Dreamworld vs Six Flags

scott

Although it would probably be better for someone who knows more about park then me to do this,I'm doing it none the less.Anyway,I'm pitting Australia's premier thrill park against the biggest amuesement park chain out there,to see how it compares.Keep in mind that I haven't been to any Six Flags Parks so some things may be wrong. Theming: Many people believe that theming is what makes theme parks so great,some people think otherwise,but either way theming is an important part of amusement parks,and help provide atmosphere.There has been discussion lately on how DW's theming has been of rather poor quality.Although all of their rides do have theming,their main rides such as Tower Of Terror,Giant Drop,and Cyclone,could be much better rides with improved theming.Rides such as Wipeout,Eureka Mine Ride,Rocky Hollow and The Claw however do have fairly heavy theming. The Six Flags parks rides generally have only averahe theming,e.g Viper,X)but like Dream World some of their rides do have good theming. Capacity: Capacity is currently an important issue for DW,with Tower Of Terror,Cyclone and Giant Drop usually having long ques.Most of their other rides are fairly high capacity,such as the Claw,Wipeout,Eureka Mine Ride and Rocky Hollow. Most rides at Six Flags Parks are quite high capacity,with the exception of X.This is mainly because most of their Coasters run more then one train. Roller Coasters: Dreamworld has only four Roller Coasters which is very few in comparison to most park,including Six Flags.Tower Of Terror is there fastest and tallest Rollercoaster and in an enjoyable ride.The Cyclone,another of Dreamworlds major rides,is a quite a fast Rollercoaster and fairly enjoyable.Eureka Mine Ride is a Wild Mouse Style rollercoaster,and Reptar Runaway Rollercoaster is an inverted childrens Rollercoaster. Six Flags Parks have many Roller Coasters throughout the park the parks,most of them being thrilling. Thrill Rides:Dreamworld has generally good thrill rides.The Giant Drop,Claw and Wipeout are all thrilling rides with high capacity and fairly good theming. The Six Flags parks have quite a few thrill rides which are quite good. I could have made it alot better if I had actually been overseas, I haven't yet been to any Six Flags parks,sorry it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Ive done sfmm and sfmw lots. There are pros and cons for both the 2 above and DW. The ones above are have better coasters and rides then DW but DW has a better atmosphere then SFMM but I did enjoy SFMW atmosphere as it was like half seaworld with animals and half coasters and MEDUSA a B&M floorless was kick ass. What is funny is the following: In San Francisco I found Paramount to be the better park the Six Flags Marine World even though six flags had Medusa, Roar and V2. In Southern California I find Knotts kicks Six Flag Magic Mountain ass in a park that I would rather hang out at. even though SFMM had more rides. In Gold Coast I find MW more of a fun place to hang then DW So in summing up the theard Six Flags and DW are alot alike but the competion over the past few years and beyond is starting to kick there ass.

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of X, its no longer out of the question becasue S&S are building a second 4d for a park in japan, and it will be bigger than X and will feature a Full/Full (zero g roll with 360* seat flip) Hopefully this one will do better. This was on the IAAPA report on www.coastersandmore.de So DW Could get a 4D

X at six flags dosent take up much room really, it is more length than what it is with width. Where the cyclone is now could of easily fitted in X. plus why do u say dreamworld needs 13 more coasters to catch magic mountain, and someone else in another post was saying cedar point have 17 coasters vs dreamworlds 4.......................Cedar point and magic mountain both have 16 coasters not 17!

Yeah,not all of the coasters at Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain are record breaking state of the art thrill rides.Why not instead of buying 10 small coasters over 10 years just buy two and focus the rest of the money into something of excellant quality that will last for many years and remain a much loved ride thorugh it's entire history

Majority of all the coasters at Magic Mountain and Cedarpoint are better than what we have even with another one or two additions.Theirs not a bad coaster at Cedarpoint old or new. Flashback i haven't been on,so i can't critise. I believe Intamin still has Hairpin coasters up for sale.Theirs an idea for a replacement for Thunderbolt.