TOT and GD questions

Gazza

I have got some questions about GD and TOT What did TOT cost? What did GD cost? What is the lenght of the launch not incuding the station or the slope to vertical? What is the radius of the slope to vertical? What is the length of the station? How fast are you launched from the station? How strong are the acceleration Gs on the launch? How long is the extra track at the back of the station? If anyone can provide this data it would be great.

By length of the station, can you be more specific? I would consider the "station" to be the parked position of the TOT car, or in other words, the length of the car. Therefore I would consider the section of track behind the station to begin at the back of the car, and end at, well, the end. Am I making sense. This is like a Government department... you must ask the exact question to receive the answer you wish to hear. I could ask Bob for answers to the other questions you ask, but why would I go and do that?

Okay, let's check up: -TOT was $16 mil. and GD was $12 million if it was a stand-alone free fall tower. -Guessing from my 98 rides this year on the TOT, the launch is about about two G's and propels to 100k/ph by the time you leave the station. Just letting you know that the maximum speed of the TOT is 160k/ph and that it currently goes about 154-156k/ph. Also, you may not realise it, about one k/ph or so can make all the difference especially on coasters like dragster. -The e-brake section of the track (that's the track behind the station) is approx. 15 metres or so, and the station is about 6-7 metres but these are only approximately, I can actually find some real numbers from Bob because he's so kewl. :D -The the height of the slope is approximately 15 metres high (from logic that is, drop height 100 metres and height 115 metres) but in order for that to work, you'd expirience about 6-7 G's, but that's just No-limits though, which remids me, 1.5 is now out and it's great, nolimitscoaster.de , go there. :rolleyes: Anymore info is found at dreamworld.com.au or even here.

Cool, thanks, I needed that info for a TOT recreation in NL, but since you have more experience with the ride you will probably end up making a better one. As for TOT costing $16 million, well, for just $2 million dollars more you could get a floorless the size of hydra (7 inversions), which would have a ride duration 6 times as long as the TOT and a total train capacity four times more than TOT.