More Rides At Sydneys Luna Park For School Holidays

Mrmoon427

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everything goes according to plan I'm sure you can rest assured that Luna Park will end up getting the Hard Rock and Mega Drop. But don't get too excited Bruiser - they'll only be there for the school holidays before being shipped away again
Sounds like a good start. Any room/potential for my favourite the Zipper? :P

there are many Zippers in oz, but Wittingslow's fantastic Zipper will be at Rye from Dec 26 to Jan 26, but i'm not sure if shorts, who are based in Sydney would run their Zipper Also I hope Johnsons bring Hard Rock to Moomba, since the owners are Victorian

well i admit it would be nice buy the ranger's weight is over 90 ton of steel,the roof on coney island couldent take it,it would have to be all cemented up and it would look rather stupid if you asked me.the ranger on top of coney island,i think some ppl have to much "free" time on there hands and not enough sensible time
I don't know where you got over 90 TONNES! it's actually 65....... this coming from HUSS.COM
yes the ufo cam from expo but it is the only park model ride we do have,trust me i would know cause i work the blody thing most of the time,and most of our rides are from expo anyway including some of your kids rides.
Those Huss rides came from Wittingslow who got them from EXPO :P get it right kid!

well i admit it would be nice buy the ranger's weight is over 90 ton of steel,the roof on coney island couldent take it,it would have to be all cemented up and it would look rather stupid if you asked me.the ranger on top of coney island,i think some ppl have to much "free" time on there hands and not enough sensible time
I don't know where you got over 90 TONNES! it's actually 65....... this coming from HUSS.COM

Exactly - and if the UFO came from Wittingslow (a travelling company) it is unlikely that it is a park model. I'm sure it is a portable model along with almost every other ride at LPS. Don't let its 10 year position on the same rooftop fool you... just because it doesn't travel anymore doesn't mean it didn't once

Ok so you are at least admitting that it was once a road model. I realise the ride is no longer being transported around but that doesn't change the fact that it was originally designed to be portable. The majority of the rides came from Wittingslow's travelling circuit. They are all now permanently based at LPS but they were never built for that purpose. They were built to travel. What kind of modifications were made to it? Like most of Luna Park's rides I'm pretty sure the thing still isn't bolted to the ground. If it were a park model it would have been designed to be properly connected to the ground, usually with the hydraulics and engine housed in some kind of concrete pit or structure

Ok so you are at least admitting that it was once a road model. I realise the ride is no longer being transported around but that doesn't change the fact that it was originally designed to be portable. The majority of the rides came from Wittingslow's travelling circuit. Since 1995 they have been permanently based at LPS but they were never built for that purpose. They were built to travel. What kind of modifications were made to it? Like most of Luna Park's rides I'm pretty sure the thing still isn't bolted to the ground. If it were a park model it would have been designed to be properly connected to the ground, usually with the hydraulics and engine housed in some kind of concrete pit or structure

When you stand on the platform you dont see much (this is a normal person).To use we see the arm and the motor.All this sits as you said in a pit untile the ride is luifted up into the air.It has not been bolted down and i dont know why apart from maybe it does weight enough that it wont move to much.Of cause it will move but maybe within safety limitations.Personally it is the best presented ride in the park.Most people dont even see the arm or the motor as a fact untile she is air born

Great picture Huss. Do you have anymore from expo? Is that the same Breakdance that is now at Luna Park (with lots of changes since then obviously). I am pretty sure that particular Breakdance is a road model. With the park models the platforms are flat and the turntable is actually built into the concrete. Therefore all of the mechanics and hydraulics are actually underground. The trailer models have that raised sloped platform as in the picture with the turntables on top. Mrmoon - I agree that the UFO is one of the best presented rides. The reason for this is that when they placed it in 1995 they made it fit in with the existing buildings and infrastructure well. That is why it is one of the more permanent 'looking' rides. You can see where they also welded sections of the steel platform together to make it more solid - even though it was probably once demountable. However if it was a true park model you probably wouldn't even see the motors when the ride lifts up as they would be well and truly concealed in the ground (and not above ground as they are now). In addition to this, the actual platform would more than likely be made of solid concrete. I have seen pictures on the net of park model Breakdancers and Enterprises which I will try and find to give an example

Great picture Huss. Do you have anymore from expo? Is that the same Breakdance that is now at Luna Park (with lots of changes since then obviously). I am pretty sure that particular Breakdance is a road model. With the park models the platforms are flat and the turntable is actually built into the concrete. Therefore all of the mechanics and hydraulics are actually underground. The trailer models have that raised sloped platform as in the picture with the turntables on top. Mrmoon - I agree that the UFO is one of the best presented rides. The reason for this is that when they placed it in 1995 they made it fit in with the existing buildings and infrastructure well. That is why it is one of the more permanent 'looking' rides. You can see where they also welded sections of the steel platform together to make it more solid - even though it was probably once demountable. However if it was a true park model you probably wouldn't even see the motors when the ride lifts up as they would be well and truly concealed in the ground (and not above ground as they are now). In addition to this, the actual platform would more than likely be made of solid concrete. I have seen pictures on the net of park model Breakdancers and Enterprises which I will try and find to give an example

No worries Mrmoon. Welcome to the forums by the way, think I forgot to mention that. Good to have another 'industry insider' here. I found some pics I want you guys to take a look at. They are park versions of the various rides at LPS (or at least very similar rides). One thing I will say is that there doesn't seem to be a major difference between park and road UFO/Enterprise models. Whereas with most other rides there is a significant difference between the two makes. I think the main difference with the UFO is that a park version should have a solid concrete platform with the ride essentially built into the ground. http://www.twoswords.co.uk/images/tpguide/zodiac4.JPG - shows the concrete platform of a park enterprise. This is what LPS's UFO would have if it was a true park model http://www.towersdiscovered.co.uk/100_1389.JPG - a pic of Alton Tower's permanent Enterprise. You can see how the platform and mechanics are actually built into the ground - as with any proper park flat ride http://www.altontowerspark.info/attraction...namo/img02.html - a pic of Alton Tower's park model Breakdance (Luna Park's Spider). You can see how the park version does not have the tilted platform and again the turntable and mechanics are built into the concrete ground These pics show how much better park models look rather than all of the demountable action going on over at Sydney's Luna Park. There are ways to disguise this (as they did sort of tried with UFO) but overall they have not made much of an attempt this year

No worries Mrmoon. Welcome to the forums by the way, think I forgot to mention that. Good to have another 'industry insider' here. I found some pics I want you guys to take a look at. They are park versions of the various rides at LPS (or at least very similar rides). One thing I will say is that there doesn't seem to be a major difference between park and road UFO/Enterprise models. Whereas with most other rides there is a significant difference between the two makes. I think the main difference with the UFO is that a park version should have a solid concrete platform with the ride essentially built into the ground. http://www.twoswords.co.uk/images/tpguide/zodiac4.JPG - shows the concrete platform of a park enterprise. This is what LPS's UFO would have if it was a true park model http://www.towersdiscovered.co.uk/100_1389.JPG - a pic of Alton Tower's permanent Enterprise. You can see how the platform and mechanics are actually built into the ground - as with any proper park flat ride http://www.altontowerspark.info/attraction...namo/img02.html - a pic of Alton Tower's park model Breakdance (Luna Park's Spider). You can see how the park version does not have the tilted platform and again the turntable and mechanics are built into the concrete ground These pics show how much better park models look rather than all of the demountable action going on over at Sydney's Luna Park. There are ways to disguise this (as they did sort of try with UFO) but overall they have not made much of an attempt this year

I honestly can say that i dont think any of the rides at LPS will have major changes this year.Maybe next year some of them could get themed and even re-painted it would make for a better atmosphere.I just want to see some new rides come into the park and actually be there full time.There was alot of talk about the Dominator but that aint happening and i dont blame them.Our poor old ranger tho,she is starting to show her age and it wont be long before it has to have a major overhaul.

Huss is that the brakdance that luna park does have,i am sure of it cause not much has changed apart form colour,floor,the angle of the floor,but they had a oparators box :-(,where is our,apparently they are on the way,dont know when tho
That is indeed Luna Parks Breakdance. But when Wittingslow purchased the Huss rides, very cheap, from Expo, they trailerised Breakdance, and gave it a wicked backdrop. I don't have any photos of it but I can remember it being spectacular, and also Wittingslow ran the ride, at Luna Park Sydney for a while, until they sold it, and then Luna Park wrecked it

No worries Mrmoon. Welcome to the forums by the way, think I forgot to mention that. Good to have another 'industry insider' here. I found some pics I want you guys to take a look at. They are park versions of the various rides at LPS (or at least very similar rides). One thing I will say is that there doesn't seem to be a major difference between park and road UFO/Enterprise models. Whereas with most other rides there is a significant difference between the two makes. I think the main difference with the UFO is that a park version should have a solid concrete platform with the ride essentially built into the ground. http://www.twoswords.co.uk/images/tpguide/zodiac4.JPG - shows the concrete platform of a park enterprise. This is what LPS's UFO would have if it was a true park model http://www.towersdiscovered.co.uk/100_1389.JPG - a pic of Alton Tower's permanent Enterprise. You can see how the platform and mechanics are actually built into the ground - as with any proper park flat ride http://www.altontowerspark.info/attraction...namo/img02.html - a pic of Alton Tower's park model Breakdance (Luna Park's Spider). You can see how the park version does not have the tilted platform and again the turntable and mechanics are built into the concrete ground These pics show how much better park models look rather than all of the demountable action going on over at Sydney's Luna Park. There are ways to disguise this (as they did sort of try with UFO) but overall they have not made much of an attempt this year
The Breakdance at alton Towers is NOT a BREAKDANCE NO.1 that infact is a Breakdance NO.3 which was a more compact version of the popular ride, you can still see them today in parks, and travelling on the German scene. But there are parks that have a Breakdance no.1 but they have kept the backdrop etc etc. The main idea of the tilted platform is to make the ride more exciting, rather than just spinning horizontally, Huss incorporated a tilt to give it more thrill. The ones in Germany are amazing, but Lunas, wittingslows Sobema, and Lauries Sobema just don't do the real Huss Breakdance justice!

Here here i do amdite that.There could be so much potential for that ride,lights signs ect.But for some reason they just wanna leave it alone and i dont know why.I tell people "welcome to the breakdance" cause that is what its called.At night it could be 10 times better than it is now at night but hey i dont know they might but for some reason i dout it.in your eyes HUSS how could they make it alot better i am just curious.