Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

TL:DR - Return To Oz is owned by Disney and it's unlikely you'll bring those characters to Movie World.

If you don't want to read a century long history of the land of oz, skip the rest. If you want to read a page long rambling summary of the even longer Wiki article then settle down and read on...

Cheers for the history lesson, that was actually interesting to read and something I wasn’t aware of. Sucks we won’t see TikTok stomping around! 

49 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

The closest to a 'themed land' Australia really has is the Dreamworks Experience section of Dreamworld, which isn't that bad but doesn't add any F&B/Retail

Dreamworks does have its own retail store right outside Escape from Madagascar, “Cargo Hold” from memory it’s called. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

https://fb.watch/emhO5JWxwk/?mibextid=CbyEMU

thought it may have embedded the video but nope. Just a teaser by 7 news Gold Coast that a major announcement will be made tomorrow morning 

@Ogre You're on the news!

32 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

I still think we'll find out about 11:00pm tonight when the Bulletin updates.

Hope so, cause no way am I not staying up to see what this looks like

Edited by Tricoart

5 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

Just getting article now

- Opening 2024
- Two new rides (but really 3)
- Wizard of Oz Precinct
-  "like nothing we've ever done before'"
- new Marvin the Martian ride in Kids WB coming in 2023

Thank you!! 2024 seems far but it’ll come quick guys!!

43 minutes ago, ryengil said:

I found this thumbnail image on Goldcoast bulletin when I searched for movieworld! Emerald city, the farm house and the wicked witches castle! This looks incredible, seems like the next level theming we were hoping for! I cannot read the report because I have to pay, if anyone is signed up read and share!

ED4F4A49-4D3A-47D6-92FD-A84BA075A2C6.jpeg

i love the look of it, however i hope the execution of it will look this good. It does look like (at least from this angle, may not be the case) that the pathway connect Superman will no longer be available, as well as the pathway up to the fright night sheds up the back (im sure they will find a way to re-route it)

Besides that i’m looking forward to this and hopefully 2024 comes faster then we think. anyone know what type of ride the new Kids WB ride will be? 

3 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Besides that i’m looking forward to this and hopefully 2024 comes faster then we think. anyone know what type of ride the new Kids WB ride will be? 

Before someone in-the-know leaks it, I'm just gonna throw in a theory and say that directly after the quote about Marvin the Martian they show an artist's rendition of Trident. Maybe it'll be a swingchair, or some type of observation ride like it?

Edited by Tricoart

Bought the article too. I have to say they've done well to squeeze everything in but it does look pretty cramped. I'm surprised they didn't extend further back towards the Fright Nights shed and try to complete the loop towards the Wild West. Anyone have an idea what we're looking at in the Emerald City section? If I squint really closely, it looks like a seating/play areas with some shops/amenities.

2 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

Bought the article too. I have to say they've done well to squeeze everything in but it does look pretty cramped. I'm surprised they didn't extend further back towards the Fright Nights shed and try to complete the loop towards the Wild West. Anyone have an idea what we're looking at in the Emerald City section? If I squint really closely, it looks like a seating/play areas with some shops/amenities.

From what I can make out, there's an entrance/multiple pathways leading into the Emerald Castle, and there may be a little splash zone.

If the finished product looks even remotely near like that consider myself impressed. That’s a lot to promise given what Village has shown they’re willing to do in the last 10 years.

Looks like a sizeable chunk of the area will be re-using the old Lethal Weapon courtyard.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rivals said:

(at least from this angle, may not be the case) that the pathway connect Superman will no longer be available, as well as the pathway up to the fright night sheds up the back (im sure they will find a way to re-route it)

The article somewhat stresses the barn, which there's a large barn-like building situated close to Superman (also basically facing it as well), and in the image itself it seems like the path is just straight with no definitive beginning/end, so if I had to guess the barn-like structure beside Superman may be an entranceway connected to Superman's plaza. Either that or it's a dressed up facade to enclose whatever's inside the Emerald Castle

Edited by Tricoart

34 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

It will feature two family-friendly rides, including a multi launch coaster, capable of reaching speeds of almost 70 Km/h around a 454m track and a racing coaster where thrillseekers will travel simultaneously on two 220m tracks reaching speeds of up to 58KM/h.

It's not a multi launch coaster. It is 100% the Vekoma SFC 450 model. And the duelling boomerang model is a clone of "Tweestryd" at Wildlands Zoo Emmenseen.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's not a multi launch coaster. It is 100% the Vekoma SFC 450 model. And the duelling boomerang model is a clone of "Tweestryd" at Wildlands Zoo Emmenseen.

Probably is a typo on GCB’s part, but Village have to spin their addition somehow given that another park in Australia is literally building the same thing…

Here's my analysis:

1e1eabb0a416bc170f3475664e504e21.thumb.jpg.a8c821c4ac09ce4c9723130568c3a7b5.jpg

1) A barnyard-style building that serves as the entrance from the Superman plaza, rebuilt from the former Arkham queue building.

2) An enclosed walk-through of the woods area ("Lions, tigers and bears, oh my!), rebuilt from the Arkham loading station. The path continues, weaving through the SFC.

3) SFC entrance. Clearly, the SFC is themed to the Wicked Witch's castle. Guests will climb up and into the towers to board and exit through the gravel pathway just below the banked turn. 

4) Another (?) barn-style building, split in two, for the dueling Boomerangs. I believe the station would be on the left side, with a fork-off from the main road (the one that goes towards the SFC).

5) Emerald City plaza, with lots of things for the little ones to see, do and touch. Possible "yellow brick road" alleyway back to Main Street.

Could be off by a bit but that's just my two cents...

• Like 2

I wonder where they got their inspiration from for the SFC theme 👀

image.thumb.png.d83fe8caf16e4b8ca1a044e417851278.png

image.png.9334f80b255388c98ec9c6c6ceb19cee.png

"The E-Tickets here included a FLYING MONKEY COASTER where you “fly” with the Monkey’s on a mission (inverted coaster)". https://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2013/10/gary-goddards-wonderful-world-of-oz.html

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CR4ZE said:

Here's my analysis:

1e1eabb0a416bc170f3475664e504e21.thumb.jpg.a8c821c4ac09ce4c9723130568c3a7b5.jpg

1) A barnyard-style building that serves as the entrance from the Superman plaza, rebuilt from the former Arkham queue building.

2) An enclosed walk-through of the woods area ("Lions, tigers and bears, oh my!), rebuilt from the Arkham loading station. The path continues, weaving through the SFC.

3) SFC entrance. Clearly, the SFC is themed to the Wicked Witch's castle. Guests will climb up and into the towers to board and exit through the gravel pathway just below the banked turn. 

4) Another (?) barn-style building, split in two, for the dueling Boomerangs. I believe the station would be on the left side, with a fork-off from the main road (the one that goes towards the SFC).

5) Emerald City plaza, with lots of things for the little ones to see, do and touch. Possible "yellow brick road" alleyway back to Main Street.

Could be off by a bit but that's just my two cents...

So long as it also does connect to Main Street, that's a perfect family precinct in my book

• Like 1

• rappa changed the title to Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement