Wild West Falls Maintenance Blog

Rivals

Yeah, tailoring that to say something like "two hydraulic cylinders per seat for redundancy to meet even the highest Australian Safety Standards' would have been better.

Overall there's a lot of jargon and technobabble in there like 'NDT Testing' and 'alignment of the ... ARB' shows the person who put this together has no idea who the audience is. 

It isn't a straight copy paste though - there are two different spellings for the word 'integrated'.

Look - it's "nice" that they did this. I'm not really a fan of when theme parks 'pull back the curtain' but at the same time, i'm the kind of person that likes to peek behind it regardless. I think i'd prefer the little videos they used to do to a 'blog post' as consumption of video media tends to be better received (and it helps the people providing the content to understand how it will be heard as they'll hear "ARB" instead of "Anti Roll Back" and they'll reshoot it properly). I suppose its better than nothing and it does help to explain to folks why its closed for so long at one time - although I do suspect the damage has been done to the parks reputation in the peak seasons earlier this year. The comments on social from the masses tend to be 'everything is always closed'.

• Like 2

West boats undergo daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual maintenance

It's funny reading this because "West" is the shorthand used internally when talking about the ride.

In a public facing article about the ride I would have fully expected every instance to say Wild West Falls™ or similar.

If they absolutely have to post things like chain dogs and arb's, at the least they should post a labeled photo showing them in position under the boats so people have an idea what they are talking about. Even if you have no idea exactly what it means, you can at least see what they are talking about and where it is.