DWs New Coaster Bets

Gazza

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DW does get a Boomerang Bay I hope it isn't as tacky in terms of theme compared to the Boomerang Bays in the U.S. Why is it when something is given an Aussie theme they instist on filling it with cliches that only apply to a small amount of the Australian people. If they do stick with an Aussie theme they should put some thought into it and actually make it properly australian, for example by using lots of australian native plants and naming rides better instead of things like Bondi Pipeline or Coolongatta Falls.

Why is it when something is given an Aussie theme they instist on filling it with cliches that only apply to a small amount of the Australian people.
What else would you expect? A water park themed to suburban Sydney? I have always thought the name selections for the Boomerang Bays were deplorable, but the idea of theming is that you create something different and unique.

2 points I would like to add. (1) from friends I known in America I can tell you they loved Boomerang Bay when it opened this year, also it was such a sucess that Paramount Great America are increasing its size 2 times bigger the the space that open this year. (2)

naming rides better instead of things like Bondi Pipeline or Coolongatta Falls.
Like: Rabid's hole of doom Rich's twists of Fury Slick's slippery when wet Joz's this slide isnt as good as Seaworld And Not forgetting Rabids Summer of Love Pool Side Bar.

Well, I meant that it could be Australian, but less tacky. What about a wave pool, but the area around it could be like a real australain beach, there could be a couple of red and yellow flags, those high seats where the lifsavers sit, and maybe a building inspired by a surf club building somewere at the front of the wave pool area. You could also have a daintree rainforest type area, with natural looking slides that wind their way past ferns and palms, with misters. Or what about modeling some pools on some other australian locations, like the 12 apostles for example. All they did at boomerang bay is just got a few brightly coloured stock waterslides and stuck a bad name on them, and I certainly hope they dont do something so tacky.

And that wouldn't be cliché Gazza? I agree that what Paramount did end up with is somewhat tacky, but it's no worse than your average water park. You must keep in mind, (more so with Kings Island than Great America) that the climates vary greatly from those in Australia. Good luck keeping tropical plants alive come winter.

Why don't they do something original? Something like an Artic theme. Fake ice and snow everywhere, artificial icebergs etc etc etc. They could even have one day a year where they bring in snowmakers and chunks of ice, it would be just like the Bondi Icebergs except without the rich snobs from the eastern suburbs. "The Bus is now leaving for Ice Brook, Tasmania"

I think I've said this before already here or to other people. If Dreamworld "hypothetically" put a waterpark where th TB used to be, what will happen to Blue Lagoon. Would you seriously reckon they would have two seperate waterparks or that they would bulldose a perfectly profitable waterpark?

Yes and you could use the current location of Blue Lagoon for a big wooden coaster. It would suit the theme of the area much better (Rocky Hollow/Goldrush). I also think having a great new waterpark as an extension to Ocean Parade in the TB area (you'd give waterpark area a slightly different name - Ocean Something Else) is a perfect fit

Yes and you could use the current location of Blue Lagoon for a big wooden coaster. It would suit the theme of the area much better (Rocky Hollow/Goldrush). I also think having a great new waterpark as an extension to Ocean Parade in the TB area (you'd give the waterpark area a slightly different name - Ocean Something Else) is a perfect fit

Blue Lagoon is a collection of three different slides and one small main pool. The area has been there for 21 years with no additions. I can't imagine it holds itself together as well as it once did, much like Thunderbolt wasn't exactly its original self by the time it closed. Obviously if Dreamworld were to build a new water park, it will result in the closure of the existing one. I see no harm in that - Blue Lagoon must be one of the most underutilised sections of the park (both from a guest and management perspective).