What Will Replace Reef Discovery

adjack

Just looked at the latest news section of SeaWorlds site and noticed that as of Sunday 10 October the Reef Discovery area will be closed to make way for a new attraction. Obviously they will still use this area as a large aquarium but what do you think it will be. I personally used to like the shark show but they no longer need that with Shark Bay. Does anyone have any ideas?

A new animal exhibit for Sea World? What a surprise. We all know the park is certainly lacking in these types of attractions. Sorry for the sarcasm. But at this rate Sea World may have to look at changing their title from 'theme park' to 'zoo'
To my knowledge seaworld isnt classified as a them park. It is classified as a marine Education park. But dont quote me on that as i may be wrong Will u actually tell us if we guess it Joz???????? Im guessing the animals will have to be small as there isnt much space there to my knowledge but i havent been in awhile. *I have had a few thoughts, either a dugonong again seeing they are becoming so rare and fast seaworld may build a breeding program. *A turtle exhibit, but they already have turtles in the bird rehab part dont they! *Otters, every sea park seems to be getting otters these days. Next clue if these arent right please

Will u actually tell us if we guess it Joz???????? Im guessing the animals will have to be small as there isnt much space there to my knowledge but i havent been in awhile. *I have had a few thoughts, either a dugonong again seeing they are becoming so rare and fast seaworld may build a breeding program. *A turtle exhibit, but they already have turtles in the bird rehab part dont they! *Otters, every sea park seems to be getting otters these days. Next clue if these arent right please

*I have had a few thoughts, either a dugonong again seeing they are becoming so rare and fast seaworld may build a breeding program.   *A turtle exhibit, but they already have turtles in the bird rehab part dont they! *Otters, every sea park seems to be getting otters these days.
Your very close, but I don't think I can give it to you on that :) Another clue, the animal is already in the park.

I read a while ago that the seals were getting a new enclosure. I can't remember where it was going to be, or even if the article said where. I don't remember where I read it so I can't provide the article but it was in the last couple of months. "The Bus is now leaving for Sealers Corner, Heard and McDonald Islands"

I was going to say Dugong as well just because of what was said earlier. The only difference is that it won't be a breeding program straightaway. Is the Dugong young? Because they get up to about 400kg's, a long way from the 160 Joz said. "The Bus is now leaving for Dugong Inlet, Queensland"

Well done, the Dugong affectionately known as 'Pig' will be calling the old Reef Discovery building home. Pig was found stranded as a baby, weighing all of 19kgs, in November of 1998. He was released in mid march 2002, and cruised the open waters of Moreton Bay for 8 months, before being spotted, grossly underweight and sporting deep scratches all over his body. Since he has been back at Seaworld, his health has stabilised to the point where vets are cautiously optimistic about his future. Although he has now put on 30kgs since he's been back, he is still about 20kgs lighter then when he was first returned to the wild. Moving Pig into the Reef Discovery theatre and telling his story will hopefully help to raise public awareness of Dungons, and of their plight in the wild. It will also be of direct benefit to Pig, as the Reef Discovery pool is bigger then his current pool in the park, and will consist of a sandy bottom and more enriching textures. On the attraction side of things, the fake coral will be removed from the tank, and the bottom will be raised to be level with the bottom of the glass, so guests will be able to see him eating. The theatre will be gutted, and will have displays about Pig, with a strong conservation theme. All in all, it will be much better then Reef Discovery could ever hoped to have been.

First of all, what is a dugong? I have heard of it but don't know what it is. Whatever it is I have to say that 'Pig' is such a cute name. What was Reef Discovery and how long was it there for? It sounds good but obviously wasn't very popular. I remember a little theatre at the front of the park which had a big tank in it and gave a little automated show about old fashioned diving apparatus. Is this the same building which now houses Reef Discovery/soon to be Pig Discovery?