Learnings from Europe

12 hours ago, Rivals said:

the main issue i see happening would be if a turnstile breaks, the entire ride will have to close as they won’t be able to let anyone into the station.

Please. 

Ok another idea from Tivoli is particularly for rivals and taipan. 

Pay for the upgrade to the back car at the station! All it needs is a lil terminal thing as pictured (the technology has already been made guys!)

This turns the painstaking process of deciding you want to do it - walking back to the relevant ticket office, lining up for that, paying for that - receiving a (pointless) wristband, walking back to the ride then doing the ride….. into just double tapping your watch / phone - scanning then ride.

Theme parks thrive of spontaneous purchases - they’d make a killing. Also instant repeat rides!   

Really looking forward to someone disputing this one. 

EA3A768B-BCFC-4206-AAEF-63481B315F16.jpeg

Edited by Dean Barnett
  • Like 1

This is genuinely a good suggestion. I'd support this going in provided they had robust connectivity and a fallback option if the eftpos unit goes down. 

This also removes operators from performing the role of ticket taker and lets them focus on the actual task of grouping and loading. Some modifications required to avoid abuse and fraud but overall I see this as a winner.

On 18/06/2022 at 8:14 PM, Dean Barnett said:

Really looking forward to someone disputing this one.

Nobody is picking on you. When you make good suggestions we'll recognise that and back it 100%. Just because you've seen something work elsewhere, it doesn't mean it will work here. Disney had to re-do all their beautiful gardens in Shanghai after parents let their kids piss and shit in the gardens instead of using the toilet. 

The self-deprecating 'everyone hates everything I say' whinge is old. it's been done before. and the woe is me attitude won't get you any sympathy. On this occasion, you were on the money, IMO.

• Love it! 2

Once again, agree with @DaptoFunlandGuy. This one is great as the staff who hand out the wrist bands are literally just causing a waste of time and slow down other services they (could) provide. The fallback is obviously going back to wristbands.

If you tie it into the ride systems to get number of cycles/hour (or 30min) they could also have the wait times on the machine for those specific seats (lets be honest, normally max 5min) and auto lockout if the  already purchased riders extends past the parks opening hours.

• 4 weeks later...