will be interesting to see how the area comes together. There is still so much land left down on the lower lot. As the DA say a ride will be relocated IMHO I recon we will see little leaper relocated to this spot as its kinda in the walkway to the new section.

1512491805_ScreenShot2022-10-21at9_40_43pm.thumb.png.1d89f0d68a9bb1125a7c205c4d6ef38c.png

1983382909_ScreenShot2022-10-21at9_40_53pm.thumb.png.b6ec5d475e16d5ff559ccc547e4875f3.png

18424809_ScreenShot2022-10-21at9_40_33pm.thumb.png.794afe94e6be9721ab70e53c1ec3ea55.png

IMG_0616.thumb.JPG.47fa98d66314c6678d7f973b50aebf7a.JPG

Yarrli barrel spin also had work done, the roof was added a few years ago but the area has new fencing, new queue layout, new floor etc.308444971_3479595925604593_8922810931335436761_n.thumb.jpg.7cadc36e66cee518c2fc68c74701206a.jpg

See picture from open year (Credit AW)

DSC00713.thumb.jpg.063d2e5e1d6e079f673a3334613cb461.jpg

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0604.HEIC

Edited by Tim Dasco

On 28/10/2022 at 11:10 PM, Tim Dasco said:

306713779_940552533584471_5134409024087694762_n.thumb.jpg.b11ccf0790654654750c41cd3a87ab3b.jpg

Update from today, seems more work has happened and ride is now undergoing testing. Shade structure for the queue race also progressing. 

Great job Tim!! Thanks for keeping us informed!! A greta addition to the park's lineup!! Hopefully Adventure World is in line for a major new attraction soon as well!!

• 5 months later...
Just now, jddc7 said:

Just seen on Facebook that The Rampage is closing end of this season. End of an era

Lol was making new topic bout it when you commented this. Adventure World hasn’t gotten an adult ride since Goliath in 2017, and Abyss was announced 10 years ago this month, the being their most recent coaster. I have a feeling a major ride is coming soon ngl

9 minutes ago, jddc7 said:

Just seen on Facebook that The Rampage is closing end of this season. End of an era

Wow this hurts. This ride had an intensity factor to it that neither Vortex or Wipeout have.

There’s quite a few of these rides they built in the early 2000’s that are running out of time. Surely the power surge or the drop tower doesn’t have much time left either?

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ogre said:

That's a shame. Looked like a fun ride! Maybe I need to fast track a trip to Perth

Sadly I don’t think I’ll be able to meanwhile. I haven’t been there yet so I guess the date I will ride it is never.

I will say, i hope the drop tower is next, i mean the new Marvin the Martian ride at Movie World looks more intense and fun then that looks.

an RMC Raptor, a new Intamin drop tower and a Gravity Group family woodie along with a new flat ride to replace rampage would do great things for this park.

Edited by Rivals

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

an RMC Raptor, a new Intamin drop tower and a Gravity Group family woodie along with a new flat ride to replace rampage would do great things for this park.

An RMC raptor would be great, put them on the map for enthusiasts for sure!

I feel like AW’s next coaster will hopefully be a family-thrill ride, as at the moment they got Abyss which is fairly intense, and their only other coaster is a kiddy one. Something like a Gerstlauer Boblsed or maybe a Family Spinner could be good fit for the park

• Like 1

Oh no!! rampage looked kinda rad I really wanted to ride it. The theming for it look sick too!!  It is one of the best looking flat rides in Australia now with wipeout gone.

as for a replacement I think a Gravity Group family woodie would be awesome there. Something like Oscar’s wacky taxi or if they wanted something really unique go a ZDT switchback style ride.    

if they wanted more of a thrill coaster a Fonox style vekoma would be so sick there.   Do they still make Top Scan rides? If they replaced it with a flat ride I hope it’s a top scan.

as for the drop tower replace that with a equally as high Larson Arm drop tower. Apparently they are one of the best drop towers in the world.

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1