RCT3-D Reviews & Thoughts

screammachine

For some of those who are lucky enough to play the new RCT3-D Demo, what are your thoughts on the game? Has any of these thoughts crossed your mind??? >Whoa I'm running down to EB to pre-order this! >What you have to be joking???? This is utter crap!! >Mhe... >What's with the crap controls? Did the demo convince you to buy the game, or do otherwise??? You guys know what i'm getting at. I would just like to know what you guys think. Also let us know if you have pre-ordered the demo... I've already pre-ordered my copy. Well this is my story. After downloading the game for 2 days on dial-up. Just to discover it didnt install was enough for me to go crazy. I then went over to my mates house the next week to download it from his cable internet. Which was allot faster than two days of red eyes.... I liked the demo. Its got new controls but I got used to it pretty quickly. I've downloaded the time and landscape trainers. Its well worth the download. It gives you unlimited money and time. Its pretty good practice. Here are two of my fav. pics I took of my park.... Feel free to share Screammachine

Guest hasslekid

I though it was tacky and hard to control. Making footpaths is very hard when going on slopes etc. and it looks like Sim Theme Park 2. I l'll buy it when it comes with a Happy Meal at McDonalds, which is most likely going to happen soon.

Its been discussed on various other forums (Atari, RCT2 etc..) And by comparing RCT3 to Sim Coaster is like comparing speed Strawberries and Lemons. Their two completely different games. Sure you build a park and go on rides. But the gameplay, graphics, ride selection, scenary options, camera options etc... are completely opposite. And yes, Sim Coaster is utter crap!! Hello K-Mart sale $10. Bye, bye on Ebay 10 mins later $5.... Screammachine

well just take note that the Demo is not even a BETA test of the game, this demo was developed even before the game went to the shows, like E3. So the game now, has recently gone Gold, and is currently being manufactured, with all bugs fixed, and computer probs fixed. Funnily enough, I haven't had any problems with the game...

Hello All!! Today from Electronics Botique, I received my RCT3 Access all extras pass!!! For those of you who dont know.... When you pre-order the game off EB, you get 3 exclusive tracks designed from John Wardley (the guy who did Nemesis, Oblivion etc..) But wait, theres more.... :eek: ---->Plus $20 off initial price. ---->Plus, earlier release date. For EB customers the game will be in our little hands by the 28' Oct!! Screammachine

I just bought the game from www.direct2drive.com for $38.95USD. The download process was great, I got a stable speed of 600kb/s. The game itself is pretty good, everything flows well and looks fantastic. There is a however a Sim Theme Park'ish feel, particularly with certain rides. The braking is terrible, a block WILL completely stop the train (to a dead stop, no gradually slowing down here), even if the next block is not occupied. So far I'm just messing around in the Sandbox mode, I haven't tested all the rides out yet but I will say that the most impressive so far is the Tilt Coaster - the lifting mechanism is awesome. If anyone wants any more info just ask.

There are just a couple of rides that remind me of Sim Coaster/Theme Park - especially the laser tag game. There is a huge "laser shooter man" on top of the building spinning around shooting laser beams, just that kind of stuff that makes it corny. But other than that, RCT3 is a must buy. I paid $52 ($38.95USD) for it.

Having just played the full version, I rate it better than the demo, but still not really a game worth buying in my opinion. When I need my RCT fix once every six to nine months, I'll go back to RCT2, thanks. I still haven't come even close to trying everything out in the 20 minutes I've played for so far (I'll give the sandbox mode a shot when I next find myself with some spare time), so maybe my opinion will change as I get more used to the needlessly complicated user interface. At the end of the day, you're looking at a game that was developed for one and only one purpose - to get another lump of cash out of dedicated RCT fans. This isn't the sort of game that will be marketed heavily. It was a cheap and quick attempt to milk the RCT franchise for all it's worth. This becomes painfully obvious when you're restricted to all the same incredibly basic track angles and guages etc. as in the previous two titles.