matty_o's RCT2 & RCT3 Park Recreations

matty_o_911

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your computer is a behemoth you'll have a pretty hard time running large parks. I've got a mid-range pc and it can barely manage to run it, takes half-an-hour to load. Try turning reflections and all that off and see if it helps...
Ok I will try that, the other parks (the ones on the game) run fine except the trees wobble, yes its very strange. I know it is full of bugs, I hate it, I always loose my menu bar or it zooms into the ground and I can't move or zoom out or anything, and when I finish playing a thing comes up saying VIRTUAL MEMORY LOW. I hope that thrillville wont be as bad as RCT3

Wow I didn't think I'd be seeing this thread again - but I can't believe how long ago it was that I made those parks. Its a shame that I don't have the time or patience anymore to be able to make them. As much as I'd like to get into playing it again, its unlikely I'll be able to finish any parks though I do start 3 very long and boring months of university holidays so who knows I may get into it again. Movieworld would be too difficult to build I think because of the restrictive grid. The RCT2 version worked out fine because there was no Superman Escape, but because of the angle that main street branches off from the fountain it is practically impossible to build the park on a grid without making considerable adjustments that defeat the purpose of making a recreation in the first place. Thanks again anyway with the comments and it was a pleasure to build them and share them. Apologies though for the lag and extreme load times. Unfortunately RCT3 was not created with the intention to make large, scenery filled parks - another reason I was never able to finish the Cedar Point recreation which I was quite proud of at the time.

Unless your computer is a behemoth you'll have a pretty hard time running large parks. I've got a mid-range pc and it can barely manage to run it, takes half-an-hour to load. Try turning reflections and all that off and see if it helps...
A certain member on this forum has an incredible computer with the best gfx card available, 2GB ram and a 3.4ghz dual core processor. When we tried to run RCT3 on it, it left a lot to be desired. RCT3 is just a very badly designed game.

A certain member on this forum has an incredible computer with the best gfx card available, 2GB ram and a 3.4ghz dual core processor. When we tried to run RCT3 on it, it left a lot to be desired. RCT3 is just a very badly designed game.
Not as many people in these forums are as lucky as you... Surely it would run better on a beefed up pc then one that isn't? I have to agree though, it was poorly designed, especially since NL manages to be far more realistic yet it runs smoother. (Then again, NL doesn't have to process huge parks overloaded with scenery)... Back on topic though, it would be nice to see some more re-creations however I understand your situation and have tried and failed to do a few myself. They're definately a million times more difficult and time consuming than they look! (And they look pretty darn time consuming I might add)... Edited by WnW_Rocks

• 8 months later...

Thanks. I would have liked to have been able to complete another recreation ... I was especially disappointed that I was never able to finish Cedar Point when I was building it. Dreamworld though bigger than Movie World was easier to fit onto the RCT grid and so I was never able to decide on a way to get MW to work and so never got further than the entrance without giving up because I was unhappy with the look. Sea World probably fits onto the RCT grid better than the other two but since there are less rides etc, its gets a little bit boring spending hours fiddling with terrain heights to create lakes etc and using the wall pieces to make a good looking front building so I never got very far on that one either. I'd like to be able to do another but not quite sure I'll be able to get the time to do it anymore. Appreciate the good comments none-the-less and I'm glad you liked Dreamworld. Looking through this thread again for the first time in quite a long time brings back some memories ... can't believe how long ago it was that I did it.

Edited by matty_o_911

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks pretty cool, quite accurate but a couple of things could be changed... -Motocoaster is black and yellow, not blue and yellow. -The park doesn't have a chairlift anymore :P -On Cyclone, the helix before the two inversions is slightly wrong. You have it going S bend, left turn, right U turn, half loop, half corkscrew, half loop. In real life it goes s bend, 270 degree turn, half corkscrew, half loop (And as the track enters the 270 degree turn, it goes under the half corkscrew) See here: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sou...mp;t=h&z=20

Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...