Demon or Space Probe

22 members have voted

1. 1. Demon or Space Probe

• Space Probe
    • Demon
    • Don't know, Dont care!
    • Haven't been on either!

40 posts in this topic

Gotta say demon on this one, Space probe seemed to be over so quickly and after riding Giant Drop it was like nothing. Demon was my first looping coaster and it gave a non stop intensity

It's got to be Demon because at the moment that’s the only one you will ever ride again. This has to rate as one of the studipist threads that is actually about theme parks. For this thread to be relevant the question should be "Which was better". "The Bus is now leaving for Try Again Bore, Western Australia"

Nitpicking a little arent you bus??? (was better vs is better) They both still exist so i could pick the same errors with you and say Pattieboi is right to ask which IS better.

Go and have a ride on them then. I don't see how I made an error as they are both currently 'standing but not operating'. Also Space Probe is yet to find a new home and therefore what I said is correct. "The Bus is now leaving for Standish Ranges, Queensland"

Space Probe for the simple fact that it is smooth. The Demon was a rough piece of crap. Fun, but rough. Plus I love the countdown on the Space Probe. I couldn't give a crap if it was about to fall to pieces, It was still cool.

TRUE they are SBNO. BUT still standing none the less and "would" operate if the price was right!! I dunno whats up with you lately bus. You usually have something interesting and informative to say. Lately all its been from you is complain complain complain!! How bout we get the old 'happy' bus back :)

I never saw the countdown on Space Probe. The two times when I went to Wonderland the screens were not turned on but when i rode i was dropped straight away so i ahrdly noticed

That's because the operators did what they wanted to do witht he rides (e.g - make it stay up there for more than 10 seconds or make it fall staright away) But if you were a stuff of Wonderland and you operated the SP or you know how to operate it, just correct me if my info was incorrect ok?

Who cares weather Pattie should have said was or is !? I never rode the two of them but I think SP would be my fav...not so rough, higher up,faster,and more thrilling.

I dunno whats up with you lately bus. You usually have something interesting and informative to say. Lately all its been from you is complain complain complain!!   How bout we get the old 'happy' bus back
I'm trying to get someone to bite but the only person to do so lately was AlexB in this thread. I'm still waiting for him to reply to my last post by the way.
That's because the operators did what they wanted to do witht he rides (e.g - make it stay up there for more than 10 seconds or make it fall staright away) But if you were a stuff of Wonderland and you operated the SP or you know how to operate it, just correct me if my info was incorrect ok?
I was a staff member not ’stuff’ but anyway that is incorrect. The ride was programmed to drop approximately 5 seconds after the final cabin got into final position and that is why it seemed that the ride dropped at random intervals. Example: cabin 1 and 3 have 4 kids on each and cabin 2 has 4 adults on it. Cabin 2 is going to weigh more than 1 and 3 and therefore take longer to get up to the top so 1 and 3 go into final position while 2 is still going up. The countdown on the screens starts when the first cabin passes a sensor near the top of the tower. The countdown would often be around 1 or 2 when the last cabin got into final position so there would be another 5 seconds approximately before they dropped. "The Bus is now leaving for Dropmore, Victoria"

On the topic of the Demon rollercoaster... Driving along the M4 today I noticed a large crane in place alongside the rollercoaster, though the coaster structure did not appear to have had any sections removed so far (as best I could tell from a distance travelling along a motorway!). Presumably they are beginning to take it down for transport to the US, as Wonderbus has previously informed the forum. DaveB.