GD ideas

Slick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just speed the lifts and the catch car return, and reduce the holding time at the top to and average of 10 seconds, with a few random hold times chucked in to spice things up, ranging from an immediate drop after it reaches the top, giving no time to prepare, to a 25 second torture session to really well up the fear.

I have a suggestion for a new queue line. I did post it elsewhere but I don't think anybody noticed it. Have the queue run underneath the Model T cars. Have it an entirely underground queue, as oil drilling stations on land get the oil from in the ground. Have it with black walls all around, the pathing made from metal with the grid plate to walk on. Have twin fluoro lights hanging down every so often. Have red and yellow pipes running along one of the walls. Have a shot of hot air run through the tunnel every so often as if the drilling just hit a pocket of air. Emergency Exit signs with arrows pointing back the direction the riders came. Faster whinches would definitely be a good start. Maybe we could air launch the gondola up the tower and have the catch car waiting about half way to take it the rest of the way. Two ride-ops at all times would be a definite start. A third ride-op should be employed and all three work the GD all day. You would have the two ride-ops to operate their side of the tower, and the third to organise the crowd into the groups of 8 to ride. When one of the ride-ops is ready to go on lunch, have the queue-prep take over that ride-op position so that both sides of the tower are running at the same time. And lets just hope that Dreamworld act like most other firms that provide customer service and only allow one out of three people to take their lunch break at a time

Hmm...... ideas for the drop hey? Well let's think out the requirements for redevelopment. -It would have to accommodate a high amount of people moving through that area if the ride is going to hold alot more. -It would definitely have to be on two levels due to the Gold Rush entry -contain wheelchair access between the areas -look attractive -follow some kind of theme Put all that together and see what ideas you can come up with. As for me, i'll get some ideas up soon, just working on alot of other stuff at the moment to fully split up brain power.

Now lets think on how Disney do rides and on which point we actually want to acheive, to get better capacity or improve the area. I personally think that I'd spend the money (currently) on updating the queue area as one thing that slows time down is the lack of entertainment (like when you're in a boring science lesson). Right now I'm really not overly interested in GD's themeing or lack of, rather I think the bigger problem is TOT. Its been discussed, and I think I'll do another post, but here's just a video of the highest it was going the other weekend. [Edit] Something is wrong at the moment and the video gives me an "this thing has stuffed up" message. Will post it later.:rolleyes:

Okay watch out guys because I'm back and I'll be lurking around all the time again ready to jump out and release my opinions on these threads :P I think it's pretty pointless us discussing how to change the ride system or major que structure because realisticaly there isn't any chance of that happening... What has been said though is really what is needed, if they want to get capacity up they have to staff the ride and run both cars. If it's one thing I learnt from my latest trip is that its staff that mean the difference between capacity or not. Same goes for cars or trains, you have to run as many as possible, not doing so is just short changing your customers. That being said a great crew with 1 car can pull it off but a crap crew with 2 still won't cut it. Perfect example of this is Knotts. On tuesday the park was EMPTY (see my TR) however Xcelerator is still staffed with a crew of SIX! If this was DW it would be 2 at the most, just doesn't compare. Problem with GD is it has a long cycle time so you really can't ever run a single car unless something is really wrong.