Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Eureka Mountain Mine Ride

17 posts in this topic

There are 1 cars with 4 passengers per car, giving a total of 4 riders per train
Is this actually true? I mean, last time I went there I thought there was more than one?

It has also gone under some pretty big renovations recently, there are several new effects and the computer systems are all new. While still not the highest capacity ride in the park, it still is a nice ride at that.

Don't know how long it is but it's a short one...yeah.I think it's about 17 years old now isn't it?When is DW planning on getting rid of it,does anyone know?

You don't get rid of a ride unless there's a reason to. Eureka Mountain is just a little ride In regards to cars on the ride, the listing you're reading in the database is a description of each "train" on the ride, i.e. each train has a single car. It does run multiple cars most of the time.

Its the closest thing DW has to a mouse and its lots of fun, and its in a big mountain which is a major feature of goldrush, i dont want to see it go, if anything ever happens to it it will probably just be ripping out the old track and putting in a new ride system (like what they did with Rioolirat at Avonturepark Hellidoom in the Netherlands)

I meant maybe they might tear it down because of age...that's what they did with Thunderbolt right?Or was that just because the roughness of the ride? I agree Goldrush is one of the best themed areas at DW,along with Ocean Parade.

Thunderbolt was taken down because it was old and would cost to much $$ to get it back to the standard it was years ago. As far as i know.

All that remains of the Thunderbolt is the station. Basically its the queue, exit and both areas with a very big area at the rear of the station, and seeming the whole thing is shaded and virtually unknown to the gp, its a great place for storage, even if it does only have about four things from nick central etc. in there.

Hey, I went to Dreamworld last Sunday and rode the Eureka Mine Ride a few times, however on the final ride it was a little different.. When were were all strapped in and ready to go, the train thing we were sitting in went up the chain-lift hill, and there was a bit of a "clunk" where it kinda snaps your neck.. It was our third ride on it today, and I was saying "3...2...1" until the chain bit.. on 1 we went on the chain bit, but it got stuck and it was like CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK x 100. After screaming.. WHAT THE ****! We proceeded to go up the hill, went around the top and emergency stopped. Take in mind it was a hot day, and here we were inside his cave in the sun.. arrrrgh. The loudspeaker came on and the ride op said something like "Aplogies for the inconvienience, we are encountering some ride difficulties. Remain seated and we will resume the ride shortly" The only thing I wanted to do was walk off the ride. We sat there for a good 15 minutes and I was scared of there being a fire.... *Claustrophobic* Anyway. What caused the incident was that a sensor along the ride became blocked, therefore stopped our train (On the most painful bit of the ride) As a precauticion so we didnt crash into another train.. WILD~!