Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Log Ride

12 posts in this topic

I don't believe the ride aspect has been changed. I think they have only re-structued the fall and make it more safe for the general public. But i haven't ridden the ride for a long time. So i wouldn't know.

That ride sucks, the water is disgusting. The only fun you can have on it is if you stand up the whole time where the authorities can't see you, although they do have cameras so you have to be careful.

It used be really filthy but I think they cleaned it up. I have bad memories from a time where the visibility of the water was like 3 cm. I smelt putridly for the rest of the day. It was in winter too which was bad.

Geese,it's not that bad,I got soaked on it,more so than Wild West and Vikings.
I will give you Vikings. But Wild West Falls is way above Dreamworlds log ride.

Wild West falls is a wide trough with a lot of water and the dreamworld log ride is a skinny trough.Plus the wild west boats weigh more and are bigger so the WW falls should get you wetter than the others

Not technically true. After one ride on the log flume I was saturated, whereas eight non-stop rides on the Wild West Falls (during light rain) didn't nearly get me as soaked as much as I did on that disgusting little log flume. It's because the wild west falls' carriages are more aerodynamic so no-one gets absolutely soaked if there is a full load, and from memory, there is also water effects when you hit the water to look like you get wet. Gotta love their excellent themeing, but hey Dreamworld have the pre-love bubblegum.

In some seats you get wetter than others,I must have been sitting in a seat were you get less drenched.Apparently the third seat is were you get wet most. On Rocky Hollow you only get drenched from one side for some reason,I'm not sure.

I don't believe the ride aspect has been changed. I think they have only re-structued the fall and make it more safe for the general public. But i haven't ridden the ride for a long time. So i wouldn't know.
More safe? Would you know how they did that..? I didn't notice anything possibly dangerous on that ride, except for worn off paint :S