°¤WõÑdÈ®lãÑd §ýDñÈÿ¤°

Flea

Guest boycotta

does anyone know how to upload pictures in this forum because ive tried many times and i don't know how can i send the pictures to someone to upload them for me?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boycotta

new news wonderland entrance to the carpark will be demolished, after selling the land on which the driveway towards the carpark is standing the driveway will be moved through the middle strip of land that seperates into the employee carpark. wonderland, needs to be updating the park i mean there last attraction was the space probe and that was built in 1995, they have been taking out rides over the past 8 years then actually put in rides.does anyone know of any new news lately?

Guest boycotta

please do my cousin lives down the road from there and reports any news around the park that he passes by every day to go to school at horsley park. his neighbour works there and she gives me details about the park. it may not have started construction on the driveway but there are construction im pretty shore in the car park, but like i said the carparks are sold and now there are going to be factories. the wildlife park should of been built at the back to carparks and wonderland could have been expanded through the wildlife park. they own all the land up to the highway they must do something. on a different note does anyone know ehere the wonderland gallery is. when will it be built for the website. it has been a really long time.

Just got back from a great day at wonderland with my best coaster mate, Andrew Kew. I won't borther to write a trip report, but I will give some valuable details about the park. First of all.. There is contruction happening in the sold car park. Many raised construction offices (supported by brick supports) have started to appear. Obviously, this may be that rumoured factory. Attendance was very low today. At a guess, there was only around 30 people in the park. It was absolutely disgusting to see Wonderland in a state of nothingness... I guess the rain in the morning really scared off people. Little did they know, the rain was to stop for most of the day.. I was talking to a op on Space Probe, and she said "I don't think they are going to add a ride anytime soon.. no wonder this place has no one coming anymore" she continued "I really do hope they add a new one though". I was also talking to her about TDD, she was amazed at how fast it goes :) Snowy River Rampage is still closed, the brakes that hold the boats when loading appear to be removed. The only 'refurbishing' I have seen is the pain job done on the station, which consists of a creamish white and a dark green. Kevin was there as usual, riding his favourite rides SP and Demon. A SP operator had told me that he has riden it more than 12, 000 times, and has been coming to Wonderland every day for the past 10 years. Bush Beast was running surprisingly smooth today. Maybe it was the rain. The red train was in operation, yellow train still has all its seats removed. What should be addressed to management is that a operator named 'Daniel' is oprating TBB in a way that I'm sure management would not tolerate if seen. Now as funny and enthusiastic this guy is, I'm sure this is against the park rules.. Daniel presses the dispatch and brake button with his foot. If his foot slipped, then he may press the wrong button and cause dilema. It was pouring in the morning, and the rest of the day was pretty good, just with a few showers here and there. Now here's a list of what rides myself and andrew went on today.. Demon- 32 times, all were walkons.. very smooth! Space Probe- 42 times, all were walkons.. got on 18 times without having to queue up again. Bush Beast- 28 times, quite smooth.. still faily rough. Bounty's Revenge- Once. Imo, worst ride in the park. Baloon Race- Once.. Why did we go on it? HMS Endeavour- Once, still faily thrilling. Galleons Graveyard- Once, not too bad, still prefer wizards fury which used to stand there though.. Dragon's Flight- Once, fun! :) Well, I guess that was kind of a trip report.. hope you enjoyed it :) Thanks, ~Flea

In terms of attendance, would I be right to say this is probably the worst time of the year possible for Australian theme parks. So I don't think the number of people in the park is necessarilly overly negative. I know it's not many at all, but I remember similar numbers on a Saturday I went way back in 1996. It only rained until about 11, but that was enough to put people off. And that was when Space Probe was relatively new.... As for the carpark, if that is a factory that is one hell of a bad decision by the park. Talk about lowering the atmosphere......

Guest boycotta

well during the school week at the park they do get no one there, but on the weekends more people go but most people prefer going to wonderland on holidays. september holidays and christmas is the only time the park is at its busiest. christmas last year was a shoker there were over a thousand people there during the holidays. people prefer warmth and hot enjoyable days. wonderland honestly was a good attraction to all sydney sighters but i think the park is not in a good location. it needs to be more closer to the city where people mainly are. other than dreamworld and movieworld well they get a lot of people because for one its advertised on tv. there are 4 major theme parks in queensland and its located near the gold coast and surfers paradise. its normally warm all year round and people normally go. thanks ciao buonanotte

I just hope at the end of the year, that there would be at least one new ride at Wonderland. Even if it ends up being like a Wild West Falls type of ride. Personally i'd prefer it to be a B&M Floorles, or a B&M inverted. I'm not really satisfied with just high drops and steep turns, I like the feelin of being upside down, very high up in the air...hehe (wouldnt all of us?) ;) Anyways, I just hope that with all this factory constuction, and what else, that we'd see a new ride from Wonderland by the end of this year.

Guest boycotta

i have recived word that yes there is a factory being built for shore and yes it is already being constructed in the wonderland carparks. this news has travelled fast and i think wonderland must be poor. in my opinion wonderland needed money so sold a lot of land and started to get sponsers for the park such as NTG on the space probe. wonderland is getting $400 000 to keep that up there for 4 years. come on wonderland hurry up start advertising new rides!

It is not so much that the park would be "poor", rather than good buisness to do this. Can you think of an easier way to make $400 000. and all you have to do is pay 2000to have a sign made. The park is doing this( in my opion) to make profits from other areas other than the income that the park makes. For all we know the Wonderland corp may be building the factory itself and leasing it to the company for use. This creates income for the Wonderland Corp and will continue to do so reguardless what happens to the park itself. I will try to contact Wonderland tomorrow to see if I can get an Official Responce to all that has been said here so we know what is true and what is false and what is not commented on.

Guest boycotta

i know for sure that that building is not wonderlands. that area is very industrial. i dont know what company but it aint wonderlands. and yes they have been poor many times before. the park was owned by an australian company which did a very good job to maintain the park. the were rich at the time because of the amoun t of people. they constucted very good rides until they busted a lot of money on the space probe. they lost popualrity around 1999, and were very average. they sold the park to a malaysian company and they also owned a theme park in malaysia very similar to wonderland. they again sold the park but they werent poor and now its currently owned by an american company. if im not mistaken the park could very easily shut down or be sold over again and again. the park will construct a new ride and hopefully gain popularity again. the park will construct many more features under a budget in time for there 21st anniversary coming up in i think 2006 or 2007 ciao

Wonderland Sydney (formerly Australia's Wonderland) was built in the mid-80's by Kings Entertainment (of Kings Island fame). This company was owned by at this stage Taft Entertainment, who owned Hanna-Babera (hence all the KE parks having HB theming). They sold the company to Paramount in the early 90's. Paramount owned it until around 1998, who then sold it to Sunway, a Malaysian company, who renamed the park for the Sydney Olympics. It is still owned by Sunway Corp. The park was never owned by any Australian company. If you're going to blame anyone for letting the park fall into disrepair, blame Paramount, who didn't really care (after all, it's a park that gets less than half the attendance any of their other parks get, and the Australian dollar further lowers the income). They added Space Probe (7) to keep the park in competition with Luna Park, came out on top there, and didn't need to do anything more to win the Sydney market. Sunway have turned the park around amazingly. Though it definitely has a long way to go. Between my visit in 1999, and my next visit in 2002, the park turned from being a dirty poorly kept park that was bottom of my list, to a great park, that is now my favourite for overall quality in Australia. As for popularity, the park is certainly up there in attendance figures with the Gold Coast parks, and I can't see it being any less profitable then them. Now... the factory. My opinion is I'll believe it when I see it. If, if, Wonderland were to sell off some of their land to build a factory, why would they sell their main carpark, or any carparks. Wonderland have a huge amount of land. If they wanted to sell off land, they'd use excess land at the far ends of the block, not the middle, essentially in the middle of the theme park. They could be resurfacing the carpark (which does need doing), they could even be building the confirmed Business Centre. A factory is a pretty general term. What sort of factory? This is a residential area, I can't see too many neighbours letting something like this go ahead.

I agree with Richard. There have been some dramatic changes to Wonderland since the ownership changed to Sunway. While most of this has had little, or nothing, to do with ride additions, all one has to do is look at the theming in the park which is the best the park has seen in its history. The atmosphere at the park has really been lifted by this. I really can't see the logic in building a factory in the Wonderland carpark. Has management even confirmed this? From what I've heard they haven't (correct me if I'm wrong). Couldn't this construction be for something completely unrelated? The Wonderland Business Park is no secret. However, wasn't that meant to be constructed towards the opposite end of the land along the freeway side of the park? I thought that was the area which was zoned to be chosen for it?

Made a trip to the park today with the friend I always go with, Andrew.. along with some girls :) Yes, the park has improved a lot, but you can certainly see that local people are getting very bored with Wonderland. Although the attendance today for Wonderland was quite good, and rides were getting decent queues. Now to the information about today's trip.. .. As stated before, attendance at the park was quite good. Atleast it was compared to last week's trip. Today, Andrew pointed out that the ballon ride no longer runs on it's usual tilt. Very weird.. Snowy River Rampage is still under 'rufurbishment'. Still, nothing has been done to the ride other than the boats being placed on the grass and the ride op box and some walls have been painted green and a creamish-white. Major jolts have been experienced on car 2, on the yellow train. At one point, it sounded like the car had been detacthed from the train. Odd.. Dragon's Flight was closed for half of the day until they started testing the ride. The chairs were making loud speaks that got the GP very concerned. That's about it guys, I have taken a total of 20 pictures of nearly all rides at the park. Some of them include POV's of TBB! Thanks for reading, ~Flea

I think that it might be a good idea to stop posting rumors as truth without any substance. I will try to get ahold of the park tomorrow about the "factory" and get their side of the story. I have to agree with Richard on the factory. This does not make any logic to build a factory in the carpark, and I have just found the there has been no rezoning with the Sydney City Council or the Penrith City Council in Reguard to Wonderland with the exception of the one that we know and it is not in the main carpark for the park. I could only imagine what boycotta would have told us if he had been able to see the early stages of the Cyclone construction that I documented for Twistedrails during it's construction. Take it from someone in the construction industry mate, the site sheds are put away from the real construction site as they are classed as a safe area under work place health and safety rules Australia Wide. These rules do not change from state to state. Now haveing said that I will call the park tomorrow and put an end to all the rubbish that is placed on this fourm. Sorry but I have had it with the long answers and I am getting to the bottom of this for good. Cya tomorrow.

well a couple of weeks ago on westcoaster there was a post about a australia company that wanted to open a sex theme park in Las Vegas maybe they are doing a park down here next to wonderland thats what the warehouses are for. The part about the aussie company want to open a sex park in Vegas is true , but the rest I made up as a joke. so dont hate me :twisted: the trashheap has spoken

Guest boycotta

everyone i apologise for my sudden announcement. the park is building something in the carparks at the back it has already started but ive noticed something. i looked through the latest street directory and noticed when i looked at wonderland it said in brackets (wonderland business park.) this could mean that it is wonderlands and would be built to replace there old buisness park. the buisness park and the party area and the big stage at the back near the beach, may be going to replace a new attraction. this all sounds exciting, but please dont get your hopes up. this is all a theory, except about the street directory and could mean that the park is taking a step towards the future. please if anyone knows any information please send and new news or pdates or even photos. if anyone wants weekly updates please ask any questions at italia_67 @hotmail.com

Since I'll wait for Wayne to get back to us with regard to Wonderland (no disrespect Boycotta), I'd just like to suggest a re-theme: Space Probe - Premature E-Jack (Since the rides over before it starts) New live shows wouldn't have to be very imaginative, just start with say, Spiderman going for a job interview, and let the show write itself. :D:D