matty_o's RCT2 & RCT3 Park Recreations

matty_o_911

Hi Seeing as how I am not going to get it finished, I decided I would just post my Movie World recreation here. The theme park part has been finished, exept for the seating, bins and lights. The bottom of the map looks a little bare because I didn't finish the car park and studios but others are welcome to finish it off if they like. So here it is, I hope you like it. It is at http://www.geocities.com/matty_o_rct/ At the moment, I am making Dreamworld again, but this time in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, so when it is finished people will be able to see the park in full 3D and ride all the rides. (It should be just like being there and give those people who have never been there the chance to enjoy the rides, minus the wind in your face when on a ride and the exitement of being there, although if you want the wind part just set up a fan in front of the computer). I started a new thread so that the first post can contain the link to the downloadable movie world to save people searching for it in another thread. Peoples comments on the park would be good and I will be adding screenshots of my Dreamworld recreation as I get through it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go - first screenshots I have done most of the building and am close to completing the gold rush country area. Since these images where taken I have completed the rapids ride, and I will get them up soon. Unfortunately from my quick estimate of the placement of the Tower of Terror, it is not going to work properly as the track is too long for it to roll back to the station correctly on the way back, so I don't have a clue as to what I am going to do there. Anyway, enjoy the screens, and despite RCT3 getting some bad reviews, when you look how much like the real dreamworld the game looks from the view of the people in the park it looks really amazing, and I can't wait to have the same view with more rides and everything off into the distance.

Unfortunately I don't think you can download more scenery for RCT3. So far, I haven't found much of a problem in creating dreamworld so far without custom scenery like I used all the time in RCT2. Anyway, here are a few more screenshots. I added in a rough TOT, but it still doesn't reach the station properly as it should. It gets close but not quite, I'll have to figure something out eventually, I might just have to make a few slight adjustments to dreamworld to make it work.

In RCT3, you can't share towers but by having the base of the TOT tower raised you can place the station to the drop ride underneath it so that the drop rides tower rises right beside it. As for drop rides, I am planning on using the roto drop one, which spins as it rises to the top, so not overly real like the Giant drop but the tower looks close enough. I'll post another picture of my progress tomorrow (I have built the main train station and part of the vintage car ride.)

Time for some new screenshots. I am so glad I got this game, it is so much better than the games preceeding it. When you look around at this park from all the angles it looks so much like dreamworld (I am very proud of myself so far). I hope I got things around the claw area correct, I haven't been to dreamworld for a few years.

Ok time for some more screenshots, I got a bit done yesterday. And I did a quick open of the park to see what guests though of it so far, they liked all of the rides especially the cyclone, exept nobody went on the wipeout. Unfortunately I have noticed on this game that nobody likes the top spin rides, so the game makers must have made the nausea ratings too high on it. Anyway, here are the new screenshots.