matty_o's RCT2 & RCT3 Park Recreations

matty_o_911

I do have a new computer now, however the graphics card I have is not as good as I probably would have liked. But it runs RCT3, just on lower graphic settings than I used to so my quality will be a little lower, but so long as it works that is the main thing, and depending on how busy I get, I will probably start building things again. At this stage I won't be continuing with Cedar Point just yet if ever because it is one HUGE park and takes a very long time and the game isn't really designed for parks that large. But I am thinking of recreating another Australian park, mostlikely Seaworld (even though it is more scenery than rides but it would probably look good in the game) or MovieWorld which I already made in RCT2 but I could transfer it into game 3. Since I have never built Seaworld properly before, I am leaning more towards trying it out at this stage, but if the general consensus of these forum visitors would rather see MovieWorld in RCT3 then just tell me and I will try it. Also if anyone has any recent maps of either of these parks which they could scan and email to me for example, or knows where I can find them online it would be appreciated, as my maps are a few years old and I don't know whether the maps have changed since. (I do realise that park layouts haven't changed since last time, but in making a recreation it is made easier by having a number of different maps as the illustrations are not always accurate so it is necessary to compare two different versions to get something as close as possible.) Anyway, I hope to start on the weekend sometime on a new park, unless that is of course I decide to buy a new game. I was thinking about the Sims 2, does anyone know if it is any good or not? Because along with building theme parks, I also like building cities in Sim City 4 and building houses in the Sims. (Since I enjoy creating things in games so much, I am starting to wonder why I am studying to be a lawyer rather than an architect or engineer or something, but anyway. Building something in a game and in real life is different I guess.)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Today when I had a little bit of time spared I started having a go at beginning Movie World in RCT3. My graphics card isn't as good as my last one, so when I start getting some screenshots, the graphics might not seem too good. But I hope I can keep this park up, although due to limited RCT3 scenery, Movie World's theming may not turn out great, I am already not too happy with the entrance gate I built, but I will see how the rest goes. I will post some screens when I have built more around the entrance.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I managed to build the entrance to the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster, which will hopefully allow me to build out from there depending on whether or not I find the time to play the game or not. Hopefully I should be going to Movie World in about three weeks when I might get an annual pass so hopefully I should be able to continue the recreation more accurately after that, though I am sure it will be very slow progress unfortunately. Anyway, here is a screenshot of the entrance to Scooby. (I have also built the station and the first segment of the ride, but it will get a screenshot once I have completed more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, you've done an incredible job on DW mate. I attempted to create it once...it didn't work out so well.... I am most definitely downloading it. And mickey as for playing the downloaded file I think it has something to do with putting the file into the folder where the saved parks are kept and then it should appear in the menu to load, but I'm not sure....can anybody else help?

Wow, you've done an incredible job on DW mate. I attempted to create it once...it didn't work out so well.... I am most definitely downloading it. And mickey as for playing the downloaded file I think it has something to do with putting the file into the folder where the saved parks are kept and then it should appear in the menu to load, but I'm not sure....can anybody else help?
Yeah, but im uncertain of which folder the games are saved in. I put it in the campaign file but... didnt work:( could anyone please help.

I found it. Go in to My Documents. Then into the folder 'RCT3'. Then open the folder 'Scenarios'. Save it in here.
Thanks for that Swanny great help. I have hit another problem now. I go into the park and it loads halfway then the screen goes black and im back to my desktop, it doesn't have any errors or anything. Whats wrong?