Trip Report

steve$

My day started at 11.00 am on Saturday 30 th October. I was waiting in my street for my brothers friends to arrive. When they all arrived we played some touch football before piling into the Trusty 8 seater Toyota Landcruiser. When we arrived at the park we went onto the very bottom floor of the underground carpack and walked up the stairs that come right into the park next to the ticket booth. I think that its great that there is a free entry into the park and also the fact that the staircase comes out next to the booth where the Lunas or unlimited ride passes are bought. All 5 of us kids got unlimited ride passes and my parents bought 21 lunas. We first entered coney island. The slides were the first thing we went to. I have bad memories of the freefall slide ( the big one) so i never ended up riding it, only the other slides that were open was the smaller ones. Although i think that any slides are great. I dont think there is any permanent slides at any of Australias theme parks. Next i went on the spinning wheel type thing that everybody sits on and people slowly fall off, I was the second last to fall off. Next Part coming soon

whenever i type a long post in the forums, i always select all and copy the text before hitting post. if its a VERY long post, when i complete each paragraph, i copy it, before starting the next one. if something happens (like the forums used to just lose my post if i had been typing for too long), i just paste and keep going..

Straight after leaving Coney Island to go out to Maloney's Corner where Spider and Ranger are. We first went to the Spider, which is a funst ride, Although my second ride seemed to be a bit more spinny. The theming on this ride is just plain, just a board wrapping around the back end of the platform with a really funny looking spider :) that was supposed to be on mars or some other planet far far away. After this we ran straight into the Ranger gondola(as there was no queues, we would just walk off and get straight back on) we rode it 5 times, and I was the only one who really enjoyed it. But nevertheless it is a great ride,in my opinion the best ride for thrills in the park. After leaving the Ranger we sat down and took some photos of the harbour, ranger, spider in action as well as some birthday photos as a group. We decided to go straight to the Wild Mouse. This looked like great fun and it lived up to my expections. After waiting about 10 mins in the queue line it was our turn. The small red car could fit 2 people, it had a cushioned seat bit going down the middle. The ride op had to push the car slightly down about 2 m of track facing the harbour, it then did a 90 degree turn and went down the smallest of dips into the foot of the lift hill. The lift was really quick, because of the small car. Once at the top you do a turn so that you are facing the harbour bridge, you then do 6-7 small non-banked turns that make it feel like you are going to go straight off the edge of the track. After this you do a dip and turn and do another circuit. Then two dips consecutively after you turn around yet again and go into the dip where the on-ride photo is taken. This is one of the best on-ride photo system i have ever seen. It captures you perfectly with the harbour bridge in the background. After this dip you turn around and return to the unloading station, down the stairs from there is the photo place. You pay there and they give a receipt to go pick your photo(s) from the gift shop. This is my favourite ride in the whole entire park. Next we thought that we would take a break and get something to eat. We went to the fast food place under flying saucer. We all got hot chips and they were delicious. My parents got a cappucino from a stand opposite the flying saucer and they liked their cappucino as well. We were all happy. Part 3 coming soon

Now for the final part of my trip report. Straight after getting something to eat we headed to the Flying Saucer. Might not have been such a great idea, but our time was running out and we had no time to waste. There was no queue for this ride(as usual)so we hopped on(feeling a bit nervous)But the ride started spinning as a reasonably fast pace until the hydraulic arm slowly rose to lift the wheel into a vertical position. I hurt my head when the ride got into a vertical position, and did not ride it again. The next thing was the ferris wheel. This is a great ferris wheel as it gives you views of the harbour and city and all the attractions of the park. This took about 10 mins to do and i had 25 mins until I had to leave the park. There was a rush to the Tumble Bug which was where the Big Dipper station used to be. The tumble bug is almost the same as the spider ride but with a couple of differences. The rides arms float up and down and it goes higher up then the spider. This is less fun than the spider because of the lesser speed and turns. Straight after this we ran to the Tango train. I love this ride, it is a great carnival type ride. I love the speed and the backwards and forwards movement. We rode this twice as there was hardly any queue for it. Last ride of the day,The Rotor, Only Matt and I wanted to ride this one the others decided to stand above and watch. The photos from this ride showed our faces stretch back. Some classic photos. So that was my day at Luna Park. I enjoyed it thoroughly. In four hours i rode everything in the park.

Thanks for the trip report. I would imagine four hours is more than enough time to spend at the park (and that's including you riding the rides multiple times). I have no idea how people can spend a whole day there - I just don't think it's designed for that. I also don't think I could go on any of those rides more than once - once is enough... spin and spew

These school educational trips are such a joke. I can't believe the teachers get away with it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - teachers are bludgers. I find it amazing that they try and pass it off as an educational excursion and yet (as steve$ said) they just let the kids go off and do their own thing and give them a bunch of photocopied worksheets. I've seen kids running around from ride to ride all day with no thought or discussion of 'physics' or anything else. It's essentially a pupil free day for the teachers as they sit back and have a cup of coffee or hop on a ride themselves. I'd like to say that at least these school groups are a good thing for the park but I was speaking to one of the ride ops and she said the students get ride passes at a massively discounted rate. So I don't think the park benefits much at all. steve$ - how was it being back at the park again after such a short time? How long did you guys spend there and did you do all the same rides again?

We had a great time although lots of people were sick from riding Ranger too many times.Or rotor.I rode Ranger 11 times in a row and Wild Mouse 10 times in total.We rode every single decent ride in the park at least 4 times, we spent 5 hours in the park. And im in an OC class(the smartest class in our school and the whole northern beaches) which a special test must be taken to get into. Only the Year 5 & 6 OC classes got to go. And it wasnt anything advanced on the work sheets, It was just theme park type questions. I could answer them all the night before the excursion.I want to attach a photo of the painting of the big dipper but i can't. How do u select the file from your Computer? I might have done it right though.

I can't believe the teachers get away with it. I've said it before and I'll say it again - teachers are bludgers.
That's a bit harsh don't you think? Teachers work damm hard at what they do. Remember without them everyone would use spelling and grammar like some people on this site. I agree that these 'educational' trips are a great bludge for students and teachers and I know at Wonderland the first thing the kids would do was 'lose' their work sheets, be it 'drop' it in the lake or get it wet on Snowy or simply throw it in the nearest bin. "The Bus is now leaving for Teach Dragun Draiocht, South Australia"