2005 Calendars

Richard

24 members have voted

1. 1. 2005 Calendars

• Yes
    • No

PRE-ORDER NOW FOR AUD$25.00 (INCL. SHIPPING). SEE CALENDAR PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS. It's coming time again for Calendars. The 2005 calendar will again feature a selection of Australian rides and general theme park scenery. It will feature entirely new photographs and wherever possible, rides that weren't featured last year. The photographs will be significantly better quality than last year. The design has not yet been finalised. Photographs and design will surely be selected and approval seeked from parks by the end of November. What I need is numbers. The more people who buy them, the cheaper they will be for everyone. If I get 15 or more, the price will be AUD$25.00 for a calendar, including shipping. If I can't get 15, then I won't bulk order them as with last time, doing it straight through Cafepress, and it will work out to being around AUD$35 or more, including shipping. If I bulk order I will need people to prepurchase them for $25.00. As with last time if the minimum (15) isn't reached, all orders will be refunded, at which point I'll switch to selling them through Cafepress for around $10 more. Please don't vote YES if you have no intention of purchasing one. Either vote NO or leave it until you have made up your mind.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention that as with last time orders will be taken on credit card as well as cheque or money order if need be. Obviously that's not until much later. Here's the look at how the calendar will look at the moment. It might change, but it gives you an idea. Also, look at the information about last year's: http://oldsite.totalthrills.com/calendar.php.

I Mean, it looks great, but if i had of know there was going to be an Roller-Coaster.com.au Calender, i might not of already organised for a Dreamworld Calender to be sent down to Canberra. Really Sorry Richard. Otherwise you would have had my complete support. But don't let me stop you from ordering a calender. Order one. They look excellent.

The text is my biggest concern also. I more than likely won't go with it. For one thing it's a lot easier to design it with just a single image per page rather than multple images and then having to think of text to go alongside. Before I start taking orders I'll definitely put up a selection of images from the final design to give you an idea of what's featured and the quality of the photos. If anyone is has high quality and high resolution shots of any of Wonderland Sydney's rides (in an operating state, obviously) that they'd be willing to give in exchange for a free copy of the calendar then let me know. Minimum of 3 megapixel/2000x1500 please!

What sort of images of rides are you looking for richard? I have quite a selection which were taken on my digital on the summer holiday before the announcement. The ones i already sent you were from when the camer decided it neede high quality batteries, so i used a disposable one instead. Anyway. What rides are you after as i am more than willing to hand some over to you richard.

Let's Count and See. 1. Dreamworld 2. WNW 3. Sea World 4. Movie World 5. Aussie World 6. Wonderland Sydney 7. Magic Mountain 8. Luna Park Sydney 9. Luna Park Melbourne 10. Adventure World For 11 and 12, we could use several pictures from smaller parks which aren't big enough to have a profile. Such as Downunderland, Ton - O - Fun and the rest.

Sorry Paul, if I sounded mean im sorry, maybe there could be a profile for the good parks (DW, SW, MW), but for the rest of it have rides. Hey, I know, I know, there could be a profile for the start of a season (March, June, September, December) then for the seasons other two months, feature 2 rides from that park.

Hey Rich Yeah you know for sure I'll have a calender... Will have to look hot though given I scored a nice FHM calender this month :) In seeing what you put up, I really like the look of the design. I'm not that bothered either way with the text but I do like the multi image layout. I however, will not try and stick my two cents in and say what you should do, I know whatever you come up with will be great.

Calendar pre-orders are now being taken, through until the end of November. Calendars will be shipped in early December. The pre-order price is AUD$25.00, including shipping. Please proceed to the Calendar page for more information on the calendars, including how to order and some previews of some pages of the calendar. After the end of November (November 30), calendars will be repriced to around AUD$30.00 (incl. shipping) to cover the costs of ordering additional calendars, so get in before the end of the month! Order them for family and friends. Get one for home and one for work. Remember that this site is funded entirely out of my own pocket. You're guaranteeing the future growth of Australia's most popular theme park site by purchasing a calendar.