Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the effects on the ride originally both inside and out were based on Steam. 
Because of regulations around boiler safety and upkeep the steam effects were decommissioned to remove the need to maintain a boiler. 
Because it was steam the first few shots of the outside effects usually resulting in some less than pleasant water spray before everything had come up to temperature. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I saw some photos on the Movieworld Fan Club FB page with some of the track removed. TBH I was waiting for someone to post them here/upload their own.

Credit Warner Bros. Movie World Fan Club on FB.

The cuts don't look too rough - not in the same way they were when Sea Viper was removed, so perhaps there's some truth to the rumour that the ride is moving? Edit: Actually in that photo with Superman in the foreground, I figured if they were moving the ride they would have unbolted that join instead of cutting it... so perhaps this really is the end.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by franky
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, franky said:

The cuts don't look too rough - not in the same way they were when Sea Viper was removed, so perhaps there's some truth to the rumour that the ride is moving? Edit: Actually in that photo with Superman in the foreground, I figured if they were moving the ride they would have unbolted that join instead of cutting it... so perhaps this really is the end.

2.jpg

Those are 100% blowtorch marks in this photo. It’s pretty low res but it can be told based on the black ends on the steel. You can tell in the other image as well but obviously being a low res image it’s a lot more difficult.

Surprising that this is the first SLC to get the chop. You’d think based on how shit this ride was there’d be a few more

Edited by Baconjack

9 hours ago, rappa said:

Thank you for making me realise that crazy lady has obviously blocked me from that fb page for no reason 😛

Yeah they are a bunch of flogs on that site . I am hearing you.. Had the exact same problem. 
You cannot say anything remotely true if it’s negative.towards MW. 
The admin group are ruled by the crazy lady and her paramour friend-a moronic messenger if ever there was one. They aren’t all bad of course. There are a couple of them that are decent- they just let the main 🛎 ends influence their decisions.. Incidentally, most of them post on this forum, which is ironic given that they freely feel the need to block people from their site for dubious reasons and yet they want to be part of every other forum. Weird. Best to stay away and apart. They are mostly irrelevant. 

It's a bit deceptive, the track contains a lot of flanged sections that are welded. Means you could cut through them, grind them off and dress the cuts, then weld in new flange plates later with very little damage needing to be rectified to be reinstalled somewhere else. If it's not ending up in skip bins, it's probably being transported somewhere else. 

16 minutes ago, Levithian said:

It's a bit deceptive, the track contains a lot of flanged sections that are welded. Means you could cut through them, grind them off and dress the cuts, then weld in new flange plates later with very little damage needing to be rectified to be reinstalled somewhere else. If it's not ending up in skip bins, it's probably being transported somewhere else. 

Doubt.

Theres almost no chance this has a life past MW. 9 times out of 10 if a coaster has track and supports being carelessly cut off with blowtorches (especially at angles as seen in the photos) it’s off to the tip.

Here’s an example of a relocated ride of Arkham’s type. Note how everything has been unbolted at the flanges, no blowtorch marks in sight.

Below it is Arkham’s track, while locally produced, was built to the same spec. When Gold Coaster was first moved from Sydney to dreamworld I believe the track was unbolted and looked like this same cross section.

912F9F6E-0632-45EC-9D8F-B0D60D54C9B6.thumb.jpeg.2a9e8231cbb014747e52c03f8c516c3f.jpeg
3A1B44A1-9AA2-4305-83DE-EFB5B4C09B18.thumb.jpeg.923a75c47286d0d454bc15d35d2af2db.jpeg

Edited by Baconjack

43 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

On another note, there was concern earlier in this thread that the new coaster was going to be a Vekoma suspended family, but why is this the assumption? And how would you feel if it's a Vekoma suspended thrill?

Based on what was revealed at the staff town hall and subsequently leaked here, the stats of the coasters mentioned at that meeting are resemblant of that of off the shelf models from vekoma (the sfc is this model and the family boomerangs are this model)

At first I detested the idea of getting 3 coasters in the same category as Roadrunner, but I've warmed up to the idea of the suspended family coaster over time. I hear decent things about the model in question and it fits the family thrill ride category at MW (currently only occupied by Scooby and WWF) like a glove, but nonetheless the fact that Gumbuya World is currently building the exact same coaster as what MW is planning makes this addition a little disappointing, provided the plans haven't changed.

I think the general line of thought is that if they built another coaster of slightly greater thrill above the family boomerangs (above roadrunner but below superman/dcr) such as a suspended thrill coaster, MW's plans would be much better received.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic