New Kids Ride at Movie World - April 2023

themagician

With yesterdays announcement, Movie World also announced there would be a nice kids ride opening in April 2023 within the Kids WB area and would be themed around Marvin the Martian.

What are everyone’s thoughts on what this could be and where it will be located?

I’d assume the best/available location would be where the original Marvin the Martian ride once stood.

the first thing i thought was that it could be at the hut located next to the entrance of the area? there’s been a big wall around it for a while now and it just doesn’t really fit into the area.

does anyone know what type of ride it will be, or is it the same type of ride as the original Marvin the Martian ride that was in the area?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the park the other day and noticed what appeared to be some senior staff members looking at/discussing this seating area directly across from the site of the former Marvin attraction. Could this be the area designated for the new ride?
B24CE682-0746-4159-9282-5982EFF37FBA.thumb.jpeg.683f2ebd3b908f9ae63c849dac6aa6b3.jpeg

If it truly is an SBF Swing Tower as rumoured, would it fit in this location? If so, it seems like a good fit. The ground is already level and all Movie World would theoretically need to do is remove a few shades, plants, trees, lights and In-Ground Speakers and the area should be “good to go” for a new attraction to be built relatively quickly without the need for major ground works. It’ll be interesting to keep an eye on. 

There still hasn’t been any changes made to the former rocket ride site either. 
14670D64-84FE-453E-AA6C-96AA56444102.thumb.jpeg.5228bc5ff3f28abcdc4bae1fd39ab89c.jpeg

Edited by Noll_57
Added extra text
  • Like 2

Good catch! It's usually dead quiet there so I guess it makes sense to use the space. I did like using it as a rest zone during the busier days though. Once my party brought food from Dirty Harry's all the way over there when everywhere else was packed, haha.

1 hour ago, joz said:

Total aside but those hedges are gorgeous.

Let's hope they evade Marvin's wrath.

• Like 1

You really wouldn't want to put it where the old ride was. 2/3 of the view would be looking at back of house and the driving school roof. Ideal spot would have been where the big tree and stage is. But it would be a huge shame to have removed the tree, so Im glad that hasn't happened. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Levithian said:

You really wouldn't want to put it where the old ride was. 2/3 of the view would be looking at back of house and the driving school roof. Ideal spot would have been where the big tree and stage is. But it would be a huge shame to have removed the tree, so Im glad that hasn't happened. 

Putting the ride where the big tree is would block the main thoroughfare into the area and potentially cause a lot of congestion. I think the spot they’ve chosen is the best. That area has desperately needed some attention anyway. 

6 hours ago, Levithian said:

You really wouldn't want to put it where the old ride was. 2/3 of the view would be looking at back of house and the driving school roof. 

A very good point, but do we know what the ride is yet? 
Cause it might not be very high, so it wouldn’t matter if it was where the Marvin ride used to be.