X

NatDog

um... my opinion will be censored but the ride ****ING ROCKS! It is in my opinion both visualy and on the ride one of the best coaster designs out there. The trains look amazing and its a pretty impressive sight seeing it travel around teh track. I've ridden it twice, once with a 3 hour wait and once with a 2, both absolutely worth it. The first time it was very disorientating and last Sunday riding it a second time I got to experience it much more knowing what is going on.

I rode it a couple months ago. I think it's a coaster you need to ride a few times to get the full effect, it's just so disorienting. It's also a very extreme coaster (yeah it loves up to its name). I wasn't overly impressed with it to tell the truth, it was fun and completely different to any other coaster experience, but it was very rough. My head was slammed back and forth against the headrest the entire ride, and I came off with a headache. I was in the back row so perhaps this attributed to its roughness. Take away the rough factor and I would've enjoyed it alot more. Its a coaster you really should try to get on some day, nothing else out there comes close to producing such intensity.

I'd have to say I'm an X hater. I went in wanting to really like it, and I really did try, but there was no way I could. I've ridden rough coasters before, but none as painfully rough as this. It's the only coaster I've ridden that had any "leg banging" on it. It really wasn't worth the 3+ hours we spent queuing. Thankfully though, its badness was really overshadowed by so many other things in the park (people using footpaths as toilets in the clear view of other guests comes to mind).

See, what I would say is skip SFMM. It's the least impressive park I've ever been to. Take the day you'd spend there and soak in more of Disneyland Resort or Knott's or drive up to San Francisco and check out PGA or something. Anything's better than the Mountain. If you're that set on going to SFMM then good and great. Just prepare for disappointment. I wouldn't say to you to skip X, because though it's not the smoothest and there are plenty of much better rides in the park, it doesn't come much more unique than X - anywhere.

The only reason Id go to SFMM is becuase of the coasters, and id just bear the other stuff, its like the show, its got all the carnies and the other bad stuff, but im just there for the rides. With the person doing a wee wee on the path, was it a little kid or was it like an adult? I reckon if they were to make another 4d it should only have one seat on each side in a 7 car train, with four trains running. It would mean a second MCBR, but you would just make the final section spin around more. I would also use normal restraints instead of the things that look like backpack straps.

SFMM is a pretty run-down park but I wouldn't say stay away from it altogether, just go there for the coasters. I would definitely go on X just to experience it (and to add it to your coaster count). There isn't always massive queues for it, when I was there I waited 40mins, but I've also heard of walk-ons or 10min waits etc. I think it really depends what day or time of year you go. As for the butterfly restraints or whatever they call them, I find them more comfortable than regular OTSR's. I dont think regular restraints would work anyway.... For me its not the restraints that are painful, it's the massive headbanging. Despite its many negatives I still always enjoy myself at SFMM, and I would definitely recommend going if you've never been before.