Sega World Rail Chase

Jobe

Hi guys!!! I know that Sega World in Darling Harbour closed down a few years ago but i was wondering what happened to its coaster "Rail Chase?" Rail Chase (4 those who dont know) was a indoor mine train themed coaster. It wasnt a bad ride and with some extra theming could have been quite excellent!!! I was wondering if anyone knows who bought it and where it was sold?? It is my opinion that when Sega World closed down, Rail Chase should have been bought by Luna Park Sydney and rethemed. It would now be the perfect solution as it was indoors so no noise complaints from the whingy neighbours!! It would have filled the large void left by the Big Dipper going to Dreamworld. Luna Park need to get something similar to this ride or Eureka Mt Mine train that is partially enclosed. It would be the dual attraction that is needed to kepp the park viable!! Cheers Jobe

• 2 months later...

Wow that IS a sad price. Just before Sega World closed they spent close to $2 million upgrading Rail Chase. I don't know if any of you got a chance to ride it after it was upgraded? It was much better. The entire ride was completely rethemed and relaunched. Some of the new features included things like extra visual effects, an ice cave, a lava-filled gold mine and a misty waterfall that riders would travel through. After Rail Chase was upgraded, the park then fully refurbished the Iwerks Magic Motion ride and rethemed the entry facade and queue area. They also demolished the original kids area and built a really colourful and quite large tubular playland. They were also in the process of adding a new ice rink to the complex called 'Ice World' but shortly after construction started, the park closed down. It was quite sad as a lot of the additions and improvements were very cool.