Cobra at Tivoli Friheden in Aarhus, Denmark, derailed killing 1

Naazon

A 14-year-old girl from Copenhagen died on Thursday afternoon after a tragic accident at Tivoli Friheden in Aarhus. The girl's relatives have been notified.

A 14-year-old girl died in connection with the accident in Tivoli Friheden on Thursday.

This is stated by the East Jutland Police.

The accident happened in the ride Cobra. A 13-year-old boy has also sustained injuries to one hand. The boy's parents have also been notified, police said.

Tivoli Friheden was closed on Thursday afternoon after the accident on the Cobra roller coaster. Several eyewitnesses to TV2 ØSTJYLLAND knew this.

The park's director Henrik Olesen said at the time that two people had been injured.

We can see that the rear part of the train is in a way broken off, so it hangs under the rest. But I can not say more, or what has happened, he says to TV2 EAST JUTLAND.

The park is closed at least for the rest of the day, the director states.

East Jutland Police write in a press release that at 12.50 it received a report that a car was stuck in a ride in Tivoli Friheden, whereby several people were trapped.

The exact cause of the accident, including the death, must now be investigated via e.g. technical investigations and questioning of witnesses at the scene of the accident. There is currently going on. a massive investigative effort in Tivoli Freedom.

East Jutland Police strongly urge that you do not share photos and videos of the accident on social media or elsewhere. If you have material that may be relevant to the police investigation, the police must be contacted via 114.

The park has been emptied of guests and relatives and witnesses have gathered in Tivoli Friheden, where they are offered psychological assistance, among other things.

Witnesses who have information about the incident, please contact the East Jutland Police on tel. 114.

Here is some offride footage from the coaster from Coasterforce. This Sartori Energizer coaster opened on 27. June, 2008 and closed on 5. July, 2008 after the front car derailed and crashing to the ground injuring four people. It remained closed to repair the damage and construction flaws until 29. May, 2009 and has operated flawlessly ever since- until today.  It is a one of a kind installation.

Heartbreaking news. While there's about a one in a billion chance of an accident like this this happening, the rare occasion that it does is still an absolute tragedy. Fourteen is far too young. Thoughts are with her family.

I hadn't heard of this manufacturer before. Anyone know what their track record is like? It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this and whether the fault lies with park ops or the manufacturer (or a combination of both...)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

Heartbreaking news. While there's about a one in a billion chance of an accident like this this happening, the rare occasion that it does is still an absolute tragedy. Fourteen is far too young. Thoughts are with her family.

I hadn't heard of this manufacturer before. Anyone know what their track record is like? It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this and whether the fault lies with park ops or the manufacturer (or a combination of both...)

According to RCDB, they've only constructed 2 coasters that aren't wacky worms, and one of them is a spinning wild mouse, so this was by far their largest installation. Seems to me like they're a much smaller-scale Zamperla, Fabbri, SBF Visa, Reverchon, or Pinfari. As for the coaster itself's track record, the front car derailed and fell to the ground, injuring 4, very shortly after it's grand opening in 2008. Then, after almost a year of downtime, the ride system had multiple malfunctions on it's second opening day in 2009 (https://web.archive.org/web/20090601054840/http://jp.dk/indland/aar/article1709266.ece). So, in my opinion (based on the history above), it's at least partially due to a sketchy flat/kiddie manufacturer trying to branch out into thrills way too fast, and making an ultimately flawed/dangerous ride that should've closed before it opened.

Edited by Tricoart
Conclusion

On 15/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, Tricoart said:

According to RCDB, they've only constructed 2 coasters that aren't wacky worms, and one of them is a spinning wild mouse, so this was by far their largest installation. Seems to me like they're a much smaller-scale Zamperla, Fabbri, SBF Visa, Reverchon, or Pinfari. As for the coaster itself's track record, the front car derailed and fell to the ground, injuring 4, very shortly after it's grand opening in 2008. Then, after almost a year of downtime, the ride system had multiple malfunctions on it's second opening day in 2009 (https://web.archive.org/web/20090601054840/http://jp.dk/indland/aar/article1709266.ece). So, in my opinion (based on the history above), it's at least partially due to a sketchy flat/kiddie manufacturer trying to branch out into thrills way too fast, and making an ultimately flawed/dangerous ride that should've closed before it opened.

Sartori is a reputable manufacturer, mostly for Flat Rides though compared to coasters. They are well known for the Techno Jump model. They are also a major manufacturer of Kamikaze style rides (Along with Fabbri and ARM) so they aren't exactly a "dodgy" company like some others out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Sartori is a reputable manufacturer, mostly for Flat Rides though compared to coasters. They are well known for the Techno Jump model. They are also a major manufacturer of Kamikaze style rides (Along with Fabbri and ARM) so they aren't exactly a "dodgy" company like some others out there.

Yeah, I saw they made flats, I'm just saying as far as coasters go they've been a bit sketch