Horror..........Experiences

steve$

ive never been to melbournes but sydney was the best park with the big dipper and im pissed how people complained to stop operation of the ride. The queues at the moment are just too long for such a small park, and they need more rides to at least loosen the crowd through the front towards the back. Coney island needs air con becasue on weekends when it is busy, its just a nightmare and too hot.

Yeah, an imitation that opened 15 years before Sydney's park. Hands down Melbourne has the better "face", but once inside I really don't think there's much going for either. There's very few rides, even fewer good rides and almost no rides that are good if spinning's not your thing. I enjoyed myself much more at Melbourne's park. I spent a day easily at that park, yet struggled really to fill an empty afternoon at Sydney's. Though it certainly does look nicer, I think it lacks a lot of the things that made Melbourne's better to me in terms of atmosphere etc.

I agree with some of those points Richard. In terms of amusement parks and rides, both of those parks do not have a lot going for them, no matter what some fan boys might say. Sydney has even less than Melbourne. I find it funny that on their website on the Wild Mouse link it says 'More rides than ever' when in fact it should be 'Less rides than ever'. I love fun parks but even I wouldn't be tempted to fork over my hard earned cash to ride some of those old carnie rides at both parks. It surprises me how many people do though and seem to enjoy themselves. And how anyone can spend a full day at Sydney's Luna Park I don't know. On a reasonable day you could do all the rides in under an hour

Not really. As people have said, it will not be themed to the extent of Dreamworld and that. It is themed in terms of lighting, music, backdrops and decorations, but that is really al you need. Now if you pay say $40 for entry to a THEME PARK, well then expect it to be themed more heavily than Luna Park Sydney, but that is different.

• 5 weeks later...

Well when I went on the Ranger at Sydney's Luna Park, the boat flinged straight over the top as soon as the ride started; no build up what-so-ever, we just went straight over! I was quite shocked, but it was supposed to happen; the staff member did it to shock us. So I'm complaining about the shocking staff members! (not really, he was a funny guy). The ranger is the best inverting ship I've been on apart from the the Hangover.