How are the crowds going these holidays?

GoGoBoy

For those of you that have visited DW over the last couple of days, I'm interested to know how busy it has been. How long are the waits for the rides? Do you think The Claw has made a big difference so far to attendance levels? Being a public holiday today I assume it would have been fairly packed

Crowds sucked butt. I don't think that people paying $60 want to wait for 5 second's worth of freefall on the Giant Drop for 3 hours because one side is malfunctioning and the other has only six seats working. Tower Of Terror - I'm sorry but I've lost all respect for the Tower now. It used to be my favorite coaster, and 98 rides this year certainly defines that, but now, it is just so delapadated when it comes to themeing, and I don't want so stand in a old, smelly tunnel while they attend to reseting the computers due to an e-brake for half an hour. Cyclone - moving along..... WipeOut - I am probably also the Wipeout's biggest fan, but now, with all the bad noises that it makes, I would most probably never go on it for a long while. Am I missing something? All Dreamworld's rides are either not working or falling apart.... or hurt something terrible.... Why?

Slick - you're not answering the question I asked. And you're the best person to give this info. How have the crowds been since The Claw opened and throughout the holidays? Walking around the park - is it packed? You would be able to give a good comparison/judgement because you have been at DW for most of the holiday periods recently

I went to Dreamworld last Saturday - the crowds are still there - although I managed to get on the Claw on its second ride of the day. It is a totally awesome ride. Walking around the park was pretty comfortable however the ride lines seem to be getting longer everytime I go. I noticed that on a lot of the rides they have added extra queing areas. Also there was still only one side of the Giant Drop working My season pass expires in November. thinking seriously about not getting another.

Like I said before, even Saturday sucked butt. Moving around the park is fine, but queues for Giant Drop, WipeOut and Cyclone just keep getting worse each weekend. And that's in comparison that earlier this year I could do 30 or so rides on the Giant Drop up until lunch, whereas now the queue goes right back into that bay (big brown thing) and fills that right up too. Not happy at all. Tower Of Terror had died down though only because we had some of the greatest "stealth" ride-ops running the tower and plus all queue times have been divided to the ocean parade area. Wipeout now has the same queue line time as during the holidays, and this is definite, because when you go as many times as I do, you get a sense of which parts of the queue mark the differences of whether or not you go on this ride or the ride after. Cyclone is just pointless to complain about, it has poor waiting times all the time, even when the GD queue line is empty the Cyclone's wait remains to be more than half an hour when the park is empty. Now the claw is just laughable, there were at least five breakdowns during last Saturday, two of which i was on, which required us to be locked in for another five minutes or so after the ride ended. Wasn't exactly that fun for having to wait extra, but I must say that even when the queue line is full for the claw, it can chew up the time you wait very well. Some great effiecency thanks to the designers of the ride layout and design. But that's enough rambling on at this site, make sure you sign your name up for a day out with the members from this board at Dreamworld to ride the claw!

I usually go to dreamworld around June/July. Because im from NSW i find it better when QLD are on holidays, because u dont get all the tourists from NSW up there. last year when i went in the off season, the line for cyclone was atleast a 45 minute wait, giant drop i went on twice in about 20 mins, ToT was about a 30 minute wait and wipeout was about a 10 minute wait. for some reason the thunder river rapids was the longest wait at an hour.

Well on Friday the Queues for Dreamworld were so good Claw was about a 10 min wait and Mine ride was a walk on as well as Runaway reptar, Giant Drop, Log Ride, Thuner River Rapids and even Cyclone was a walk on the wipeout was a half hour wait and the noises the ride was making was horrible and get this Angry Beavers Spooty spin was a 15 min wait! In the Slime Bowl in Nick Central i had 15 litres of Slime Poured on my head Full Reveiws of the parks coming soon.

Okay, sounds like a good idea. Seroiusly though, Dreamworld needs to really do something about their management of rides. Some of the GP are starting to notice, and when that starts happening there's gotta be a resolution before profit starts going down because hey, does anyone here like to stand in a three-storey spiraling queue-line with no entertainment apart from some tiny lcd screens? I think not.