Sign in to follow this  
scott

Coasters On The Great Outdoors

14 posts in this topic

I saw an add for the Great Outdoors showing The Claw and Giant Drop.They said they would showcase australias latest attractions,even though there have only been three new attrations. It's on at 7:30 Monday on channel 7 for those that didn't know

Exactly, would you much rather see no theme park specials on TV? No, I didn't think so. I'm gonna watch it, hopefully they'll show some good Wipeout footage, it's always interesting to watch.

I for one could (and do) go without them. What's so special about seeing a few coasters on TV anyway? You've all seen the photos and videos of the rides on the Internet. The only thing new is the annoying presenter. I go to a theme park to get my theme park fix, don't know about you guys.

You would be surprised how much work they put into these 'specials'. When Great Outdoors went to Wonderland I was involved with filming and was surprised how much effort they put in. They were filming from about 9am to 6pm and were very interested to learn about the rides. Shelly (the presenter) is actually married to one of the, now ex, marketing managers, who along with Shelly used to work at a Gold Coast park. You people expect too much. First it's I want this ride, I want that ride. Don't worry if they cost way too much. Then it's this theming is crap, that theming is crap, blah blah blah. Now it's TV specials suck, you have to remember that the TV specials are done for the general public who love to see what’s new in the parks but don't care if the whole show is about parks or not. "The Bus is now leaving for ABLCS 9 Television Mast, South Australia"