DWs New Coaster Bets

Gazza

So, if Slicks info hold true and DW does get a new coaster next year, what do you think it will be. My bet is going to either an Intamin 10 or 8 looper sitdown, they seem to like Intamin and a coaster like that would not be too expensive, plus if they got the 10 looper they would get a record to brag about. So, what would everone else bet on them getting, this is not a thread to post what you want them to get, but what you think they will get.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamworld sure would have something to brag about if they got a ten looper but that dosent seem like the type of ride that dreamworld could have. I mean thats the type of ride for places like cedar point or a six flags park somewhere. Personally i think that would be great and so would dreamworld but they don't need anything like that and they could do fine with a coaster that has only a few inversions or even none(like millenium force or magnum xl-200) which are still rated as some of the worlds best coasters although the drop is what makes them famous. They could try a coaster like The incredible hulk(I think thats the one with the inversion straight of the lift hill)and painted green.THats a great ride

So you honestly think that in 12 or so months time there will be an incredible hulk type coaster at DW. I beg to differ on what you ahve said on intamin 10 or 8 loopers, no Six Flags parks or Cedar Fair parks own one. There is Monte Makaya at Terra Entacarda in Brazil, Avalancha at Xetulul in Guatemala and Colossus at Thorpe Park in the UK, 2 out of those parks are not exactly famous, so I can easily see DW getting one. And another Point Xetulul has only one other coaster, a Zeirer family coaster, and Terra Entacarda has 2 other coasters, a Galaxy and a Zamperla Dragon. But DW has RAR, Eureka Mountain, Cyclone and TOT and is a much bigger park in general so if parks smaller than DW can get one then there is a good chance we could get one too.

You can guess but no one will know for sure now both parks are getting thrill rides next yet but none of the parks are 100% on what they are yet. It will most likely be a game of cat and mouse to see who announces there 1st so the other park can counter with a better option.

That's actually wrong Rabid. My sister-in-law works in certain parts with construction and the plans have already been confirmed for the TB area. Also, the word from today inside the park (which is also what I have heard outside of the park) is that there will be about three or so smaller thrill rides being put in. My bet currently for a coaster would be an inverted, flyer or stand-up. Dreamworld knows how much we go on about capacity, and I honestly think that to hit back at the capacity issue, its going to have to be B&M. 4X6 trains would definitely hit the spot, and those smaller rides, whether or not they will be major thrill rides, will give a lot of variety to the already growing amount of attractions. The reasons why I have said, Inverted, flying or standup is because two of these are not yet in Australia and will give the General Public something new and different, and even if Dreamworld were to go with a B&M inverted, it would still certainly kick Lethal Weapon's ass that's for sure. And as for photos from my trip down south today, we have a lot of colourful painting going on around Main street, which is excellent to see, Wipeout is still dead, Tower Of Terror has gotten even lower than STE, one side was working on GD, and the park was packed. What more could you want? There's also been some work on the area around Tower Of Terror. Remember how the whole area was squashed? Its not anymore baby!

Claw is a high capacity ride right? They hit the nail on the head there. Slick,do you really think DW is going to get something as extravegant as B&M? I think it will be an intamin,and as someone mentioned they have beenfollowing the paramount parks a bit lately,so we might get something similar to their rides.

There's also been some work on the area around Tower Of Terror. Remember how the whole area was squashed? Its not anymore baby
What do you mean. I hope your right in your guess about an invert,flying or standup, it would be great, but will DW be willing to take the plunge with them? A 10 looper differs from other record breakers in the way it is more reliable and not too expensive, and anyway DW has held records before, why not again, who knows, amybe they might try to hold the record outright and have 6 barrel rolls.

Before to get to the Tower Of Terror, you had to go through this incredibly cramped pathway off Tiger Island to get there. Now the area, including parts of the entrance too have had work on them, freeing up more space for better access, something I have wanted for ages. But I personally reckon the whole area needs some touch-ups. The skull isn't exactly in the best condition, there a holes in the themeing where you can see right through it, and overall the whole area still does stink. I still stand by my ideas of a B&M. Some of Dreamworld's head people have done overseas VIP trips having a look at all the different coasters, and like I said, they know they have capacity problems. And wha a better way to fix it than a nice big flyer, standup or inverted? And in regards to records, The Claw doesn't hold any records, but they still market it as "the biggest pendulum on the planet" and "the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere". And yes, The Claw in my opinion is probably one of the highest capacity rides in the park.

Slick it doesnt matter what ride they get it wont help with crowds unless they provide the ride op's to run it. Eg If MW and DW were to get B&M with 4 seats across, MW would have 4 ride ops where DW would only have 2 ride ops. and history has shown this with Lethal Weapon Compared to Cyclone, so I have my fingers crossed DW new CEO knows this and provides the right amount of ride ops. And if you dont beleve me just ask Joz or Rich they know the issue of staff im typing about.

Slick it doesnt matter what ride they get it wont help with crowds unless they provide the ride op's to run it. And if you dont beleve me just ask Joz or Rich they know the issue of staff im typing about.
I do realise that for sure, but, I didn't say anything about ride-ops did I? I am only talking about the actual ride itself and its capcity, not the actualy capacity of the ride-ops. But can you see what happens when the ride is a better design? Let's look at Wipeout and the claw in comparison. Both cost about the same, but Wipeout's design i.e. when the carriage comes into dock, takes a significantly long time to do, which is something that a ride-op can't avoid compared to The Claw's docking system which is extremely simple minus the current electrical problems. :D

Unless the park can come up with a ride that does not require staff to load it, then they will never overcome the problems with the loading time for any ride built within the park. After talking with the park today, the responce that I received is that the park will be making a final choice for a new attraction before x-mas and it will open late next year. The choice has yet to be made on the type of ride that the park will be building next year. The only thing that was confirmed is that there should be a new ride opening next year something, nothing else was said on the matter at this time. So if you so that the park is getting something and that they have started in the process of building, then show something in a picture and I will gladly give you the credit that is yours. If not, then I think it wise to treat everything posted about a new ride as a rumor unless it is from the park. Sorry dude, but this is the only way to keep fact from fiction. :)

and I honestly think that to hit back at the capacity issue, its going to have to be B&M. 4X6 trains would definitely hit the spot
Yes, those B&M trains that fit 24 people would be much better capacity then the Arrow train on Cyclone which carries 24 people :confused: I know what you mean though; B&M make rides that when run properly have a good capacity. Having said that, B&Ms run poorly (Like those at say, Magic Mountain) can have long queues which hardly ever move. Getting one company over another to design a roller coaster isn't going to improve efficiency, that’s something Dreamworld has to do itself. Though it'd help Dreamworld out greatly if they built a ride that has a realistic, high capacity when run properly. Dreamworld was hoping (publicly at least) to have Cyclone doing 500pph when it first opened, which would about 21 laps, or about one dispatch every 2.5 mins. Anyone who has ever been on Cyclone (or pretty much any single train coaster) would know that a cycle time of under 3 mins is near impossible. Even Corkscew takes about 3 and a half/4 mins between cycles, and that’s a shorter ride, with a more efficient set of station brakes and far superior station with 2 staff. Dreamworld had no hope of getting Cyclone to that sort of capacity, they need a ride where its possible to hit the capacity, and B&M supply them.

I went to dreamwrld yesterday, and asked my friend if she had heard anything about new rollercoaster, and she hadent. I asked if she knew why the bobcat and utes were at the thunderbolt site but she didnt evevn know it had happend:( so i cant help on info as of yet. Although there is talk about the new waterpark, and about the convention centre

I dont think so. Dreamworld probably arent going to get another flat ride, they already have enough and besides, the world record breaking rides at dreamworld have gotten a bit old and are starting to slow down or break down a bit more often and while they will be great. People need something new to ride at Dreamwolrd,something full-on and intense just like Tower of Terror when first opened. A decent coaster could really increase Dreamworlds popularity and confirm their status as one of the best parks for fresh and innovative thrills.

i'd laugh if dreamworld got in contact with Meshio and got a new thunderbolt because the ride lasted a while and if it was like the other it will last another 20 years but i think we are in for another Intamin or Vekoma ride once again Dreamworld please get a B+M so Aussie parks can see what they need a quality B+M Ride and it will set the parks straight!