Documenting the parks history

Mickazee

Story isn't set in like the public area's such as walkways and such, but on Bush Beast. Some new lady operator was operating the ride obviously, and it seemed she didn't have much knowledge. She said the ride has been playing up all day. Anyway, lines were short luckily. I was next inline for the middle set of carriages, when after the cycle in front went around, and came back, the middle set of carriages to the back would not un-restrain themself. (now I do not know how the restraint locking system worked on the beast, so could someone explain it in detail?) So she sent the train around again, still no problems fixed. So she called maintenence, I decided to stay and look to see what they would do, even if she did say 15 mins. They came along, thinking themselves as king****s, worked out the ride was not releasing the restraints, they went to that little room on the station near the painting all about the beast being the biggest in the southern hemisphere, went to the carriages to where the problem starts, disconnected something, connected an air compressor, and woop-de-do it worked. later once they sent it around again, they went to tell off the poor girl. I felt so sorry for her. Wouldn't have been very nice for a maint guy telling off a ride op because she apparently "Broke it".

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mickazee for taking so long to reply but some of us have to sleep and then go to work the next day. Anyway I misread what it said on your site and admit that the information is now correct. However you said that "it's still uncertain as to whether it has stopped on the boomerang" which is why I made the comment asking if you had read the previous posts, because in those posts it is confirmed that on at least two occasions it had stopped in the boomerang. Paul the lap bar locking system used contacts on each carriage, which contacted with a metal strip that ran the length of the station. This system was constantly failing and nearly always was fixed by the op hitting the open lap bars a few times or holding it down. There was also a manual release that required a metal probe to be stuck in a keyhole in the side of each lap bar device. It was very fiddly to do and a lot of operators had trouble doing it. "The Bus is now leaving for Fiddle Head, South Australia"

Sorry Mickazee for taking so long to reply but some of us have to sleep and then go to work the next day.
You'd be interested to know that I happen to work too... fulltime as well! AND go to uni at nights... But let's not get into a circle jerk with availability on the Internet mmkay (it wasn't a dig at you for not replying promptly, trust me).. You're eager to sass me with "Have you read any of the posts since I first picked up that piece of incorrect information?" yet never checked the facts yourself... But I'm not holding an E-Grudge :D I'm keen for people to pick up errors/ommisisions on the site.. Wazza has been especially helpful in dates and factual information...

Original post by Mickazee - 30th-March-2005 11:45 PM Second post - 31st-March-2005 08:13 AM Thrid post - 31st-March-2005 10:38 AM - "Still waiting on Wonderbus to clear up exactly what's wrong with what I've written." If giving me 2 hours to reply is not a dig at me I don't know what is. When I am at work I don't have time to look at the Internet. I still stand by that comment I made about you not reading previous posts because it has been stated several times by several people that the train had stopped in the boomerang on at least two occasions yet you still state that the information about it stopping there is yet to be confirmed. I can't believe I just typed all of that considering I said the same thing 2 posts ago. "The Bus is now leaving for Hypo Hill Opal Diggings, South Australia"