Operation of Attractions...

DaptoFunlandGuy

I would like to know from operators out there, past and present, any park whatsoever, what attraction was the worst, or best, most interesting, difficult or easy to operate, absolutely any ride goes... tell your story of your favourite ride to op... regale us with your tales...

Favourite rides: Demon and Snowy. Demon was just heaps of fun, I can't put my finger on why, it just was. Snowy because there was always two operators there and therefore someone to talk to and secondly because people would complain about getting wet, after waiting for up to 90 min with people walking past soaking wet and the signs saying 'You will get wet', you could only laugh at them. Hated rides: Zodiac and any of the kiddy rides. Zodiac was like a giant hot plate during summer with all that concrete. Also stupid kids running out under the ride when it was about 2 meters off the ground. Kiddy rides, where do I start? Teenagers asking if they could go on them. "The Bus is now leaving for Boundary Rider, South Australia"

Best Rides: Snowy > Always 2 people down there... can also be fun with the geysers :cool: Skyrider > Again, someone there (2 person op)... Can have a great chat as you dispatch. Liked to deal with breakdowns. Prefered tension (Goldrush) terminal Probe > If you ever heard someone squeeling 'I want my mummy', using the tower PA, or getting the queue line to wave as they pass the cameras... thats probably me.... Great fun Demon > Always been a favourite and the most interesting in the many breakdowns I saw in my time. Worst Rides: Galleons/Clippers > That mooing noise really got to me Skyhawk > Hated staring into the glaring sun Planes > Couldn't stand the parents who dumped their kids on Planes, and wandered off for a coffee and cake as their kids went around again and again and again.... Easiest to operate: Dodgems > Start (and if needed - Stop)