Spitballing Wild Ideas for the Future of Movie World

FlaffMaff

Why do people keep thinking Roadrunner will be made redundant by the new rides?

All 3 new coasters will be WAY more intimidating than Roadrunner for young/scared visitors. 
Plus having something to do whilst younger siblings ride the kiddie rides will always be a thing. 

One does not replace the other. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, rappa said:

Why do people keep thinking Roadrunner will be made redundant by the new rides?

All 3 new coasters will be WAY more intimidating than Roadrunner for young/scared visitors. 
Plus having something to do whilst younger siblings ride the kiddie rides will always be a thing. 

One does not replace the other. 

The intimidation factor is huge... but as someone with a 6 year old who only just reached the (increased) Roadrunner height requirement earlier this year - THIS is a big problem:

image.thumb.png.ff707c277ad52a35f94c0cf17adae305.png

image.thumb.png.7279db065742dc7714de25bef3dc2f62.png

These new rides will be able to accommodate smaller kids well before they are tall enough to ride Road Runner. The intimidation factor might play, but I can tell you, plenty of kids can't wait to be tall enough to ride all the big rides, and many are keen to ride as soon as they're tall enough to go.

Road runner will still have an audience, but it is going to get smaller. And we all know what happens to rides when ridership levels decrease.

• Like 3

The height restriction is very odd, Movieworld already increased the height requirement for Tijuana Taxis which seemed like a massive overexaggeration. I don't feel Road Runner is in for too much decrease though, the other 2 coasters will round out the day nicely for young kids (+ the new Marvin the Martian ride) so it really is just increasing the options for families.

1 hour ago, Vidgamer said:

The height restriction is very odd, Movieworld already increased the height requirement for Tijuana Taxis which seemed like a massive overexaggeration. I don't feel Road Runner is in for too much decrease though, the other 2 coasters will round out the day nicely for young kids (+ the new Marvin the Martian ride) so it really is just increasing the options for families.

I think the Taxis increase was appropriate. When you consider they have no ability to be 'co-piloted' by an adult for younger drivers (whereas Junior Driving School can) and if you've ever watched the painfully slow progress riders make when a smaller kid is in the lead car who can't drive \ steer \ reach the pedals properly - and has to be assisted all the way around by the ride op - it's a disaster.

While the height increase has disappointed some kids who rode the previous year, that will quickly resolve itself in short order, but it was necessary for the efficiency of the attraction. Speedy's does still have a place, even beside JDS - though for how long I'm not sure. 

As for Road Runner vs the new coasters, agree that these will offer more for that "mid-level family" demo that has been lacking, so I don't think RRRC will become irrelevant - just less so than now.

12 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If you've ever watched the painfully slow progress riders make when a smaller kid is in the lead car who can't drive \ steer \ reach the pedals properly - and has to be assisted all the way around by the ride op - it's a disaster.

#Triggered haha

As an ex ride op of this ride, And Taz Cars the PTSD is real haha

I’d suggest re-theming the Doomsday area to be Western themed again, maybe go with a water pump or windmill for the ride. Woodie in next to WWF.

Let’s re-theme Gotham City area to something more in the Scooby Doo universe. That then keeps DC to the front corner. Dirty Harrys needs to change too.

Next, let’s turn the Intencity building, plus the stage-right area of the stunt show space into a ride building. Make it two storey like Transformers or Rise of Resistance to get more ride for same space.

Stunt Show space gets properly enclosed and air-conditioned (hot and wet isn’t going away), and this becomes a theatre with stage, flys, lighting rigs - let’s find a way to use the talented performers already employed for more than just a parade.

If there is scope to move administrative functions away from the park proper, let’s do that and then move the All Star diner (which was AP processing last time I went) back to that now vacant admin space near KidsWB, it can share kitchen with the buffet, and then we have space for another attraction to run along the fence on Main Street.

48 minutes ago, ads086 said:

I’d suggest re-theming the Doomsday area to be Western themed again.

I agree of re-theming the Doomsday area back to full western theme again. Definitely keep the Dirty Harry Bar. 

I would like to see the Doomsday theming mixed in with Justice League, with a new ride system.

All very solid ideas, I think retiming the Supervillain Precinct back to Wild West is a solid idea, it also gives the opportunity to add a smaller family ride alongside a woodie to give the area solid variety. Think the Mine Carts teacups at Warner Park in Spain.

Removing the Gotham City Hall and Cafe next to Scooby Doo is a great idea, though I think theming the area to a more broad 'Cartoon' area (i.e. Cartoon Junction at WB Abu Dhabi) would be cool provided they rename WB Kids back to Looney Tunes Village, just so there aren't two areas that share names suggesting very similar things. Though I think relocating the Gotham City Cafe and Hall to the front of the park rather than just demolishing them would work best as it makes that area feel at least a bit more immersive.

Dirty Harry's I'm a bit eh on, it feels like a park icon but I do see why it could be changed.

Dark ride is a brilliant idea, maximises space and everything. Lots of themes to play around with as well. Same with the stunt show and All Star Diner, smaller fixes but work miles better.

Overall these ideas could do so much to improve the park, I really like the Scooby Doo Universe thing and having a dark ride would be perfect for MW considering they're only one currently is a bit uh... y'know. Great stuff.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Absolutely not, no way, nup, never!

Not only is it a park institution, but actually has a connection to an A-List Hollywood legendary super star from opening day, and when was the last time one of those visited the park?

Don't touch Dirty Harry Bar!

If anything i'd make Dirty Harry's even better. My focus would be primarily improving the dining/drinking areas whilst leaving the bar itself as is. At present, the indoor space has the atmosphere of a Sizzler's restaurant and the outside seating area isn't exactly the bees knees either. Finding a way to adjoin the two spaces with the focus of retaining what make's Dirty Harry an institution would be the goal. I think the biggest issue with the indoor seating is just how closed off it is. By making the rear dining section more open, I think you open up more potential for people to sit and consume more F&B instead of feeling like they're missing out and need to get in and get out. Attached are some moodboard style pictures of kind of how it looks in my mind.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 4.07.51 pm.jpg

1600x1600-16.jpeg

image.jpg

On 21/07/2022 at 8:57 AM, Vidgamer said:

Haven't ridden Road Runner with the new trains but have the restraints changed from the upgrade? That could be part of the reason given height restrictions are based on manufacturer advice (see: 196cm max height restriction for most intamin coasters in australia)

Edited by Baconjack

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Haven't ridden Road Runner with the new trains but have the restraints changed from the upgrade? That could be part of the reason given height restrictions are based on manufacturer advice (see: 196cm max height restriction for most intamin coasters in australia)

the restraints have changed since the upgrade (pictured below) however, the 110cm height restrictions was put in black a while before the new trains, so maybe the new trains have the same restrictions and they just haven’t been able to change it. here’s the restraint change: 

old trains: 

BEC84995-7C29-47C1-B50B-0745F5D8785C.thumb.jpeg.0eae0ea4ffa2a445558ac5b41b798f85.jpeg

(shared lap bar with an individual seatbelt added months prior to the new trains)

new trains: 

CB21E1A8-E896-4479-BAD6-D6B68EF0B4F4.thumb.jpeg.2003cfcfa94cb054ee512d4f8abc959f.jpeg

(individual lap bars with no seat belt)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aussienetman said:

What's this ride? I am just curious 🤣

Loki Drayton Manor - Zamperla Nebulaz 

That model would’ve worked so well in the WoO area as it would’ve rounded out the area so well imo, maybe in the future they could expand and install one into the area🤞🏼

Edited by Rivals

49 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

What theme would it lend itself to particularly well? What part of the Oz story does it fit?

The area is missing the whole Munchkinland (Future expansion perhaps?), so why not theme it to the start of the Yellow Brick road, which is a swirl in the movie, or to the Lollipop Guild Munchkins and have the sides swirly like lollipops?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

The area is missing the whole Munchkinland (Future expansion perhaps?), so why not theme it to the start of the Yellow Brick road, which is a swirl in the movie, or to the Lollipop Guild Munchkins and have the sides swirly like lollipops?

image.png.de526faee62466d713d2a5c5ad193baf.pngIsn't that what this part of the courtyard is?

8573069169f0938608a451ddce4b4746.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

It is, but doesn't mean they couldn't add a flat here later on down the track.

I didn't say that (although I am very much about to) - I was just noting you said munchkinland was missing when it does appear to be there.

The Lethal \ Arkham courtyard has always been spitballed as a prime spot for a flat ride. Looking at the courtyard now however, they've filled what is a basketball court sized space with the Emerald City facade, munchkinland and the start of the yellow brick road, and what appears to be a poppy field. Though not pictured, I think its fair to assume the section of he courtyard we cant see backing against Scooby's ghost train section is probably going to have Scarecrow \ Tinman \ Lion themed scenes, as this would give a 360 degree storyline from the Kansas homestead, all the way to Emerald City and the Witch's castle. 

With so much packed into this space, i'm not sure that the area will have any room left for expansion without thematically ruining the designs. What I can see is that the walkway to the castle abuts a greenfield site that could squeeze a flat ride in without impacting too much on the studios, while maintaining the existing themed areas.

What does everyone think is going to go inside the 'Emerald City' facade, if anything? Is that whole area just going to be similar to Doomsday, as somebody mentioned above, where it's all just decoration (and obviously interactives in Doomsday's case)? At the moment there's the old Leathal Weapon pre-show room behind the proposed Emerald City facade, which I guess then joins the old Arkham queue building and eventually the Arkham station

Edited by GoGoBoy

The press release mentioned projection mapping, which does just sound like their latest buzzword for things - but indoors is generally necessary for daytime effects like this, so my guess is a walkthrough or experiential area of sorts with that sort of interior. 

It'd be interesting if they retail it with some emerald city themed outlets... if I recall there was some sort of beauty salon (hey, it worked in Trolls village!) as well as the straw-stuffing station for scarecrow etc etc. Perhaps some of the more specific elements would be projection, leaving retail spaces for fun themed candy or novelty stores and merch etc.