°¤WõÑdÈ®lãÑd §ýDñÈÿ¤°

Flea

Guest boycotta

hello and welcome to this new topic. this topic allows viewers to read and add factual information about wonderland sydney. i will update this forum every week on new exciting news, ruomers and announcements.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boycotta

Wonderland Sydney will open a new ride by christmas. it will be a ride similar to the wild wild west locating behind the snowy river rampage. i know for a fact that this will occur between christmas 2003 or late 2004.

Guest boycotta

there will be a hold up unfortunately to see any photos of Wonderland Sydney. the files are too big and it wont allow me to add in any attachments. how else can you add photos??? has anyone noticed the different colours and the new paint job on the bountys Revenge. the park is starting to take shape now. this money machine is also making the park more popular. if anyone has any photos please add it to this post. thankyou.]

Guest boycotta

there are ruomers going around that Wonderland will open a rollercoaster by next year under a super charcter from marvel enterprises. they discussed that it will be named under spiderman or the incredible hulk. sounds interesting, but will it happen. last year wonderland released information saying they will build a mega looper rollercoaster for a world record with 10 loops, but England was building a rollercoaster with 11 loops. anayways a recenty discussed with a worker the statistcs of a new rollercoaster and he said that the ride cannot exceed above 60-70 metres high due to the small airport nearby. the space probe was goign to be nearly 100 m high untiul the government restricted Wonderland to only about 70m high. what a jiff come on Wonderland. you can smile again! THESE 4 PHOTOS WERE TAKEN DURING THE 2001 CHRISTMAS BUSHFIRES. THE DEMON, BUSH BEAST, SNOWY RIVER RAMPAGE, BEASTIE. THE BEASTIE WAS OPERATING AT THE TIME.

Guest boycotta

i hope everyone enjos the photos have provided for this gallery and i woul like to thank Richard for helping me upload these 4 photos. more photos will be on the way in the not to far distant future. thanks PLEASE GIVE SUBMIT ANY INFORMATION ON THIS POST OR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THESE PICTURES!

Guest boycotta

has anyone noticed the new chance to win $100 000 in cash. it's bringing alot of people to the park. there are also up to $200 000 worth of prizes to be one. all you have to do is apply in the barrel when you have entered the park for free and if your name is called from the barrel you go in a clear glass room to pick a card with your winning prize. it will end when all prizes are claimed.

Guest boycotta

if there are any requires reguarding this post or any Wonderland new. please do not hesitate to contacy me on italia_67@hotmail.com i will cheerfully answer all questions.

Guest boycotta

NEWS FLASH!!! Wonderland has confirmed a there new project. they have recently sold the back 2 carparks for industries and the road that leads up to Wonderland has land vacted. that land may be used to build the new Wonderland office in way to build more rides near the beach and the old Wonderland offices. this may be a huge step for Wonderland. the land next to the highway also is owned by Wonderland which will lead to future development. the park was 60 hectares now around 50-55 hectares big. the money used from the land will lead to the future rides. the office part may not be entirly true they may have sold that part of the land as well, but other tha that tehn rest has been confirmed. my point of view is that they shoul have kept the carparks to move the wildlife park over there and use the old wildlife park land for Wonderland extension keeping the old hanna babera land. this would of enabled the beastie to continue running again.the rides at wonderland are to spread out. more rides must go inbetween other rides. take for example dreamworld. they have 2 rollecoasters (thunderboly , Cyclone) as next door neighbours with many other rides very close nearby. Come on Wonderland start considering the future development of the park.

Guest boycotta

it was confirmed anyone to the general public, but to the workers there. my friend workd there and she attended a park meeting which announced the future development of Wonderland and discussing opinions and improvements to the park.

Guest boycotta

the old balloon ride which was situated at hanna babera land is now new and refurbished and is now operating where the sky hawk currently was near the goldrush entrance. the merry go round also was removed and is now operating at the transilvania entrance. all other little rides are now situated mainly in the transilvania arena. the wizard fury i rekon was one of the most exciting rides in the park but was replaced by a hanna babera land ride. keep updated in this forum for more newsweekly

Guest boycotta

UPSETING NEWS JUST WHEN YOU THINK WONDERLAND COULD GO BAD. IT SEEMS IT JUST GOT WORSE. ON THE WEBSITE IT SATES THAT wONDERLAND WILL HAVE IT'S LAST AFTER 5 PM TRADING FOR $16.50 THIS SATURDAY 3RD MAY. THIS MEANS THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE WONDERLAND ON SATURDAY NIGHTS. NOW THAT JUST MADE THE PARKS REPUTATION VERY LOW. THEY PROBABLY WEREN'T MAKING A LOT OF MONEY WHO KNOWS!

Guest boycotta

true i would be cold here, but they have never closed the 5pm thing before because it has never been on in the recent past. it used to be on about 7 years ago if i remember correctly, but yeah it is too cold. does anyone have any pictures to add this forum on Wonderland. please add them it would be most appreciative. i will keep everyone updated as soon as i here more news. if anyone would like to talk about anything to do with Wonderland please do so. ciao

Hi, I've just added some pics from my last wonderland trip early in March 2003. I was lucky enough to take my camera on the Bush Beast. I'm glad to hear Bounty's Revenge is open again. I visited the park 3 times since Jan03 and each time it was closed. Can you tell me what the new colours are?

Guest boycotta

hey everyone apparantly now other than Spiderman Wolverine, Storm and the Incredible Hulk are now walking around. other roumers state that Wonderland may open a new rollercoaster by christmas under marvel enterprises, maybe a spiderman rollercoaster or as everyone has been saying that the park may open a new themed area under marvel enterprises. does anyone know where the demon came from. its from the brisbane 1988 world expo. how cheap. well when you think about it the demon is one of the best rides in the world. it contains a reasonable first drop and contains 6 loops 3 of which go backwards. i rekon it's one of the best rides in the world. it just seems a bit weired to get a ride from an expo. maybe if the expo comes to australia again wonderland may get another ride. who knows what wonderland may have up there sleeves HAS ANYONE SEEN ANY CONSTRUCTION UPDATES OR THE NEW FACTORIES BEING BUILT AT WONDERLAND IN THE CARPARKS? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE WONDERLAND INFORMATION? PLEASE POST ANYTHING!

*** WARNING - LONG POST - *** :!: I just thought I would share my opinion on the Demon Roller Coaster. I was in Knott's Berry Farm in 1991 and that was the first time I had seen the "bomerang" style coaster. My brothers rode it as i was way to scared (hahaha! I was 12 at the time) I remember when the demon opened at Wonderland I thought... "Oh my god it's bigger then the one at Knotts" :shock: It seems it's very well placed. Painted dark and standing along a slop may contribute to making it look big. I loved waiting in the que for Wizards fury and watching the demon travel up the lift hill feeling sorry for the poor people on board. (At this stage I was still afraid to ride..... it just looked so high) Anyway I finaly rode it a few years ago. I was silly the first time, not having much experience with coasters I let my head wobble from side to side and i left the ride with a very sore back! :x Anyway the last time i rode it was in April 2003 and I must say it's EXTREMELY PAINFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first drop it very exciting, but after that you must brace yourself for whats to follow..... The bomerang is confusing as I never know which way it's going to turn next so I cant position myself for the impact of the turns. The drop backwards is nothing....... meaning, I never feel much sensation at all, its really a nice comfortable feeling that i wish would last longer (I sit at the front to get a maximum drop going backwards) Anyway next going backwards comes the loop..... GOSH!!! Its the worst part!!!!! I get so frightened going through it knowing it's going to hurt! coming out of the loop is so pianful for the spine. Please concider that I did take note of the seating instructions located on the back of each headreast. I do force myself back in my seat and keep my head straight and rested on the back. I now just wonder if where in the train you sit makes a difference? I always sit in the front as I like the drop backwards and I have occassionaly sat futher back towards the middle. I have never sat in the back. I have been on all coasters along the east coast of OZ except for Thunderbolt. My memories of leathal weapon are good and I enjoyed the ride even though it was pouring! The Corkscrew, as if I need to mention is like gliding...... so nice!! and i rode phycolone while it was the 'Big Dipper" at Lunar Park, this coaster was also nice, fast and smooth! Bush Beast is my FAVORITE!!!!!!! I could ride it all day and still get a thrill! So much FUN!! I'm sorry to say I just don't enjoy demon because of the pain factor. :(

posted by boycotta

well when you think about it the demon is one of the best rides in the world.   it contains a reasonable first drop and contains 6 loops 3 of which go backwards. i rekon it's one of the best rides in the world
I mean NO disrespect but dude if you think a vekoma boomerang is one of the best coasters in the world you need help :twisted:

...when you think about it the demon is one of the best rides in the world...
You have just contradicted yourself there, you have said that you have though about it, then managed to come up with that statement. Do you have any idea how many vekoma boomerangs are in the world? They are the most cloned coaster. From my point of view and I think the majority of enthusiasts would agree, Vekoma Boomerangs are unimaginative and just plain bad as far as what you are after from a coaster experience.