Demon Sold

Bussy

I just hope it stays in the country Gazza thats all. It would be a shame for Australia to lose a coaster of this stature to another country,even if it is close to 16 years old. I honestly dont think that any of the Gold Coast parks will touch it but it would be a great inclusion for a few of the smaller parks such as Aussie World,Adventure World or even Luna Park ,Melbourne.(Which would be very ironic since that was meant to be its original destination) Cheers Jobe

Sorry to disappoint you all but Demon was sold to Visionland in Alabama for $1.7 million. I sent an email to Visionland asking if my information was correct and here are the responses to my emails.

From :  Joel Worthington   Sent :  Thursday, 4 November 2004 7:23:27 PM   Subject :  RE: Coming from Australia     Yes, we actually are planning on getting a Boomerang from a park in Sydney, Aus.  Keep checking our website for times and prices for next season. Visionland.com Joel
From :  Joel Worthington   Sent :  Friday, 5 November 2004 4:22:10 PM   Subject :  RE: Coming from Australia     We are not sure of the name as of now and we are also not sure what colors we will use.  We are putting it on a hill in the park. This will make you higher from the walking surface to bring more thrill, hopefully.  If you have any more questions, feel free to send them.   Joel
Do you guys want anymore proof? "The Bus is now leaving for Point Vision, Tasmania"

I don't ever remember Demon being at Melb Luna park.............. :|
It never was. But after Expo in Brisbane, it was rumoured that Titan was meant to be going to Luna Park in Melbourne. Something happened and the deal fell through, so Wonderland stepped in and bought it - rebranding it as Demon. Was the price of $1.7 million quoted by Visionland? If so, does that make it in American $$?

So glad to hear we are rid of that horrible boomerang.
Fair-dinkum you guys are a pack of wingers! Id rather ride demon ANY day over something like cyclone or corkscrew. Sure it was a bit rough, and the maintence left something to be desired but it was still a good and solid thrill ride. From the last 2 visits i had at wonderland i can honestly report that demon had the longest ques ALL DAY! From people ive talked to since wonderlands closure demon has been the most talked about ride that was there. Ive lost count of the people that have said "they can move it to my place"! If it was a pos that you guys claim it to be then it wouldnt have been so popular. Besides if someone hadnt had the vision to move it to WLS in the first place then 90% of the people that got the chance to ride it wouldnt have had that chance at all! So be a bit thankfull for goodness sake!!!

It never was. But after Expo in Brisbane, it was rumoured that Titan was meant to be going to Luna Park in Melbourne. Something happened and the deal fell through, so Wonderland stepped in and bought it - rebranding it as Demon. Was the price of $1.7 million quoted by Visionland? If so, does that make it in American $$?
Ahhh yes I did hear bout that, shame they ended up with the Galaxy, because Demon would have stayed round for many many more years!, just like I wish LPMelb had bought Ranger of wittingslow when they operated it there, and when Wittingslow planned to lease Rainbow to them!

I will never be thankful for the Demon, never. I realise some people liked it (well being the only steel coaster for most of the time in Sydney ofcourse it was popular.. there was no competition for it) but I always hated it. Way too rough with too many inversions packed close together. I used to get off feeling sick and with a headache. I am a much bigger fan of full circuit coasters which have a nice combination of hills, corners and inversions. Most of Australia just doesn't know what a REAL roller coaster is like

I will never be thankful for the Demon, never. I realise some people liked it (well being the only steel coaster for most of the time in Sydney ofcourse it was popular.. there was no competition for it) but I always hated it. Way too rough with too many inversions packed close together. I used to get off feeling sick and with a headache. I am a much bigger fan of full circuit coasters which have a nice combination of hills, corners and inversions. Corkscrew is a much better ride. But generally most Australians just don't know what a decent roller coaster is like. If you wet yourself over Demon - I can't imagine how excited you'd be after getting off one of the incredible coasters over in the States

Was the price of $1.7 million quoted by Visionland? If so, does that make it in American $$?
No not American, Australian dollars which converts to about $1.3 million US. I guess you could say Visionland got a bargain. "The Bus is now leaving for Bargajoc Well, Western Australia"