Steel Taipan operating 4 hours on weekdays

Brad2912

Somebody from Dreamworld must browse these forums because they've already updated the notice. 

image.png.8787cbbf75bbd37e946745ffc34d2ca4.pngimage.thumb.png.2ab840d87898bc3a7a3f610e59cb11f2.png

Weekdays during the off-peak have always been the wild west of theme parks. The ride barely had a line during the peak of the school holidays. I can't imagine anybody not being able to get more than enough of their fill from 4 hours of operation.

Edited by Dom

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

you’re saying one park is bad for having rides closed when they all have a large amount of rides closed? so it’s going to be brought up whether it’s the topic or not

I'm saying we have already beat MW to death over this issue and now we are talking about DW's issue.

33 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I knew this would be raised. I remember it fondly waiting for the 11am rope drop in that wooden “tunnel”. The difference there was you had other high profile rides open - you could ride Demon, Space Probe, Bounty etc. 

If some or even one of the other coasters in the park was open, then maybe I wouldn’t view it as such an issue, but coasters are a parks bread and butter, to have none operation - and it be planned to be that way - I don’t think is good enough. If you plan for one or two to be open and by chance have breakdowns etc, that’s another thing. 

In the wonderland example, only Demon is the exception (especially towards the end) as Probe and Bounty are both 'flat' thrill rides - and you can sub them out for Claw, Shockwave, Tailspin etc. Agree having no coasters is a bit poor, but again, it's for 90 minutes - only a bit longer than the Goldrush wait time on a day when Demon was down for maintenance. It's not like it's closed all day for no apparent reason - they're still opening it when they could have easily said 'impacted by Giant Drop Maintenance - closed weekdays until X.

10 minutes ago, Dom said:

Somebody from Dreamworld must browse these forums because they've already updated the notice. 

image.png.8787cbbf75bbd37e946745ffc34d2ca4.pngimage.thumb.png.2ab840d87898bc3a7a3f610e59cb11f2.png

Weekdays during the off-peak have always been the wild west of theme parks. The ride barely had a line during the peak of the school holidays. I can't imagine anybody not being able to get more than enough of their fill from 4 hours of operation.

I'll give them one thing - that's responsive to feedback. 

"Someone made a suggestion about how we could better communicate our circumstances to the guest so that they can understand why we're doing a thing that inconveniences them!"

DW: "Let's fix that".

Other operators: "crickets for 3 days"
image.thumb.png.b3b71e4db138e23a1d7f476016860030.png

23 minutes ago, Dom said:

Are you suggesting if you go to DW to ride coasters, turn up after lunch because no other coaster are open?

Edited by New display name

23 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

If that’s the case then reference it. Don’t make it look like you’ve just reduced hours as a cost cutting measure. Say “due to works on the DW Tower, ST will temporarily be open from 12-4 weekdays”.

8601355D-3E61-481F-9C40-7671BC9EF34D.png

Well credit where it’s due, that’s great to see (whether it was due to someone seeing it here or elsewhere) 

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

Maybe people from DW management have been personally burnt from some people here.

Are you suggesting that you know that Richard's editorials have personally burnt Dreamworld's current leadership? News to me if so. The alternative is that you're assuming Dreamworld's management aren't tech-savvy enough to distinguish Parkz from the forums' members, which is akin to thinking that Facebook's members represent Facebook the company (which is pretty mental).

1 hour ago, New display name said:

DW management might think we personally attack them.   It wasn't that long ago that it was common practise for us to use names.

Apologies mate, made some additions to my post while you were writing that post.

To be fair, they're a publicly listed company with a leadership board well known to their most fanatic customers so it wouldn’t be unusual to use names within certain contexts.

Speaking in broad strokes, leadership (specifically C-suite) have legal responsibilities here in Australia to ensure stakeholder interests are upheld. To that end, furthering my Facebook analogy from above, i'd be posting the same thoughts about a marketing company that refused to put ads on Facebook because a leader got their knickers in a knot over a negative post on Facebook.

In any case - I think it's fair to talk about any theme park that reduces their hours of their flagship ride in its first year of operation.

14 hours ago, Slick said:

Why?

Reading your later replies, I now understand that you're referring to "Parkz" the Entity, and not "Parkz" the community - which is where my comments were directed. I clearly misinterpreted which 'Parkz' you think Dreamworld can't live with\without.

To respond to that, Dreamworld most assuredly can live without Parkz (the Entity). Like minded fans would gather and share opinions in whatever outlet there happened to be - and while Parkz happens to be the longest running and most comprehensive one around, I think its foolish (and quite egotistical) to think that Dreamworld somehow 'needs' Parkz (the Entity) to survive.

To explain my intent (which, again, was directed at Parkz the community) - Because I think its very important that Park operators listen to their most fervent fans, especially when they are pointing out things that they could be doing much better for essentially no cost at all, but at the same time, they shouldn't be kow-towing and crawling up their asses (I'm looking at you Disney APs of the early 2000's) because it generates entitlement amongst the community and the park is so busy pleasing the superfans that the general guests get left behind.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, New display name said:

Maybe people from DW management have been personally burnt from some people here.

WTAF when has that even remotely happened??

I know of former staff being burnt by members of this forum and current management but I’m sorry no DW management have been ‘burnt’ by parkz. 

Back on Topic. 
FWIW my family always thought it was cheap poor form of Wonderland to open Goldrush late given you could walk there in about 5mins from the entrance. 
Likewise we felt the same about DW opening rapids late so no bias. 

Whenever you run a ‘unlimited bla bla bla for one entry price’ attraction and then have parts of it closed during the posted opening hours guests will be upset. Just as with Wet n Wild cycling sides. 

Its stupid that a much overdue GD refurb happened so close to ST opening but current management can hardly be faulted for that. They inherited the problem. They really have a no win situation on this one. 

Waiting until a major new area/attraction opens to remove a monorail however… 🤔 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It depends on the works they're doing. If a crane is involved to lift out TOT track, or something else (like the cable winches we've seen recently) they might be too close to Taipan's envelope. Heavy vehicle accesses are all on the Taipan side, not the Motocoaster side.

FYI, Dreamworld’s site has changed after @Retardentmade their post. 

This morning 

F268E950-C0B2-441E-877C-D747B2C5D4A4.thumb.jpeg.de18c11a16f6face4e60a1bec0f3f8b9.jpeg

This arvo

C8B63096-874A-4967-B3FD-A19D78C888AC.thumb.jpeg.80c6fe863f433dc198b17f276bd6a904.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...