Ride Trade website

willsy

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamworld wouldnt of spent a few million on themeing for the claw, all it has is the 4 feet and an old car they would of picked up from the wreckers for $600 dollars. at a guess, the most expensive part of the claw theming would be the new conrete they layed for the area, and the paint for the floor, shade, fence and plants would be next followed by the car. how do u get a few million from that. I couldnt give a price due to the cost of they huge slab and paint, however ur standard pool fencing like the claw has is approx $100 a panel. so ur fence would be approx no ore than $5000, ur car $600,the shade even a blow out price of $10,000 which is way to high of a guesstimate but for the example well but it at 10k. cpl of thousand for the plants(very high again)ur left with the slab.so $15000 plus slab/paint id say way below $100,000. not a few million.

It comes down to two things for me: What is the extra capacity? and how much extra is it? If the cost is going to be a couple of million more for, say, and extra 50 people per hour then it would hardly be worth it. If its going to cost an extra million or less and allow an extra 100 people + then it may be worth it. Strangly, I tend to think Dreamworld went the right way with the smaller model, even with its smaller capacity. The Claw in my mind is the parks best addition since Wipeout, and just like Wipeout, the queue moves fairly regualaly, and the ride has what I'd call an adaquate capacity. The themeing on the Claw is not great, but the feel of the area around the ride is very nice (something that you can't really say for Tower of Terror no matter how good the ride is), with nice landscaping, lamps and the like. Re-riding the Claw is a pleasure, not a chore (Read Cyclone), and as a whole, the ride is excuted pefectly. The bigger model would have just cost more.

I was only kidding kenny. As if themeing would cost several milllion extra instead of another couple of seats. I think I enjoy the smaller model more really. Less spin, meaning you'll face the ground and swing through the station on almost the same angle, unlike the Huss Giant Frisbees which spin insanely fast.