DWs New Coaster Bets

Gazza

Im going to type what I think and what I have heard and lets see how true it will be at this time next year (1) Bobcat is on thunderbolts site to remove things like the footers from Thunderbolt and the station. (2) when I heard the CEO on the Radio say he was shopping for a coaster he didnt give a time frame, so im going to say 2006. (3) After discussing this with fellow industry people, In 2005 Dreamworld will join it's sister parks Paramount's and build Boomerang Bay. (I have heard water from a number of different sources.) (4) Movie World will blow everybody away in 2005 There I said and if I get more then 2 of them wrong at this time next Year I will run around Coomera Naked.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to type what I think and what I have heard and lets see how true it will be at this time next year (1) Bobcat is on thunderbolts site to remove things like the footers from Thunderbolt and the station. (2) when I heard the CEO on the Radio say he was shopping for a coaster he didnt give a time frame, so im going to say 2006. (3) After discussing this with fellow industry people, In 2005 Dreamworld will join it's sister parks Paramount's and build Boomerang Bay. (I have heard water from a number of different sources.) (4) Movie World will blow everybody away in 2005 There I said and if I get more then 2 of them wrong at this time next Year I will run around Coomera Naked.
You aren't far wrong with those predictions (at this stage). There's not going to be a Roller Coaster for quite some time. Steve$, it isn't for the development of a flat ride, it's more to do with Rabid's first point. I'll let you all find out for yourselves what they end up doing with the area... lol. Don't know exactly about point number 4, I presume you know more details then I do Rabid, but from what I've heard, Movie World are lifting their game and if Dreamworld doesn't watch it, they're going to face some further competition in terms of thrills. However, I am confident that the progress Dreamworld has planned will keep them progressing.

And there's certainly nothing wrong with a bit of healty competition between the two parks. Of course, in terms of UNO, Movie World looks to be playing the "Draw Four". Dreamworld continually up their thrill ride arsenal. I don't think there's any secrets in the fact that we can expect plenty more thrill rides in the not-so-immediate short-term. Four years ago they invested deeply into the wildlife market with Australian Wildlife Experience. Two years ago the family market with Nickelodeon Central. The only sour spot in Dreamworld's current lineup is the Blue Lagoon water park. Follow the past trends, as well as the more recent trend that seems to involve Paramount Parks in America and I don't think you can go too wrong.

Whatever dreamworld gets next, it will be good :) But hopefully we do see a rollercoaster....otherwise were no better than movieworld, taking out a ride just to replace with one....And its not like movieworld had heaps to offer ride wise and they still did this. Dreamworld has alot of rides and i still dont like that they took out the tbolt and added another ride. They should try and get a bigger ride tally, not keep taking one out to replace. :) (remeber i like movieworld too...just a general comment..k

I am now thinking that the new attraction for next year will get everyone very "WET". But with what WBMW is rumored to be getting next year, well the sky is the limit and I will be waiting to deceide on which park to get the yearly ticket for. News to Hand......Mammoth Falls to be relocated to Seaworld next year with an new attraction to open at WNW next year. Please treat as a rumor only at this time.

I would also like a launch/top hat rollercoaster, but u can bet dreamworld arnt going to do it. They would not build a ride similar to TOT (which they kinda are the same) and total beat it speed wise, what a waste of their original 16million. Movieworld how ever could build one the same as dragster, then they would have one up on dreamworld:) However the GP may say its the same as TOT any how.

There's not going to be a Roller Coaster for quite some time.
Obstructure,why do you think DW is so incapable of getting a new coaster soon?Stephen Gregg said they would be getting one himself,and why not?There doing well at the moment. Seeing as they have opened Nick Central,Tomb Raider,and a Gyro Swing,all which come from the Paramount parks,we might get a coaster simmilar to one of theirs.Or Boomerang Bay as Rabid said.

Obstructure,why do you think DW is so incapable of getting a new coaster soon?Stephen Gregg said they would be getting one himself,and why not?There doing well at the moment. Seeing as they have opened Nick Central,Tomb Raider,and a Gyro Swing,all which come from the Paramount parks,we might get a coaster simmilar to one of theirs.Or Boomerang Bay as Rabid said.
Yes, they will be getting one, but not in the near future. The work going on at the thunderbolt site at the moment is definitely not for a new roller coaster, which is pretty much what this thread was initially about.

I can't believe the narrow-sightedness that is here. The CEO says in a radio interview that the park is investigating options for their next coaster, which somehow translated to everyone that they are building a new coaster next year. It's good to know that everyone here knows what's better for Dreamworld than Dreamworld do.

Well you seem to think that you know how to run stuff more efficiently than they do. And anyway, I was going by what slick said that a coaster has been confirmed by one of his contacts. Quote: Originally Posted by Gazza If its not for a coaster then what is it? Who said it had to be a ride? Nobody did Obstructure.

I'm also going with what Slick said,and not just because I want DW to get a new coaster but because as I said DW is doing well at the moment,and they would do even better with a new coaster,and that would also helo counter MW's new thrill ride. Stephen Gregg said he was shopping around for the right coaster,so it looks pretty promising in my opinion.

I think there's just a bit of a difference between my thoughts on efficiency, and all these comments that seem to suggest that a new coaster is the only way Dreamworld can go. For one thing my comments on efficiency are all based on observations, comparisons to other parks and the like. I don't see much of that here.

From what I have gathered, I know that Dreamworld have been definitely been around the parks recently to check out what is hot in America. Now, I personally think that a coaster, particularly a multiple train coaster will do the park just the trick. But that's not the only necessity from my point of view. I'm thinking something with an inversion count of more than four, just to give some more thrilling at Dreamworld, seeming the entire park only has two inversions on their coasters. Now, I'm also thinking of something, like steve$ said, that will make a newly added icon to the park. Need I say flyer anyone? I have thought this through since the claw opened, and I honestly would be thinking something unique or freshly done, i.e. something not yet here in the land of OZ (rocket coaster MAUAHA). And to add a bit more to the park, allow the ride to take up a small portion of the space, and that the area nearest to ocean parade have several smaller thrill rides to continue to keep and atmosphere. And i realise that having a new waterpark would be just perfect, as I for one seem to enjoy them alot, but, if Dreamworld were to build a new water park where TB is, what would happen to Blue Lagoon? Two water parks perhaps? Perhaps not.