Infinity

scott

Who else has been there?What did you think?I thought it was pretty good,except for when I bumped my nose against the glass in atom maze...but that had to be my favourite part of the walk-through.For those of you who haven't been there and are going soon let me give you a warning;at one point you will you enter a large room with kaliedoscopes all around.There's a door along one side of the room,but It's really hard to find.If you don't find it you will spend a long time looking for another way out in the previous room,but It's actually in the room with the kaleidoscope.I didn't really have much time to enjoy the other rooms because we had spent so long looking for the door :)

I've been to Infinity, and thought it was quite worth while. The effects weren't quite impressive as I'd hoped, but they were still quite cool. The room with the strobe lighting and the balls was probably the best. The other impression I got was that the experience was just to short. Even walking through it slowly you still find yourself ejected into the real world just a touch to quick. On topic: The company that operates Infinity have recently opened a second attraction in Surfers, Space Walker. I had the pleasure of experiencing Space Walker, a couple of days ago, and thought I'd leave you with a trip report. After walking out of the Blazing, hot sun, we were standing at the ticket desk, with what I'm guessing was a rather stupid look on our face. "Would you two like to go into space?" we were asked by a young girl, who was sporting the sort of uniform you'd expect to see at a Trekkie convention. This was quite a sight, since you don't normally see girls in these sort of clothes. Plus she was attractive, and wearing a strange Silver wig. "Umm, yeah, me and him" I motioned to a friend of mine, who was still adjusting to the cool air, and was semi-transfixed by her wig. "Ok, now the whole experience is 2 hours, so do you need to go to the tolilet? Because there are no tolilets in space". We chuckled, paid the entrance price, and were asked to proceed to the teleporter (normal people call it an elevator, but this isn't that sort of place). We emerged at a Space Station, surrendered our mobile phones (apparently there's no reception in space either) and headed over to the transport pod. The next shuttle wasn't leaving for another 5mins, so we stood at the door, looking at all the 3D pictures of space. After 6 or 7 mins, we were admitted to the transport pod. It was basicly a theater, with seats that were somewhere between church benches, and full recliner chairs. So began our "Journey". Now, I really want to enjoy this place, but this is where it kinda started going pear shaped. The movie that followed went for about 20mins (I'm guessing, since I didn't have my mobile to keep time, good idea that) and basicly consisted of traveling from somewhere in the universe, to somewhere else in the universe (I think we were meant to be traveling to Earth, but I can't be sure). While we were traveling, an alien (looked like a Jellyfish, and I suspect is actual footage of a Jellyfish) was talking to us, educating us about the Solar System. Or at least that was the intention, but the narrative was kinda hard to hear at best. One thing we did get though was that once our pod "docked" we were to disembark and select one of two ways to get into space. Both options appeared quite cool, so we spent a good couple of mins trying to think of which way to go. Once we disembarked, we had to go through Cosmic Customs, which involved standing in what looked like a metal detector, but was in actual fact an "On ride photo". Clever. We were still debating which path we would take into space. One was kinda like what the whole of infinity is, and the other was one of those spinning tunnels. Since there was no one else there, we experimented and did both. The Spinning Tunnel was probably the best way to go. Thus it was, that we were at the main attraction, Space Walk. Its basicly a path in the dark, with a mock up of the Solar System and universe around you with educational videos along the way. It was kinda cool, but was shocking to discover this was the main attraction. This was what we'd paid to come in to see. Naturally, we watched all the videos, which it must be said, were genrally quite well done. Within about 20 mins/half an hour, we had meandered to the end of the 30 or so meter walk, and entered the "Black hole" (travelator with lighting effects) which took us back to the start. When we exited, we both had very similar thoughts on the attraction, and a basic summary is follows: 1. The staff were fantastic. They didn't break from they're character, and stayed true to the feel of the place. Anyone who can call an elevator a teleporter without blushing deserves a pat on the back up in my book. 2. The film was too long, not interesting enough, and at times very hard to understand. I know it would have been expensive, but I really wish they'd made this section a simulator, and not so educational. 3. Making people choose one way or another was in my mind a mistake. It means you miss half of the special effects. The return journey (blackhole) will soon be accompained by another second option, the Stargate. Maybe this is in the hope that people will feel compelled to come again to experience the other entry and exit. 4. The actual walk itself was very well done, but just not all that spectacular. It would make an excellant queue in a theme park, but as a stand alone attraction I'm not sure. It is a better walk-through then Harry Potter and Matrix though. Again, I really wanted to like this attraction, but overall it seems to be lacking something. Really, what I think its missing is its not infinity. Thats its biggest problem. What we were really hoping for a kind of "Infinity 2", not an educational expereince. When the staff told us it was educational, we figured it'd be like infinity but with educational stuff. Not even close, this is completly different, and I think thats the attractions biggest problem. If your on holiday, check it out. Even if your a local, check it out once. Its worth a look at, but its sadly not worth it a second time. Maybe the bar they're adding will enhance the experience, and the Stargate ending might get me back a second time, but overall this is one of those "Looked really cool on the drawing board" ideas, but doesn't quite work. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 overall.

I've been to Infinity, and thought it was quite worth while. The effects weren't quite impressive as I'd hoped, but they were still quite cool. The room with the strobe lighting and the balls was probably the best. The other impression I got was that the experience was just to short. Even walking through it slowly you still find yourself ejected into the real world just a touch to quick. On topic: The company that operates Infinity have recently opened a second attraction in Surfers, Space Walker. I had the pleasure of experiencing Space Walker, a couple of days ago, and thought I'd leave you with a trip report. After walking out of the Blazing, hot sun, we were standing at the ticket desk, with what I'm guessing was a rather stupid look on our faces. "Would you two like to go into space?" we were asked by a young girl, who was sporting the sort of uniform you'd expect to see at a Trekkie convention. This was quite a sight, since you don't normally see girls in these sort of clothes. Plus she was attractive, and wearing a strange Silver wig. "Umm, yeah, me and him" I motioned to a friend of mine, who was still adjusting to the cool air, and was semi-transfixed by her wig. "Ok, now the whole experience is 2 hours, so do you need to go to the toilet? Because there are no toilets in space". We chuckled, paid the entrance price, and were asked to proceed to the teleporter (normal people call it an elevator, but this isn't that sort of place). We emerged at a Space Station, surrendered our mobile phones (apparently there's no reception in space either) and headed over to the transport pod. The next shuttle wasn't leaving for another 5mins, so we stood at the door, looking at all the 3D pictures of space. After 6 or 7 mins, we were admitted to the transport pod. It was basically a theatre, with seats that were somewhere between church benches, and full recliner chairs. So began our "Journey". Now, I really want to enjoy this place, but this is where it kinda started going pear shaped. The movie that followed went for about 20mins (I'm guessing, since I didn't have my mobile to keep time, good idea that) and basically consisted of travelling from somewhere in the universe, to somewhere else in the universe (I think we were meant to be travelling to Earth, but I can't be sure). While we were travelling, an alien (looked like a Jellyfish, and I suspect is actual footage of a Jellyfish) was talking to us, educating us about the Solar System. Or at least that was the intention, but the narrative was kinda hard to hear at best. One thing we did get though was that once our pod "docked" we were to disembark and select one of two ways to get into space. Both options appeared quite cool, so we spent a good couple of mins trying to think of which way to go. Once we disembarked, we had to go through Cosmic Customs, which involved standing in what looked like a metal detector, but was in actual fact an "On ride photo". Clever. We were still debating which path we would take into space. One was kinda like what the whole of infinity is, and the other was one of those spinning tunnels. Since there was no one else there, we experimented and did both. The Spinning Tunnel was probably the best way to go. Thus it was, that we were at the main attraction, Space Walk. Its basically a path in the dark, with a mock up of the Solar System and universe around you with educational videos along the way. It was kinda cool, but was shocking to discover this was the main attraction. This was what we'd paid to come in to see. Naturally, we watched all the videos, which it must be said, were generally quite well done. Within about 20 mins/half an hour, we had meandered to the end of the 30 or so meter walk, and entered the "Black hole" (travelator with lighting effects) which took us back to the start. When we exited, we both had very similar thoughts on the attraction, and a basic summary is follows: 1. The staff were fantastic. They didn't break from they're character, and stayed true to the feel of the place. Anyone who can call an elevator a teleporter without blushing deserves a pat on the back up in my book. 2. The film was too long, not interesting enough, and at times very hard to understand. I know it would have been expensive, but I really wish they'd made this section a simulator, and not so educational. 3. Making people choose one way or another was in my mind a mistake. It means you miss half of the special effects. The return journey (blackhole) will soon be accompanied by another second option, the Stargate. Maybe this is in the hope that people will feel compelled to come again to experience the other entry and exit. 4. The actual walk itself was very well done, but just not all that spectacular. It would make an excellent queue in a theme park, but as a stand alone attraction I'm not sure. It is a better walkthrough then Harry Potter and Matrix though. Again, I really wanted to like this attraction, but overall it seems to be lacking something. Really, what I think its missing is its not infinity. That's its biggest problem. What we were really hoping for a kind of "Infinity 2", not an educational experience. When the staff told us it was educational, we figured it'd be like infinity but with educational stuff. Not even close, this is completely different, and I think that's the attractions biggest problem. If your on holiday, check it out. Even if your a local, check it out once. Its worth a look at, but its sadly not worth it a second time. Maybe the bar they're adding will enhance the experience, and the Stargate ending might get me back a second time, but overall this is one of those "Looked really cool on the drawing board" ideas, but doesn't quite work. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 overall.

Joz,when I was talking about scenery on RCT2,I didn't mean that it wasn't simple to hold the mouse and a button at the same time,I meant that it's not a very good idea to have shift as the button you had to hold,I wouldn't have thought of it if Pattie hadn't told me you had to use that particular button.You didn't have to qoute of the week me. Sorry for getting off topic.