Demon Removal

Bussy

C'mon now AlexB, you can't seriously say that you never spoke to staff members from other departments when you worked at Wonderland, and then mention the same information to somebody else? Eh? Phats admitted that he didn't understand what he meant by "test/siding tracks" so he may well have misunderstood everything entirely. It's the chinese-whispers effect, so really it's all rumours until further notice. Anyway, welcome Phats and I'm sure everybody here will appreciate any info regarding the Demons new home. :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it not possible that they would add a sliding station? There was a post here lately that had a link to a shuttle coaster with effectively two stations so while one train was out the other train was being loaded. When the train got back the track would move sideways so the loaded train could be dispatched. This would increase capacity. I am not sure how popular VisionLand is so I’m not sure if it would make any difference. I am not sure if Phats cousin is a casual employee or not but being in the A/V department I would say he would be. Taking that into account it is very unlikely that they would have any information considering the park is currently closed and will be until closer to the northern summer. "The Bus is now leaving for Sliding Rock, South Australia"

that post was to a launched shuttle system though. I can't imagine or conceive of the difficulties in a sliding track section like that being fitted to demon - for one - the original station was shipped to them as well, and it would be a little more difficult to put that into a sliding station version, and secondly, as I recall, the catchwagon begins its descent when the train is staged on its braking column at the correct position. the sliding system would need to be efficient and fast, in order to have the train on the second track in the exact position necessary for the catchwagon to lock on. I see this sort of system causing nothing but trouble to a ride that is already renowned for its difficulties in operation. The only possible uses I can see for the extra sections of track would be - to create a higher lift hill (why?) to creat a longer station (WHY?) to make the inside run of the boomerang longer, to give it a larger footprint (?????) or a transfer section of track, not actually connected to the rest of the ride, on either a truck or trolley or some sort, that they can move the train to to perform maintenance etc....

Well instead of Bighting Everyones arses off here, lets just leave Phats Alone here. He is a messenger, and from what i have already seen will be a great value to R-C in terms of giving us Information on a ride, which came from a park which meant so much to so many people. Give Him a Break. Sounds like a nice guy.

LOL. Just cause you didnt get in first dan... I didnt attack Phats in my first post:

i dont believe this information to be extremely accurate......... im gunna need a bit more information from a reliable source before i swallow this info.
I only then referred to him as Shifty Junior in response to Rappa's comment about my being harsh... and in all fairness, this is the sort of thing that would have come from NightShifter. So far, nobody has come up with any reasonable explaination of what this "extra track" would be used for. The only explainations others have come up with are contradicting the initial report.

Guys, its pretty simple.. Maybe if there is a new siding track they're finally going to put the second train on the Demon track!!!! This way they can store one train off the track when they don't need to use two! My guess is that this would really help to increase ride capacity on the old Demon by adding the second train. What does everyone else think? (And remember your future level of intelligence and ability to interpret sarcasm may be decided based on your reply)

I am aware of Paul, and his Actions yes. And I am also aware of the CG's of the site too. It's ok to post a link, if it goes to the appropriate place, not advertising a site, and gives some information. So technically, I am fine.

Well if you Read the Article Gazza, the rides name was provided by a Young Lad, in the Competition they held. Now Zoom= Fast Erang= The Boomerang Part. So like Boomerang, but Zoom instead of Boom to show it's a Zooming Fast Ride.

i believe Gazza was being sarcastic, as was I, on the name being unique... Zoomerang was used for another ride of the same design. Given it has a boomerang element, and so many across the world are already CALLED boomerang, Zoomerang is just another play on word(s). Titan and Demon were unique names, and it would seem that our poor demon has been saddled with a name that lacks creativity and uniqueness, and has had it, or a variation, applied to most of the other rides of the same design. the demon as we know it is unique no more. At least Demon was themed reasonably well (as far as wonderland standard goes), and had an entire themed land built around it. Zoomerang will just be a standard ride with standard gates. its name doesnt imply much in the way of theming, so it will just be another carnival type ride plonked smack bang in the middle of their park, wherever they have the space for its footprint.

In doing a quick search on RCDB, out of 47 coasters that are: Shuttle Sit Down Made by Vekoma, 27 of them are named Boomerang, Plus 1 Zoomerang, not including Visionland. (some results are double ups, as the RCDB includes coasters twice if they relocated - eg: Titan became Demon) Roller Coaster Amusement Park 1Boomerang Bellewaerde Park 2Boomerang Fantasilandia 3Boomerang Freizeit-Land Geiselwind 4Boomerang Geroland 5Boomerang Hafan y Môr Holiday Park 6Boomerang Jerudong Park 7Boomerang Knott's Berry Farm 8Boomerang La Ronde 9Boomerang Parc de Montjuic 10Boomerang Parque de la Costa 11Boomerang Playcenter São Paulo 12Boomerang Pleasure Island Family Theme Park 13Boomerang Six Flags Elitch Gardens 14Boomerang Six Flags Fiesta Texas 15Boomerang Six Flags Marine World 16Boomerang Six Flags Mexico 17Boomerang Tashkent Park 18Boomerang Tivoliland 19Boomerang Walibi Aquitaine 20Boomerang Walibi Rhône-Alpes 21Boomerang Wiener Prater 22Boomerang Wild Adventures 23Boomerang Woobang Towerland 24Boomerang Worlds of Fun 25Boomerang Zygo Park 26Boomerang Coast-to-CoasterGreat Escape 27Boomerang Coast to CoasterSix Flags Darien Lake 28Cobra Walibi Belgium 29Cobra West Midlands Safari Park 30Colossus Habtoorland 31Demon Wonderland Sydney 32Flashback Six Flags New England 33Flashback Six Flags Over Texas 34Head Spin Geauga Lake 35Krachen Al-Shallal Theme Park 36La Via Volta Walibi World 37Ragin’ Cajun Dixie Landin’ 38Sea Serpent Morey's Piers 39Sidewinder Hersheypark 40Space Shuttle Enchanted Kingdom 41Thunderbolt Aladdin's Kingdom 42Tidal Wave Trimper's Rides 43Titan World Expo Park 44Unknown Grandlink World 45Vampire Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom 46Zoomerang Lake Compounce 47Zydeco Scream Six Flags New Orleans