New Skyway

rappa

Well the new Scenic Skyway at Scenic World in Katoomba is suppossed to open this month (the date was actualy posted but is now gone) however after speaking to Scenic World today it looks like the opening is now back to December. Guess they might be having some commissioning problems...

What's to question about Scenic World's engineer? She's a qualified Mechanical Engineer, and I believe a lot of the work is done in conjunction with other consulting engineers.
Well if your referring to my post i wasnt saying anything about the engineer personally, They allways say they have an engineer working on it (there've been saying that for years now) Thats why i put "so called engineer" like that.

Actually, I was talking about willsy's post. The truth is that for many years the project was left idle. The original engineer who worked on the project had since retired and Scenic World was working on other things (i.e. Sceniscender, the walking tracks and the many renovations to the facilities). It wasn't until this year that a full-time engineer was appointed to the project. Work on Orphan Rocker is currently on hiatus because of the construction associated with the Skyway, which sees scaffolding over much of the track and one of the coaster's supports has been removed.